Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is a PB? Tell me EVERYTHING!

Some people are BLESSED with these bizarre (what they call) "soft stops", kindof a little tap on the shoulder letting you know you're just about at your limit. Everything from hiccuping, sneezing, runny nose, all kinds of funny things. It apprently has to do with the "vagus nerve" reacting in the body. I have also heard that there are clinical trials going on with on placement of an electrode to stimulate the vagus nerve in trying to lose weight. The body is an amazing machine, I tell ya! Anyway, I wish I had a soft stop I could count on. Sometimes I just don't listen to my body and then I am overstuffed and PB or are miserable for an hour or so or whatever.

I'm sorry this is kind of gross...so if you are queasy, stop reading now...Had a second episode of PB'ing last night and it was significantly worse than the first episode that I mentioned in my earlier post. I took a bite of meatloaf, which had been reheated so was a little dry.I immediately knew something was wrong. It hurt like heck. I mean, I was a miserable person for about twenty minutes. I couldn't stand the pain so I was walking around my house and my dog was following me because he could tell something was wrong and I couldn't even talk. I started sliming and was contorting into all these different positions trying to get relief (nothing worked) and then suddenly with no warning I projectile PB'd (sorry so graphic but you asked) and out it flew all over the floor and I felt a little better after that, but still pretty gross and went into the bathroom and about 5 minutes later it happened again. Really painful, (not the actual PB, but the time leading up to it - the PB actually helped the pain) Note to self: Be really careful when eating in a restaurant as this was bad enough at home but would be really awful in public!!! I had a fill on Tuesday and am wondering if I will loosen up a bit...but am enjoying the quicker weight loss from this restriction. I just have to be really careful and it doesn't happen.

Thank God I havnt had a PB, I've had a slippage and that is about it. Does anyone burp often? I find myself burping a lot after I eat. I don't burp loud, but still I find it embarrassing.

Thank God I havnt had a PB, I've had a slippage and that is about it. Does anyone burp often? I find myself burping a lot after I eat. I don't burp loud, but still I find it embarrassing.

How do you know that the band has slipped?

I would think a slippage would be worse than a PB.

Oh, you bet that it is worst. It was really painful to the point that I asked the doctor to take band off. He didnt, he said that my symptoms were not normal. They did an x-ray and that is how they saw that my stomach was hanging to both sides with the band in the middle. It was terrible. I had never experienced such pain. Not only did I have to deal with the pain, but dehydration as well. 2 times, all this in 5 days. :smile2:

I can never heat any food reheated, unless it's Soup. It just gets too dry. Don't stress, you PB incident sounds similar to a few of mine. Some times it comes up easy, sometimes it doesn't. Try taking some small sips of a warm liquid (I drink tea) I mean REALLY SMALL....to help relieve some of the chest pressure when it gets that bad.

I'm sorry this is kind of gross...so if you are queasy, stop reading now...Had a second episode of PB'ing last night and it was significantly worse than the first episode that I mentioned in my earlier post. I took a bite of meatloaf, which had been reheated so was a little dry.I immediately knew something was wrong. It hurt like heck. I mean, I was a miserable person for about twenty minutes. I couldn't stand the pain so I was walking around my house and my dog was following me because he could tell something was wrong and I couldn't even talk. I started sliming and was contorting into all these different positions trying to get relief (nothing worked) and then suddenly with no warning I projectile PB'd (sorry so graphic but you asked) and out it flew all over the floor and I felt a little better after that, but still pretty gross and went into the bathroom and about 5 minutes later it happened again. Really painful, (not the actual PB, but the time leading up to it - the PB actually helped the pain) Note to self: Be really careful when eating in a restaurant as this was bad enough at home but would be really awful in public!!! I had a fill on Tuesday and am wondering if I will loosen up a bit...but am enjoying the quicker weight loss from this restriction. I just have to be really careful and it doesn't happen.

I've PB'ed three times. The first time it was a meal where I only had three small bites, but it was a rich meat and potatoes dish. The other two times was on a business trip. Ate band friendly food in my room and went down later for coffee with the group. There was something in the coffee both mornings that made me lose my Breakfast

When you get stuck -- How long after you swallow something do you feel the actual pain in your chest? I've heard a lot of people say that as soon as they swallow they know something is going to get stuck, but I haven't heard how long it takes before the pain kicks in.

i know almost immediatley that the pb is going to happen. rather thatn deal with the pain i'll go in the bathroom, take a couple gulps of Water and let the stuff come back up. immediate pain relief.