Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOST ALL RESTARICTION!(long)

This is really weird...I have lost basically all of my restriction.

Last night I went out to dinner with my husband and some friends and I was really hungry, the stomic was growling and everything. Strange because I had been snacking all day long. (I was at a track meet where there was nothing band friendly) and not that I haven't done that before, but that ussually means that I am not hungry at dinner time. But this was different. I started out with the bread...(felt a little sticky and then...nothing) I had my whole dinner (mindlessly while talking and having a good time) and it wasn't until my hubby said, "Wow you ate the whole dinner and a salad you really were hungry."

I have not finnished in one sitting my whole meal since I have been banded. I am a little freaked out. But I have not have had any problems up to now and been doing great. So I was not worried until today. I was hungry again.

We went to Breakfast and I had 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausage, the sweedish pancakes and 0range Juice! I am never able to eat and drink at one time. This evening I had to force myself to not eat my whole dinner.

I know I have been needing a fill for awhile but to have it completly gone is freaking me out. I think I got away with out having a fill because my tummy is sensitive to flying and it was just like having a fill.( I had to travel a lot during the indoor track season) I want to hop on a plane tonight!

The problem is that I can't see my Dr. in Dallas until May. I have the J and J band so I can't go see Dr Billy and I have to work both jobs (teaching and coaching) so I can't just go to TJ on the spur of the minute (if only this had happened 2 weeks ago while I was just coaching) I only live 1 and 1/2 from the border. I also don't know who to go see. The last time I thought about it they wanted 250 for a fill in MX and that seemed unreasonable. But now I don't know maybe I will have to take a day off work... ugh. SO if anyone has any suggestions on who to see in TJ and how much it will cost, please let me know.

Sorry this is so long.

Rica: I have lost restriction before and it is scary. I find my fill is fickle. The weather plays a role in how restricted I am. Flying also makes me more restricted. If I fly back to TN for a visit I am restricted for at least a week while there till my body acclimates. It does sound like you need another fill. But in the meantime this will get you to be more cognizant of what you are eating. YEAH I know isn't that what we got the band for so that we can eat less of what we are eating. SIGH!! Yes that is true but it is a tool. We have to do some of the work. Hate that part!

I have heard good things about Dr. Kuri & Dr. Ortiz, but I don't know if either does fills on the J & J band.

Good Luck

Thanks penni as always your wonderful! Oh and it was Kuri who wanted to charge $250 :cry

I had no idea that the band switches from tight to loose & even gone from airplanes/weather & time.. Sorry to hear you are going through this! Maybe back to liquids for a spell. yuck ;0(

Sometimes the more I learn about the band the more I just don't know if I should, could or would.

Best of luck getting to the Doc & hang in there you might just surprise yourself how diciplined you can be;0)

Rica,

If I were you I might give it another week and see if your restriction returns. I too have gone through periods where I tend to be a lot tighter than others.

I plan to go to Dallas in May also, so hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at the bash :)

My local doctor here charges $250.00 for a fill (higher for the first visit) and then I pay the hospital $150.00 for the use of xray machine/room (Flouro). So $250.00 sounds reasonable to me.

Bushbaby..I know Dr. Ortiz does fill on other bands. I have met other women in his office who were coming in for their first fill with the mid band, they could not find a Dr. to do their fills in the US and they had theis surgery in another country like Belgium and Costa Rica Give him a call if not maybe he can tell you of a doctr in Mexico who will. I'm pretty confident he can help you, if anything put you under the fluoro machine to check your band.Losing restriction is a scary feeling. Im the kind of person who would go and see what was up, it is better to be safe then sorry, I could not wait a week, I would go crazy. I hope you find an answer or restriction returns soon.

May, OMG, I'd be freakn too. Heck if I got a fill now, I'd still need another fill in May. I'd try to work one in somewhere, somehow. Good luck finding that fill.

Thanks Michelle I will call Dr. Ortiz. I am not as hungry today but still I think I can eat all I want so I will be on the super careful side. Tricia, I can't wait to meet you. I have never had this happen to me before my band is very sensitive. I was wondering however if the fact that my asthma has been bothering me is doing something to it? I had a full blown attack on Sat. maybe the band was trying to tell me something?...Who knows. As for my Knees! :) that is the bright spot in my life. I can dance and run and everything I couldn't do before. "I'll suceed please don't take my little stress and consider not doing this...this has saved my life. I am worried for the loss of course but I know it is something that can be fixed. I just have never experienced this before. So think hard before you change your mind!