Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel so Lucky---March 17th - St. Patrick's Day

My surgery was on 3-17-08. I've lost about 16 pounds, 13 of which were during the first two weeks as well. I had two weeks of liquid, 2 weeks of soft foods and now I'm starting solids. I don't know, I was hoping for more but then I remind myself that losing anything is better than nothing. My first fill will be 5/9/08. Can't wait, that's for sure. I seem to have no restriction of any kind even though I got 3 CC's at surgery. I'm not as hungry as I was on liquids. I think even though we know we should lose 1-2 pounds a week, we secretly hope it will be more like 3-4 pounds. Good luck to everyone and take care!!!

I am also on the march 17th club. Looking foreward to my May 14th fill. No restrictions but every once in a while if I eat too fast I almost get backed up. Funny it usually happens with yogurt...:redface::biggrin::hurt:

I am scheduled for my 1st fill on April 29th and I truly need it. I am getting hungrier and hungrier trying to stick to 1200-1400 calories a day and that sounds like a huge amount compared to the post surgery weeks when I could easy do 800-1000 or even less. I am really active and feel great so its nothing physical other than just hunger. I am trying to watch portion size but its definitely not just 1/2 cup for me at this point, closer to 1 cup and even 1.5 cups but I'm making it high Protein choices and limiting carbs so I feel what I'm doing is Healthy Eating which is my ultimate goal - getting healthy and staying there!

SpecialK,

I was in the same boat. Totally starving. I was banded on 3/17/08 and my first fill was scheduled for 5/9/08. I called last week and played the "I am eating way too much and afraid I'll stretch my pouch card" and they gave me my first fill last Friday, 4/18/08. Wow, what a difference! I've lost 4 lbs since then. I can still eat salads and Protein well, but the few crackers I was eating, I can no longer tolerate. I got 3cc's at surgery and 1cc last week. I begged for 1.5cc's but am so glad I only got 1cc. I am not near as hungry or able to eat that 1.5 to 2 cups of salad, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. So I hope your first fill is soon... Also, ironically, SpecialK is what my nickname is at work. It's due to my last name. I guess you can figure out that one is! Take care!:redface:

Hello

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I am noticing my eating habits are changing and I feel more hunger now. I get my first fill on three weeks, but I am teaching myself control and what's good for me and my body. Best

I thought I'd post on my original thread where I was so happy about being a March 17th St. Patrick's Day band surgery date person and let you know I've lost 31 total lbs as of today and I'm thrilled. I see it go very slow at times and then I can tell in my clothes more than on the scale so for all of you lucky shamrocks! Keep on working the tool!

:woot:

I just had my first fill. The Dr. tried a little too much and I couldn't swallow Water, so he took some out. Now I'm a little sorry because it seems like I can eat anything. I don't feel as full as I hoped.

I've lost 30 pounds, and that's great. Even when I don't eat well, I certainly eat a lot less.

I need to get back on track.