Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and welcome suggestions

Hello AZ Peeps!

I have a consult with Dr. Debarros in Tempe on 2/28. I am excited and pray that insurance will cover WLS. Any advise or suggestions?:biggrin2:

Welcome! I live in the west valley. My friends mom had surgery with Debarros. My insurance wouldn't cover it so I had to go to Mexico. Hopefully your insurance will cover it! Good luck! ;)

Hi KayBee!

I think I know how you feel. My insurance didn't cover WLS at all. What a frustration! Nonetheless, I went to Dr. DeBarros and he has been wonderful. They have a good team there. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck at your appt. I have my fingers crossed for you that your insurance will cover your lap-band. It truly is a life changing experience.

Well... they are confident that insurance will pay. I may need to do a 3 or 6 month diet and ex. My husband and I were hoping for a 1or2K investment, thinking that 4or5k would be a reach but we could do it. The numbers on the high end came in that we would pay 6.5-7k. Yikes! Just enough to be out of our total max. So we have spent the last week trying to see how we could save money. My hubby is very supportive in all of this. Yeah! My parents (mom had g bi pass 12/26/07 down 60lbs) said they would help pay. What I am realizing is that WLIA is a great program and they have all the extras that will help you sucseed. However you pay for this. We discussed that it doesnt make any since to find a cheeper or less of a program. That just sound so silly. So I have an appt tomorrow to move forward. I am going to try and do my blood work and phsyc eval outside of the office. This could save us $450. I just hope this isnt a mistake. I just hope and pray that we get good advise. So I am hopeful and excited regarding the future. Looking fwd to my appointment in the morning. thanks for keeping up with me.

good luck. i hope all goes well. ive heard good things about this doc. i didnt want to wait or deal with the insurance, so i went to mexico. but i wish i was closer to my doctor. its good you will have support so close by.

I had an insurance nightmare, but they did cover it in the end. Thank you Aetna. WLIA know how to deal with insurance companies and they will do all they can for you. You are in good hands. I had been with True Results first and they had no clue or a follow up program and just very unorganized. I am so happy I found WLIA.

Good Luck getting approved, its a long journey, be patient.

Panda,

Congrats on getting banded! It looks like it's only been a few days. How are you recovering?

I'm feeling so much better. I only take the pain meds once a day. I went to see the WLIA Exercise Trainer yesterday and gave me some very do-able exercises that I think I can stick to and actually have fun with. Been walking daily, but going stir crazy being in the house most of the day. I go back to work tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I love all the support here! Thank You!

I'm feeling so much better. I only take the pain meds once a day. I went to see the WLIA Exercise Trainer yesterday and gave me some very do-able exercises that I think I can stick to and actually have fun with. Been walking daily, but going stir crazy being in the house most of the day. I go back to work tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I love all the support here! Thank You!

Let me get this right: You had surgery on 3-6-08 and already met with the exercise guy! Wow! I am impressed.:smile2:

If you ever need a walking buddy, let me know. I'm in Gilbert. We also have groups of people all around the valley, so I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly somewhere! If possible, try to meet up with us at one of the Saturday support groups.

I hope your first day back at work goes smoothly. Those can be tough!

Take care!

Well... they are confident that insurance will pay. I may need to do a 3 or 6 month diet and ex. My husband and I were hoping for a 1or2K investment, thinking that 4or5k would be a reach but we could do it. The numbers on the high end came in that we would pay 6.5-7k. Yikes! Just enough to be out of our total max. So we have spent the last week trying to see how we could save money. My hubby is very supportive in all of this. Yeah! My parents (mom had g bi pass 12/26/07 down 60lbs) said they would help pay. What I am realizing is that WLIA is a great program and they have all the extras that will help you sucseed. However you pay for this. We discussed that it doesnt make any since to find a cheeper or less of a program. That just sound so silly. So I have an appt tomorrow to move forward. I am going to try and do my blood work and phsyc eval outside of the office. This could save us $450. I just hope this isnt a mistake. I just hope and pray that we get good advise. So I am hopeful and excited regarding the future. Looking fwd to my appointment in the morning. thanks for keeping up with me.

KayBee,

Thinking of you and wishing you a quick insurance approval! :biggrin2:

We are wrapping up the last few things and then we will send everything off to insurance. It should all go off this week. Thanks for the encouragement. What Saturdays do you meet and where?

Hi KayBee! Good luck w/ the insurance process.

We met every 2nd Saturday of the month in room 208 of the medical office building. Our next meeting is April 12 at 1pm. Hope to see you there!

Just thought Id give you a quick update. In 2006 I only saw the doctor one time and they documented my weight inaccurately. 198lbs. I havent been under 200lbs since the mid 80's. Soooo. My doctor is sending a letter stating that it was a miss-print but they cant change it. I have search all other doctors. GYN, Orthopedic Surgyn...no go. However a nurse at the ortho said to contact the hospital because they weigh you the day of surgery. Yeah I say...so now I will hunt down the surgery records. Then we should be off to insurance.

Hi KayBee.... I was wondering how it was going; thanks for the update. I'm sorry about the docs mix-up documenting your weight. Who knew this would come back to haunt? Good luck tracking down your surgery records and here's to a quick approval.