Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-fill bloating - ugh!

Hey gang,

I have a question. Do any of you get really gassy and bloaty the week after your fill? I feel like you could poke me with a pin and I'd go zipping around the room like a balloon!

I always stick with liquids for at least 24 hours, but I'm wondering if I should go longer and let my stomach rest a bit. I had my fill Monday and I'm still all bloated!

I haven't had anything like that, but I have only had 2 fills. On the last one the only thing I had was a baseball sized bruise over my port because I have so much scar tissue. If you are okay with staying on liquids it wouldn't hurt. Have you tried the gas-x strips? I know that most people swore by them after surgery. They never did anything for me, but that doesn't mean they won't help you!

Let us know if you find anything, and becareful if you zip around the room. Make sure not to let anyone be near you witha pin if you don't have your helmet on!

Ouch - that bruise sounds painful! What kind of needle are they using?! I get a teeny one right around the stick area sometimes (didn't this time), but nothing that big!

I use chewable gas meds. They're the same active ingredient as the strips and a LOT cheaper than the strips (they're a bit of a gimmick).

I'm keeping the portions smaller so my tummy can have a break. I think i'm a tad constipated right now too (I know - thanks for sharing?!), which might be part of it, so I got some wholegrain and veg in with my last couple of meals to help with that part.

On the bright side, it does leave me feeling full all the time!

Believe me the Constipation issue is a huge one for me right now. I think I acutally pulled a muscle last night. See I can share unwanted info too:biggrin2:. They are using a small needle but it always slips off the port because I have soooooo much scar tissue built up around the port. I am really not looking forward to my next fill because of that, but I desperately need one. I don't know that I have any restriction right now. Just in the last week or so my restriction has gone out the window!!!!

pulling a muscle - ouch! I hear you. I made a point of getting more veggies in hoping that will get things rolling soon. I eat so little else besides Protein that it can get mighty slow down there!

I lay in bed at night and hear a gurgle and then have to figure out if it's me or the dog. It's amazing what can entertain you in the middle of winter!