Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No More Chicken for Me!

I don't know how chicken works for everyone else, but I am done with it. I can't get it to go down. This is very frustrating as chicken is my favorite Protein and I have really been trying not to eat beef.

The last three times I have had chicken (prepared 3 different ways) I have pb'd and I DO NOT LIKE going on liquids!

What is everyone else's experience with chicken?

I've never had a problem with chicken, in fact, I've never pb'ed on anything. I ate half of a chicken breast tonight with no problem and I'm pretty tight right now. Since my last fill, I have to take much smaller bites and chew it even more, but can still get it down okay. It may just be one of those foods you can't tolerate.

Have you tried canned chicken? It's pretty soft, so it might work for you? I haven't been a canned meat fan until now. I've gotten pretty creative with flavoring canned chicken up. Sorry you have to go on liquids. Is chicken the only think you pb on?

chicken is EVIL in my world!

I have been trying to eat more turkey, lamb and fish.

I found that I can tolerate chicken better if it is ground.

Whole Foods makes fresh sausage in their meat market daily out of all types of meat... lamb, pork, turkey, chicken, etc.

They have hundreds of flavors, and I find that they are easier to eat because they are finely ground. I just do not eat the casing.

I have not had as good of luck with "packaged" sausages, but the fresh ones seem to work good for me ;)

chicken is the only thing that I consistently pb on. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to really get myself to the point of eating slowly and chewing well. I always pay, but I have been doing better, just chicken in the last month.

I am not a canned meat fan at all, in fact it makes me gag when I open it up. I might try grinding it up before I put it in recipes.

I am not a canned meat fan at all, in fact it makes me gag when I open it up. I might try grinding it up before I put it in recipes.

The funny thing is, I used be that way before I was banded. I hated the smell of it and would often gag too! I don't know what has changed, but it doesn't bother me now. I decided I would give it another try and I actually like it. I've been mixing it with a little spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese, my 2 year old son loves it too! I also sometimes mix it with a little pesto and parmesan. I've been trying a lot of new things lately........getting banded has definitely changed my tastes somehow!

I cannot eat breast meat at all... but dark meat goes down much easier. I use boneless thigh meat in my dishes and you would be amazed how much easier it goes down.

I've been eating these stuffed chicken breast by Sam's choice from Walmart, and they are sooo tender. I have no problem getting them down. They come in like 4 different flavors and they are very figure friendly. Might be worth a try?