Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

Kendra,

Just wanted you to know I am still thinking of you and keeping you on my prayer chain.

Let me know if you need any additional visitors when you are in Houston and I will be there.

Bobbi

Hi Kendra,

I am just checking in to see how you are doing? I hope you hear from MDA soon. Are we going to have to use our boots and spurs on them too. I live in the Houston area so let me know if I can do anything to help.

Take care,

Jill

So good to hear you're feeling better Kendra. And smart one you are, making a plan, so you don't get overtired and can handle things better.

Nice photo, from the head shot i would never guess you need to lose a single pound. Now me, I show lots of my weight in my face, I packed those pounds on a short frame!

Red cowboy boots on and kicking!

Hi, shortgal: Thanks! That picture was taken about six weeks after my surgery. I don't tend to gain too much in my face. It's mostly in my hips, thighs, and stomach. In fact, the last time I lost weight, people started saying I looked too thin but I think it was because my face and neck started looking so scrawny. :tt2:

Kendra:

So glad the news on the cysts was good! I remember the Radiation treatmnets that my son got and how it took a toll on him. So be sure to rest, I agree with everyone else you are an amazing teacher and a wonderful friend. You are a fighter and that is so apparent. I know that you will be a winner in this fight as well as your WeightLoss fight. All of our prayers our working and they will not stop, they go out daily here in Peoria....LOL

Hugz Lady!!:lol:

Hi, Kristin! I'm learning to rest "in advance." It makes me feel lazy but I don't want to get overtired. Today I went grocery shopping and ran a couple of errands. I don't feel that tired but my abdomen started aching a little more. I guess it doesn't care much for gravity. :lol:

I know you will stop on top of it , your good about that stuff.

Of course it would be so easy to do it while your out of school. But people cant make things easy on anyone can they ? I hope you hear some news soon !

MIndy

Apparently, my oncologist is at a conference this week along with most MDA doctors. They may be discussing my case in person. The nurse said my file is on her desk. I've called twice. All I can do is wait. I'm finding out that cancer is all about waiting.

boots.jpg

Kickin' the crap out of your cancer!!!!

Those look like good ones! I think I'm going to get me some boots, though I may pass on the spurs. :tongue2: Thanks!

You sound like you've got things under control Kendra... whatever helps you get through it. Hope you hear from MD Anderson soon. :lol: You are still in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Thanks, Sades! I'll let y'all know. I was hoping I'd get down there this week so I don't have to cancel classes but I'll do what I have to do.

I say it's time to bang a shoe (or a boot, better yet) on the table over at MD Anderson. I like what Coltonwade said about being pushy - you need to be an advocate for yourself with the health people, or get someone else who can run interference for you. Thinking about you often - is there any chance of me getting to see you while I'm in San Antonio? (May 8 - 10) I hope we can at least talk on the phone then.

-Bandpal

http://www.russiablog.org/Krushchev-boot.jpg

San Antonio is about an hour and a half south of Austin. PM me and I'll give you my phone number in case you have time to call. Thanks! :lol:

Kendra,

Just wanted you to know I am still thinking of you and keeping you on my prayer chain.

Let me know if you need any additional visitors when you are in Houston and I will be there.

Bobbi

I truly appreciate the offer! Thanks so much for thinking of me! :drool:

Hi Kendra,

I am just checking in to see how you are doing? I hope you hear from MDA soon. Are we going to have to use our boots and spurs on them too. I live in the Houston area so let me know if I can do anything to help.

Take care,

Jill

Wow, we have so many Texans in the NNs! My mother lives out in Spring (Cypresswood) and I graduated from Klein High School many years ago (when there was just one 3A high school.)

Thanks for thinking of me Jill. I'm hanging in there! :biggrin2:

Apparently, my oncologist is at a conference this week along with most MDA doctors. They may be discussing my case in person. The nurse said my file is on her desk. I've called twice. All I can do is wait. I'm finding out that cancer is all about waiting.

Oh that is AWESOME , I hope they are discussing your case that's even better. ! Just let me know if you need anything! I keep thinking your in class this week ! OH im registering for the LiveStrong 5K Walk Run in Honor of YOU this October:biggrin:. My goal is to RUN it but im going to be happy if i Walk it LOL Just saw the details today on the LAF.org Site.

Hope your well !

Mindy

Oh, gees. I've been gone from the board for way too long. :rolleyes: I felt my stomach drop to the floor when I read your post from the 3rd, Kendra. I had to catch up through the posts. I am really saddened to hear about all you're dealing with. I couldn't even imagine. You are so strong.

I am jumping and kicking all over that tumor! It has no chance! I am sending the strongest most vibrant healing light to you that I can muster. If you don't mind, I think I'll get one of those LiveStrong bracelets and wear it for you so that whenever I have a down moment and I touch the Bracelet, I'll remember to kick the crap out of that tumor and send you love and light to heal. My heart goes out to you, my dear.

Hi Kendra,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Glad the radiation seems to be doing it's thing. Hope you hear from MDA this week. Stay strong and keep on kicking! Love the boot.

Kendra,

I hope you are doing well. I hope you get to check in soon.

My boots are still kickin'!

Take care,

Jill

Howdy, Y'all!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately but there hasn't been much to report. I'm still waiting for an appointment to MD Anderson. Believe it or not, the delay is due to the fact that the pathologist who is supposed to write the report on my diagnosis is out of town for the week. However, another pathologist finally took a look and has decided that I don't have a uterine sarcoma but a uterine carcinoma instead. This means that they want me to go to the gynecology center rather than the sarcoma center.

I delayed my second round of radiation this week because I was told that I had to be 21 days without treatment to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, at least in the sarcoma center. I also haven't had any chemo yet. So physically, I've been feeling better since it has been more than three weeks since my last treatment.

I got a call from the patient coordinator at MDA today and she told me they are going to try to get me a preliminary appointment so that when the pathologist returns Monday, I'll be all set. So someone is supposed to call me tomorrow about that. I will feel much better when I have a firm diagnosis and a treatment plan!

I bought some cowboy boots Tuesday night after my twins, son-in-law, sister, and I went to a cancer support group meeting, which was very positive and helpful. I love my boots! These are the ones I got:

031214_38_p1_440x440.jpg

I can't believe how comfortable they are! I've worn them for two full days and they feel great! I also got a keychain that has a spur on it. So I'm kickin' and stompin' and gellin'! (My boots have gel insoles. :biggrin2:)

I got 1cc taken out today, bringing me back to 6ccs. It feels exactly right. I had lost 10 pounds in the last five weeks but I would like to maintain right now until I see what happens with my cancer treatment. We went out to eat tonight and for the first time in a long time, I had a good appetite and I didn't feel the food pass through my band. I still ate about a third of what I would have eaten before the band and I hadn't had much to eat the rest of the day so this should be a good level for now. I made an appointment for two months from now since I probably won't be getting any fills for awhile.

I appreciate the positive thoughts coming my way and I'll post when I get an appointment and whatever comes after that. Keep up the good work!

Kendra

Kendra, Im glad to see you have a preliminary appt set up so hopefully you can be seen next week ! I love the boots, I see they are Ariats ? They are SO COMFY I have a pair of them . The soles last for EVER !

Keep us updated ! I have been thinking about you , as you can see from my annoying emails LOL

Mindy

Kendra, Im glad to see you have a preliminary appt set up so hopefully you can be seen next week ! I love the boots, I see they are Ariats ? They are SO COMFY I have a pair of them . The soles last for EVER !

Keep us updated ! I have been thinking about you , as you can see from my annoying emails LOL

Mindy

Mindy: Your emails are NEVER annoying! I'm sorry I've been so out of touch -- it's just been a really exhausting couple of weeks, as you can imagine!

Yes, they are Ariats and I'm very pleased with them! It's good to know they last so long, too, cuz I intend to wear them for a very long time! :embaressed_smile:

Nice boots! Thanks for the update, always thinking of you.

What a run around you've been going through. Once you get established at MD Anderson, I think things will go more smoothly, it's getting into the system that can take time... referrals, records etc.

Sounds like you're making good band decisions as well, all seems logical and sensible, like a good math teacher!

Gosh, it's good to get an update. Glad your spirits are high and that you are feeling engaged in the process. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp!

Oh, I have a pair of Ariats, too. Love 'em. Don't the pointy toes make you feel fierce? Also, the heel of cowboy boots make a very satisfying sound when you stride through a room with hard floors. It's not a dainty mincing sound like you get from high heels, but a substantial sound that says there is a confident woman to be reckoned with who is coming through. Roar!

Edited by Foofy

Hi Kendra,

I just found your thread and read it from beginning to end . . . I wanted to let you know that I too will be thinking of you and praying for a complete healing. I am a lifelong Texan, so I have some boots honey!

My sister was treated at MDA for breast cancer and after the initial circus, it did all go alot smoother, and I'm sure it will for you too. MDA is HUGE - but you will be given a patient ID # and then there won't be anymore insanity when trying to schedule appts and tests. They will ask for that # and then whoever you are talking to on the phone will be able to access your information and connect you to the person who can help you.

I am also in the Houston area and would like to offer my help in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can help you. In the meantime, I'll be sending up my prayers.

I'm still thinking about you Kendra and sending positive energy towards you. Hope you get that appointment soon. Love the boots, I had a pair that looked very close to that in the 70s... they were very fashionable here for a couple of years. Brings back memories... :biggrin2:

Kendra it sounds like you should be getting that appointment really soon!! I love your boots they look so comfy you are right!! Glad you are feeling better and are a little stronger.

I think your idea of maintaining through chemo will be a great one......We are all here for you sweetie!! Hang in there you are doing amazing!

Hugz,