Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

Dear Kendra,

We prayed for you in our synagogue today ("Kendra Bat Geraldine" - Kendra daughter of Geraldine) and will continue to do so every Saturday until you are all better and tell us to cut it out, already. Keep in mind that this is Israel, where all calls to God are local rate. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers and with best wishes,

Bandpal

Local rate! Oh my, thanks for the great laugh!!! You have such a wonderful sense of humor! Y'all have got to keep me laughing because I understand the endorphins released are magic! :lol::biggrin::cool2::):biggrin:

Bandpal, you really are a good pal! hug.gif

Dear Kendra,

We prayed for you in our synagogue today ("Kendra Bat Geraldine" - Kendra daughter of Geraldine) and will continue to do so every Saturday until you are all better and tell us to cut it out, already. Keep in mind that this is Israel, where all calls to God are local rate. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers and with best wishes,

Bandpal

Well I would think that being in Israel the prayers would have a Shorter route to take ! how Lucky Kendra is to have everyone and to have you bandpal with a shorter route being in Isreal ! :lol:

Mindy

That was a good line! I guess I'm paying Long distance rates to send my prayers, worth every penny!

What wonderful prayers and support from everyone, it has to make a difference.

Boots on and kicking!

Hi Kendra how are you feeling ?

Any word on MD Anderson or Am i gonna have to break knee caps somewhere LOL

mindy

Great news on the cysts Kendra.

It's so nice to see your smiling face in your signature line, too. I'm glad you are feeling the love!

Keep us up to date.

Thanks, Mindy and Foofy:

No news today. I called my doctor's office and left a message but didn't get a call back. I'm feeling better as each day passes. I think the radiation is working to stop the bleeding and the pain -- that has to be a good sign!

I've been working on plans to keep working without taxing myself too much, like resting at my daughter's house between classes and reducing my grading workload in a way that works to my students' favor. I always feel better when I have a plan. I have spring break this week and go back Monday.

I bought dozens of LiveSTRONG bracelets a few years ago, wore one for a long time and gave the rest away. But I still had one left for me to wear now so I put it on today. I also visited the site, which is full of good information for cancer survivors -- and by their definition, I am one! :blushing:

I still don't have much of an appetite so I'm drinking my favorite Cappuccino SlimFast shakes and eating anything else I want, since it still doesn't add up to much. I need to keep my strength up. I'm not too worried about my weight at this point.

I'll certainly post again when I get the news about MD Anderson and what comes next!

Bye for now! :thumbup:

Kendra..

Just checking in to let you know I've been thinking of you, praying for you and spit-shining my spurs!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. You have such a wonderful committment to your students!! They're lucky to have such a caring teacher. I do a lot of volunteer work for cancer organizations. I go to a camp in Aspen twice a year that takes kids with life challenging illnesses (mostly cancer) and gets them out of their hospital environment. In the summer we go rafting, horseback riding, and camping. In the winter we go skiing, snowmobile riding, and snow tubing. It's great to see these kids "just be kids" and not have to deal with stress of their illness. I've made some deep connections with these kids and when I lost a 12 year old very close to my heart, I ran my first marathon in his honor last year and raised over $10,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. What I enjoy the most about volunteering for these organizations, is seeing the MANY people beat their cancer!! Modern medicine has come so far and I have seen it first hand save many lives. I can tell you are already beating this, Kendra. Your spirit shines through in everything you write and I just know you are going to get through this. Thank you for keeping us updated!!

LIVE STRONG!!

Amy

Thanks, Mindy and Foofy:

No news today. I called my doctor's office and left a message but didn't get a call back. I'm feeling better as each day passes. I think the radiation is working to stop the bleeding and the pain -- that has to be a good sign!

I've been working on plans to keep working without taxing myself too much, like resting at my daughter's house between classes and reducing my grading workload in a way that works to my students' favor. I always feel better when I have a plan. I have spring break this week and go back Monday.

I bought dozens of LiveSTRONG bracelets a few years ago, wore one for a long time and gave the rest away. But I still had one left for me to wear now so I put it on today. I also visited the site, which is full of good information for cancer survivors -- and by their definition, I am one! :blushing:

I still don't have much of an appetite so I'm drinking my favorite Cappuccino SlimFast shakes and eating anything else I want, since it still doesn't add up to much. I need to keep my strength up. I'm not too worried about my weight at this point.

I'll certainly post again when I get the news about MD Anderson and what comes next!

Bye for now! :thumbup:

Keep up your strength and Call your doc back again tomorrow !

Make sure they Know you have not heard from MD A .

Heck you might want to call the Lance Armstrong Foundation they might be able to help get you in there.

Let me know if you want me to make calls for you while your in school I willdo that im good at making things happen cause im PUSHY!

Mindy

Thanks for the encouragement, Amy! What you do is wonderful! A marathon?!! $10,000?!! Wow! You are amazing! I'll gladly kick and stomp with you! :tt2:

Mindy, I promise I'll stay on top of it. It would be so much better if I can get in this week while school is out. Thanks! :tongue:

So good to hear you're feeling better Kendra. And smart one you are, making a plan, so you don't get overtired and can handle things better.

Nice photo, from the head shot i would never guess you need to lose a single pound. Now me, I show lots of my weight in my face, I packed those pounds on a short frame!

Red cowboy boots on and kicking!

Kendra:

So glad the news on the cysts was good! I remember the Radiation treatmnets that my son got and how it took a toll on him. So be sure to rest, I agree with everyone else you are an amazing teacher and a wonderful friend. You are a fighter and that is so apparent. I know that you will be a winner in this fight as well as your WeightLoss fight. All of our prayers our working and they will not stop, they go out daily here in Peoria....LOL

Hugz Lady!!:tongue:

Thanks for the encouragement, Amy! What you do is wonderful! A marathon?!! $10,000?!! Wow! You are amazing! I'll gladly kick and stomp with you! :wink:

Mindy, I promise I'll stay on top of it. It would be so much better if I can get in this week while school is out. Thanks! :smile:

I know you will stop on top of it , your good about that stuff.

Of course it would be so easy to do it while your out of school. But people cant make things easy on anyone can they ? I hope you hear some news soon !

MIndy

You sound like you've got things under control Kendra... whatever helps you get through it. Hope you hear from MD Anderson soon. :smile: You are still in my thoughts and prayers. xx

I say it's time to bang a shoe (or a boot, better yet) on the table over at MD Anderson. I like what Coltonwade said about being pushy - you need to be an advocate for yourself with the health people, or get someone else who can run interference for you. Thinking about you often - is there any chance of me getting to see you while I'm in San Antonio? (May 8 - 10) I hope we can at least talk on the phone then.

-Bandpal

http://www.russiablog.org/Krushchev-boot.jpg