Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your fav breakfast, lunch and dinner now that you are banded?

I am in a little rut with my meals these days. I would love to get some ideas, and hear what everyone's favorite meals are. Here are my most frequent meals:

B - Scrambled egg w/ cheddar and a little scallion OR

Greek non fat yogurt w/ mashed banana & handful high Protein flax Cereal, crushed (for some crunch)

L - Egg salad, salmon salad or tuna salad on cucumber rounds

Grilled chicken salad

D - chicken meatball and a small salad

Small breaded chicken cutlet and small salad

Mashed up baked potato w/ cottage cheese

S - Skim ricotta w/ cocoa powder and 1 Splenda

String cheese

I would have to say my altime favorite meal since receiving the band has been: Flower drop Soup

1/4 cup chicken broth (I use veggie)

warmed then mix in 2 well beaten eggs stirring constantly to give the right texture. Enjoy!

It has been my favorite meal when I am tight.

Hi:

I am in a rut too. I can't wait to see everyone's responses.

I still love having instant oatmeal or cream of wheat for Breakfast. Doesn't get any easier than boiling Water.

I love having a half of a porkchop and veggie for supper, or Smart One's chicken broccoli ziti - yum!

Those are my favorites right now.

Sue

Breakfast - 3 oz 1% cottage cheese mixed with 2oz (half of a 4-oz Dannon Activia yogurt - favorites are vanilla or blueberry) sprinkled with half an ounce of Kashi Good Friends high Fiber Cereal. Yummy!!! 161 cal, 4gms Fiber, 14 grams. Sooooper fast.

lunch - One 3 oz packet tuna, 1Tbs low fat mayo, half an ounce of feta all mixed together. Eat on 1 ounce of "food should taste good" multigrain chips (from Costco). 311 cal, 3 gms fiber, 27 gms protien.

Favorite snack - low sodium V8, or half an apple sprinked with cinnamon. Also love Laughing Cow cheese lite wedges (35 cals each!!!).

My favorites are

Breakfast- Fage Greek 0% yogurt with a tablespoon of honey

Lunch- packet of albacore tuna with strawberries

Snack- I'm addicted to Land O'lakes little blocks of cheese (80 calories), or a handful of nuts

Breakfast for me constist of a shake (due to the medicines I still have to take)

Lunch: sm packet of tuna with mustard and dill pickle relish (no bread/crackers/or type of products)

Dinner: beef stew (cooked in the crockpot) with zuccinie and diced tomatoes

I need more ideas... I need a change from tuna. lunch is the hard part for me.

Can you tell me what Greek Yogurt is like? Please compare it to regular yogurt. Consistency? Calories? Fat?

I've seen a few people post that they eat Greek Yogurt and I have no clue and haven't noticed it in the grocery store.

Thanks.

Sue

Sue,

I buy the Fage brand greek yogurt at my local natural foods store. I buy the 0% kind.

Heres the stats for a 1 cup serving:

Calories-120

Fat- 0 grams

Protein- 20 grams

Carbs- 9 grams ( all sugars, no fiber)

I would compare the consistency to sour cream. Its thick and really, really smooth. I don't really like to eat it alone, I like to put a little honey, fruit, or granola with it.

Hope this helps!!

Nikki:

Thanks. I don't have a natural foods store nearby, but I'll check in the natural foods section of my supermarket.

Sounds like it would be yummy with fruit, honey, and/or granola mixed in.

It sure is full of Protein.

Sue

There is also Chobani, and both that and Fage are sold in Shoprite here in NYC, its so good that you won't ever want to eat regular yogurt again. 0% fat tastes so good that you keep looking at the label because its so rich you feel guilty eating it. I get it with the fruit in it already. Costs about $1.59 for an 8oz cup, but is worth it.

Sue,

I buy the Fage brand greek yogurt at my local natural foods store. I buy the 0% kind.

Heres the stats for a 1 cup serving:

Calories-120

Fat- 0 grams

Protein- 20 grams

Carbs- 9 grams ( all sugars, no fiber)

I would compare the consistency to sour cream. Its thick and really, really smooth. I don't really like to eat it alone, I like to put a little honey, fruit, or granola with it.

Hope this helps!!

Wow! Look at the Protein in that! I will have to do some scoping out of some of the stores around here to see if I can pick some up. I'm in no rush however as during my post-op diet stages I found like two things I liked and stuck to them the entire period so for full liquids all I ate was yogurt and pudding for like 10 days haha, so I'm not rushing out to buy either any time soon :)

I made a quiche last night for breakfasts for the next few days. no crust...just eqqs, bisquick, cheese and mushrooms. It's amazing. I just need a small piece.

Snack: Cappucino Protein shake

My favorite lunch is when I splurge and grab sushi at the grocery store. I eat half the rice.

dinner I've been eating what my family eats, just less.

I haven't had my first fill yet, so that might change after I start to have restriction.