Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories!!

Jtag,

Great seeing your post about deleting el losers number... Good to see that much confidence!!! So often we find ourselves putting up with more than what we should because we have low self-esteem (IMHO), so I'm glad to read your post!!

My NSV this week is crazy. I posted a pic in the beginning, of me in a Mets jersey and you can see how tight it was.

Well yesterday, went to Opening Day, no photo though, and was able to have a turtleneck sweater on underneath and still button the jersey up and move around in it. Not to mention, not being wedged in the seat this season either.

I had a new NSV this weekend. I fit into size 22 jeans. :) The scale, it sure isn't moving for me, but knowing the I am in jeans a size smaller is helping!!

~Amy

I had a new NSV this weekend. I fit into size 22 jeans. :) The scale, it sure isn't moving for me, but knowing the I am in jeans a size smaller is helping!!

~Amy

Woo hoo! That's awesome. Congrats :biggrin:

Amy;

That's great! I have a pair of jeans that I am waiting to get into and they are a 22! Of course, they're stretch jeans but who cares!! Good job!

Wow!!! Clothes getting bigger is definitely a good thing--but sometimes it makes our wallets get smaller...:huh2:!

My new NSV's this week are

-I went to a stadium and fit into the chairs that this time last year dug into my legs!!!

-My...ahem....underwear are getting to big and becoming a pain in the you-know-where......lol:scared2:

-I fit into a dress that I haven't even been able to get on in 4 years!

Yeah us!!! Congrats everyone! This site is what keeps me motivated!

Wow!!! Clothes getting bigger is definitely a good thing--but sometimes it makes our wallets get smaller...:thumbup:!

My new NSV's this week are

-I went to a stadium and fit into the chairs that this time last year dug into my legs!!!

-My...ahem....underwear are getting to big and becoming a pain in the you-know-where......lol:scared2:

-I fit into a dress that I haven't even been able to get on in 4 years!

Yeah us!!! Congrats everyone! This site is what keeps me motivated!

That is for sure and as I lose the weight I have to remember that I don't need to buy 10 new outfits in a new size as they likely won't fit soon (I've not yet lost that much to change a whole lot where I'm needing to buy a lot more yet - still at the stage where some of my clothes are too big but others are just fitting better).

Fantastic NSV's! I bought tickets to a concert in August and I hope I am down a good chunk of weight by then because I remember the last concert I went to at that venue my ass didn't really fit in the chairs at all (granted I've lost like 40lbs since then anyways... that was like 6 or 7 yrs ago) and I want to be comfortable and have fun!

Keep up the awesome job everyone!:thumbup:

I had to replace my wedding ring a second time down from size 8 1/2 to a 7 now. Target is doing a great business on me and rings, New shoes down a size are now loose. When I reach goal I will have wedding ring sized, but not till then

Pants are baggy and tops are 2 sizes smaller. I bought some on sale last fall 3 sizes smaller then I was then wearing and now they are large.

I don't think I am loosing so much in pounds but am building muscle and dropping fat. I only weigh myself at doctor's office when I go for checkup or fill, since I have "scale phobia"

My son says I sound so upbeat on the phone he can tell I am having a ball and enjoying life more. We live 1500 miles apart, so only talk on phone.

Knockouts - y'all are awesome!! I LOVE hearing these!!

My NSV for the week - I went shopping, looking for new pants - it was pretty crappy weather (rain/snow) and I was on my bike, but I had layers on and was warm and I was LOVING IT...I was so muddy and blasting thru every puddle - it was so FUN!!! Outside Sears, I had a guy in a WHEELCHAIR tell me that me being on my bike in the rain was an awful way to get around that day...Excuse me? UR serious? UR in a wheelchair? I was so estatic that I could even MOVE, that I could even get around....last summer I had constant back pain, there's no way I would have even had enough ambition to do that! Never did find any pants I liked?!?!

Just think.... where was everyone at 1 year ago today???? I know I was so so unhappy and miserable.....

7_9_5.gif Awesome, I am still heading toward a bike and as soon as I get okay from doctors (all of them) I will go out and buy a brand new RED one!

Any suggestions!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Ok, so here is another one. My mom wanted to go shopping at JC Penney and I went with her (she shops in the petites). I saw this super cute dress and she said "Well, try it on!" I said yeah, right, the biggest size is a 16! Well, I took her advice and you know what?!!? I got it on AND zipped. It was still a little tight, but it was ON--a PETITE size 16!! I couldn't believe it.

Congrats to everyone. This is so great!:rolleyes:

Just now, as my boss walked by, he stopped and looked at me and said, "You look smaller today. You look more compact, somehow." He doesn't know about my band and that's the first time anyone at work has commented on my loss. Yay!!

Also a mini-scale victory: this morning, I'm at 226, just one pound away from my first mini-goal of 225. Sooooo close (and boy do my toes need the pedicure I've promised them when I get there)!

The scale hasn't moved much for me lately, so I was a little apprehensive to go shopping this weekend for some much needed spring pieces. I found a dress that was cute, so I tried it on in a 22 (was in 24s at surgery time). It was big, so I tried a 20. It looked pretty good, so I showed my mom, and she said she thought I should try a size smaller. So I did, and it fit perfectly! An 18! Woo-hoo! And then I tried a shirt in a 1x, and it fit, and I have to say, I actually like looking at myself in the mirror for the first time in a very long time. What a great day!

Yay fantastic NSV's everyone.

Ninja - I had to giggle at the "You look more compact, somehow" comment - that is such a man thing to say ... compact. Very awesome and very funny!