Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A weird feeling inside.

How weird does the port feel? It looks kinda big. When you lose weight, can you see it or is it deep enough in the muscle tissue? March 21st approaches soon. I cant wait but am still nervous. THANKS to all who post here! All of you who continue to post really help us newbies out, and i will continue the tradition as much as possible. Thanks again.

Some people have the port repositioned or a flatter profile port installed when they near goal. Mine, unfortunately, is still well hidden in my belly.

My surgeon commented that I had very little belly fat when he first saw me. Because of that I requested a low profile port. I knew the first place I would lose would be my stomach. When I lie on my back there is a small lump where the port is. I can put my hand flat on my abdomen just below my breastbone and only have to barely push to feel it. No big deal at all. It's just a part of me now. I never give a thought about it.

I look at my port.. and it's a bump on my belly.

I think of it as my "badge of Courage". It's also a reminder of my goal. Besides.. i will NEVER bear my belly in public! *eeewwww gross!*

My port isn't noticeable at all. I don't even really think about it. Right after surgery it seemed more prominent and had a lot of swelling around it and felt huge. Now the swelling has gone down and I have to work pretty hard to feel it. The port area is the most painful area after surgery - the port is sewn to your stomach muscle and you feel it for quite a while (nothing unbearable, you just have a kind of constant reminder of it's presence but it isn't due to its size, it is more due to the fact that it is sewn to your muscle and kind of hurts) I was kind of weirded out before surgery, not knowing how it was going to be with that foreign body inside me but honestly it is not something I even remember half the time.

About a month after surgery, my port incision and around my port got really itchy.

It's fine now... But for a while there.. I seemed to have my hand in my shirt all the time.. scratchin'~! :lol:

My surgeon used a low profile port---and it is still well into the muscle, I can feel it by pushing lightly, but no one else would notice.

Kat

do the fills hurt much? ive seen the size of the needle and its kinda scary!

My last meeting with the surgeon is tomorrow. Ive been on a liquid diet, to help initiate rapid weight loss, and to help shrink the size of my liver. It seems to be working, even with my cheating here and there:redface:.