Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

moving your port site

Hi Ladies;

Just thought I'd pop by to let you know that my Tubing and port replacement surgery went well on Frid. 15 mins. There were 2 nicks in my tubing, all of my fills had been done by the same nurse. With the exception of the 3 fluro fills done by Dr. Yau himself.

I am healing o.k. and my new port is 1 1/2 " to the left of the previous one.. Bruised like hell, but I'm happy its behind me and I can now start losing weight.

Hi Ladies;

Just thought I'd pop by to let you know that my Tubing and port replacement surgery went well on Frid. 15 mins. There were 2 nicks in my tubing, all of my fills had been done by the same nurse. With the exception of the 3 fluro fills done by Dr. Yau himself.

I am healing o.k. and my new port is 1 1/2 " to the left of the previous one.. Bruised like hell, but I'm happy its behind me and I can now start losing weight.

Peaches,

speedy recovery and good luck, Dr Yau is great with bands!

Heather

Hi Everyone: Just advised by Jill that her new CEO and her will be going out into the wilderness and setting up fill and support people. At long last the long distance patients will soon be getting some contact other than telephone or long flights. Yahoo! Check their website if you are a patient of theirs for the announcement. Doddie

Susieq321:

Where exactly is your lower abdominal port?

How big are the ports?

Are they not stitched in place?

Edited by *Love*

Susieq321:

Where exactly is your lower abdominal port?

How big are the ports?

Are they not stitched in place?

There are two port placements and sternum and abdominal the sternum is right between the place where the ribs meet and the abdominal is on the left or right side of the lower ribs. The ports are nestled in place and some surgeons stitch them and most don't stitch tightly or too tight if they use stitches. The port has to be able to move with your body as you lose weight as your skin shifts and your fat layer shifts the port has to be able to shift too. If it is stitched it can't move or the stitches may tear if enough pressure is put on the port. (remember your body exerts a lot of pressure from muscles etc)

So a port flipping or moving as you lose weight is not uncommon with the abdominal placement it can flip under the ribs as you lose weight. The other thing is as you lose weight it sticks out a little more or it may become uncomfy to sleep on a stomach or just not in a place you are comfy with it being. So sometimes ports need to be repositioned or moved.

Personally I would only go with a abdominal placement because on me it is more hidden and comfy.

Heather

I am hoping to have my port put under a small tattoo I have in my bikini area. I figure this will make it really easy to find for filling. :lol:

Has anyone else done this?

I am hoping to have my port put under a small tattoo I have in my bikini area. I figure this will make it really easy to find for filling. :biggrin:

Has anyone else done this?

Remember as you lose the skin moves and gets loser etc and the port is more in the rib cage area good luck though

Heather

Kathy suggested that they could put it in my bikini area. I hope that is true.

I'm amazed when i read all the places that people's ports are! I got mine put just an inch under my belly button and I'm happy with it there. It won't ever see the light of day and doesn't bother me with clothes etc. I wasn't asked where i wanted it, and never realised people had them in different places.

Why do you think he puts them all over the place if he has the choice?

Mary

Kathy suggested that they could put it in my bikini area. I hope that is true.

Kathy works there and has seen it all if she tells you it can go there it can go there... but keep in mind that we end up with stretched skin etc so the tattoo may not look as pretty in the future as it does when you start and there is also an incision scar pretty close if not right over the port too so I have not one tattoo and I have no idea how scar lines etc would affect them.

God luck it is kinda cute idea if I was into tattooing.

Heather