Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WTF? Not Losing 3.5 weeks Post

Okay, seriously, I need a fill or something, b/c I am starving all the time and I stopped losing weight ...

I'm so discouraged ... I'm getting my first fill next week, and I'm going to ask for a serious load ... I was hoping to be down 25 lbs by now, but alas, I have actually gained a few lbs back.

Is this lapster hell?

I mean, I'm hungry :-( And now so depressed.

I was banded on 01/25/08 and had my first fill today, 4 weeks later. I am only down 11 pounds. My doctor and nurses all told me not to expect much before the first fill as you only have the band on and nothing in it yet. Don't get discouraged. You are doing great!!

The band is designed to work with fills. Any weight loss before your 1st fill is a bonus. The 1st 4 weeks after surgery are for healing.

I was also very hungry before my fills. My 1st fill was good the first few days but after that I was hungry again and could eat anything. My 2nd fill was better and I had some restriction for about a week. My 3rd fill has been great. I have good restriction most days. I've had this fill for 3 weeks. It takes time and fills to get to where you want to be. Be patient. The band will work.

Are you getting in all of your Protein, try upping it even more.

Also are you drinking enough Water, you should get in at least 64 ounces a day and more if you can find the time.

Are you NOT drinking with your meals?

You did not give us much to go on here, except that you stopped losing. If you are doing all of those things and are still hungry and not losing then yes you probably need a fill.

I am 14 weeks post op and have had no fill and I am not hungry. I eat alot of Protein though, because it is what keeps us fuller longer.

Okay, seriously, I need a fill or something, b/c I am starving all the time and I stopped losing weight ...

I'm so discouraged ... I'm getting my first fill next week, and I'm going to ask for a serious load ... I was hoping to be down 25 lbs by now, but alas, I have actually gained a few lbs back.

Is this lapster hell?

I mean, I'm hungry :-( And now so depressed.

ok- the hunger thing.:tt2: It is driving me freakin' crazy too.:) Not a craving for cr*p-food head hunger---a real gnawing, stomach churning feed-me-now hunger! (I exercise, eat plenty of Protein,low low carbs, plenty of Water etc etc) I am INSANELY jealous of bandsters who say they don't get hungry. What? Are you kidding me????? The only time I am satiated for more than 3 hours is after my evening meal. After dinner, I don't have any desire to eat again til the next morning.(Praise the Lord!) And yes, I am hungry in the morning. And yes, I do have some restriction. So Tangerine dreams, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!

I just had my 3rd fill, (I was banded mid December 2007) and was on 2 month weight plateau until this last fill. They told me I had lost 3 pounds. Woo Hoo.:glare: Well, it is about freakin time because have been dieting since the surgery!!!!!!.

To me, the BEST part of the band is that that with the fills, if I mind my p's and q's, I will not regain what I typically have always done in the past. The WORST part of the band is that I am STILL HUNGRY! Short of drugs, I don't know if that part will ever end. Or at least, that is what it feels like to me. Even though "they" told me that one good thing about the band was that it band stops hunger. :icon_bs:HA! HA! HA! HA!........ NOT!!!

The weird thing is that I am not eating any less now than I have for the last two months. Nothing has changed. Will the weight loss continue? I sure hope so. One pound a week ain't great, but it is better than stalling. And, I have halved my Blood pressure meds and anti-inflammatories! So that is good too-especially for an almost 59 year old post-menopausal woman with creaky joints.

Ok, yes... you are in bandster hell... and luckily for you... your time is kind of short. A lot of people had to wait 6 or more weeks for the first fill, and sometimes that first fill does not give restriction... that is why they are called adjustments. And yes... you are going to be hungry until that first fill because you have no restriction yet. It is also normal to gain a little post-op especially when mushies time comes. DO not worry... once you start getting your fills you will be doing just fine... but at the moment you are right on track! Your body and stomache need time to heal and get used to this contraption that has just invaded your body... no matter how small the incision. Just think... a grain of sand becomes a pearl... but it takes a lot of time, effort and care. You are almost there... just try to keep the cals down and get that Protein in!