Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Howdy from San Antonio!!

My surgery date is 3/28/08. I am excited and scared at the same time. I look forward to getting to know others who can offer advice and support on my journey to obtaining a healthy weight. I know this is a life style change that will enable me to have more energy so that I can get back out on my bike and enjoy riding again.

Unfortunately, I did not qualify to have my insurance cover the procedure. My BMI is at 35 and I have no significant weight related health issues. Therefore, I have decided to have this procedure done and take charge of my weight now, before it gets any worse.

It's good to know there is a forum like this available to get advice along the way!! :)

Hi and welcome to LBT! I think it is great that you are getting the surgery done now. Congratulations on getting your date. If you have any questions, let us know.

My insurance didn't cover it either. I'm like you and decided it was worth it to have a healthier me. Good luck on your surgery!

Hi, I'm in San Antonio too. I know what you mean about taking control now. I weigh 242 and have a BMI of 39.1, I know a year from now I'll be at least 265 so I want to nip this cycle in the bud NOW!

What Dr. are you seeing? I'm with Dr. Cavazos and am having my surgery at NE Baptist.

P.S. Was it hot enough for you today, lol ? It does not feel like Feb. at all. :thumbup:

Hi I Am Also From Tx And Planning On Having My Surgery And Also Self Pay, Just Curious How Much Is You Procedure Going To Be?

Sorry guys, I am just now realizing that I have posts on my thread!! I have been on the board looking at other areas and just noticed an email in my spam folder that I had replies. Woo Hoo!! LOL

Susan4794: Thanks for the welcome!!

AllyKat: Hey, it's nice to meet another allykat on here. How was your surgery and have you been doing well post surgery? I want to be as prepared as much as possible.

Ronwifey: My surgeon is Dr. Gonzalez, he is with True Results off of Data Point. How do you like Dr. Cavazos? You are right about the weather here in San Antonio. One day we have the air conditioner on and the next day it's the heater!!

MrCerino: The cost for my procedure is $15,000 and it includes a year's worth of fills and follow-up support. I have been looking into lower cost surgery offers and I am still doing my homework. I found a couple of doctor's in Dallas who are offering a special price of $9950 for the surgery. I think one of those includes 3 months worth of fills and $15 for each fill afterwards. The doctors are Dr. Wade Barker and James Davidson. I also found a doctor in San Antonio who charges $12,000 named Jorge Rincon.

Does anybody else have information on doctors in San Antonio and prices? There are alot of factors to consider when comparing prices.

I found this interesting website which offers feedback on the bariatric surgeons. There is a wealth of information on this website.

Find a Professional