Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery story 2-25-08

I arrived at the surgery center at 730, filled out a couple of papers, gave her my drivers license and then waited for them to call me back.

My nurse Sherry in pre-op was super nice. She gave me a gown, socks and lovely blue hat to change in to, and asked for a urine sample to make sure I was't pregnant. Went back to my bed, she took my vitals, asked some wuestions and proceeded to start an iv..left hand first, missed so tried right, now we're good to go. Hooked me up to antibiotic bag and IV liquid, then gave me a shot of blood thinner in my stomach, that stung a little. She took a EKG and then I waited.

Surgeon came in, asked some questions, asked me if I had any and he said see ya in a bit.

Anesteologist(sp?) came in, talked to me explained the deal and off I went to the or

I switched tot he other table got hooked up to monitors, pulse ox, and secured to the table, he said he was giving me something to make me warm and fuzzy, after that I remember nothing until recovery.

I awake to a breathe hun, breathe, and a spoon full of ice chips, my mouth was WAY dry and she keep slipping me ice. I had ALOT of pain and nausea, but they fixed me right up, I have fibromyalgia, so my pain is amplified 100x the normal person. They got me dressed, they sat me up..OUCH..and we walked down the hall to a recliner, I sat there for a bit, and then she asked if I was ready to go home, and I said yes!

HUbby pulled the car around and I walked out front and got it, drove home, the bumps were rough and going up the stairs was tough, but glad to be home.

I had ALOT of gas pressure, so I took gas-x it helps, but it keeps coming back :)

I have been using my air blower with the ball to prevent pnemonia and taking my pain meds every 4 hours on cue..I have had broth, and Water but I can't seem to get enough Water, I sip constantly but the water bottle is still full and I am thristy.

I took a couple of naps, but sleeping sitting up isn't fun, and it hurts to lay down. It's now 230am and I hurt still ready for the next dose at 3, then I will probably head back to bed., I have walked alot but am tired and I burp when I walk and it hurts a little and I get the hiccups alot too...

Hope everyone else is well

Tammy

Congratulations on your surgery. Also, thanks for the play by play report. At times I get nerves over this whole ordeal. Keep sending your updates. For me, it helps take some of the pressure off.

Great Tammy! Almost to a T of my surgery day! Keep us posted... :)