Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

Kendra,

I am kicking those tumors as we speak. They don't stand a chance with the November Nymphs hot on their trail. They are going down!

Big hug!

Jill

Kendra,

I am so sorry to hear about your condition but you can beat this thing!! I am in NYC and dont have any cowboy boots, but in my mind my boots and spurs and im ready for battle!! You will win!

Big hugs, positive vibes, and love coming your way

Tamika

Kendra,

My prayers are with you, I know you can beat this, you are a strong woman, and we are all behind you. Try these prayer when my endometriosis was at its worst I said these everyday, saying it gave me comfort; I hope it will do the same for you.

May God heal me,

body and soul.

May my pain cease,

May my strength increase,

May my fears be released,

May blessings, love,

and joy surround me.

Amen.

--Naomi Levy

My spirit I commit to You,

my body, too, and all I prize;

Both when I sleep

and when I wake,

You are with me;

I shall not fear.

--Courtesy of Mayyim Hayyim

Blessed are You,

Compassionate One,

For giving me

these droplets of

(name of chemotherapy drug),

Like refreshing dew

and healing rain,

may they save my life.

--Diann L. Neu

Longhorn, I just read your news. I'm sending you big, huge hugs. Can you feel them? I'm also wearing a pair of extra large cowboy boots. Count me in on the team stomp. Positive thoughts are coming your way.

I know we've never met face to face, but I know from this board what a great person you are. I love ya, girl! Keep posting, keep positive, use your cowboy boot mental imagery.

Linda

I am stunned and saddened to have come upon this thread, nearly a month old, and discover what you have been going through. I know you will face what life has brought you with the same calm, practical confidence that I have come to admire you for.

Kendra, we have a prayer for healing which we recite in our synagogue every Saturday - names are read out matrilineally. If you could tell me your mother's name, I'd love to add you name to our list and pray for you.

Love, Bandpal

I am stunned and saddened to have come upon this thread, nearly a month old, and discover what you have been going through. I know you will face what life has brought you with the same calm, practical confidence that I have come to admire you for.

Kendra, we have a prayer for healing which we recite in our synagogue every Saturday - names are read out matrilineally. If you could tell me your mother's name, I'd love to add you name to our list and pray for you.

Love, Bandpal

I am honored, Bandpal! My mother's name is Geraldine.

I just got back from the ultrasound of my breast, a follow-up to last week's routine mammogram. The masses they saw are benign cysts, the same cysts that have shown up for more than a decade. So that's one less thing to worry about. I can't believe the shot of adrenaline that gave me to get that good news!

Still waiting on the call to pack my bags and head to MD Anderson in Houston (about 3.5 hours away.) It probably won't come until Monday, though. So I'll rest up and maybe attack the stack of papers I have to grade so that I don't have to worry about it the rest of spring break.

Thanks to everyone, again, for your caring and support! It helps more than you can know! :tongue:

Kendra,

That is great news about the cysts. Keep focusing on the positive. I believe from here on out you will only get good news.

Good to hear Kendra. I'm not very religious these days but I must say I do pray to God when there's problems like this around me. I will ask that he look after you and make you healthy again.

Longhorn-

I wanted you to know that I have been praying for you. I pray that God gives you the strength you need to battle this. From your posts, I have found that you are a very strong person and that you will fight this. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy

Kendra,

We've not met but I was alerted that one of our beloved LBT members was dealing with some bad news...I wanted to come over to lend my support and prayers for your complete recovery. It appears you have a wonderful circle of friends here and I am glad for that... just like my lovely "Shrinking Violets"...I have come to rely on them for so much more than lap band support.

Just know that there are countless others who join with you in positive energy, visualization and prayer.

Also, I live in Houston and would be more than happy to help you or your family in any way I can. MD Andersen is the very best of the best. Thank God for that....you are in very good hands.

Kendra,

What a relief about the cysts. One less thing to worry about. I was thinking about you today and wondering how that sonogram went. With everything going on, I really appreciate you posting and keeping us updated. I hope you get your appointment soon and will anxiously await to hear what they have to say. Stay positive. I bet you'll hear good news from now on. I just know you will beat this thing!

Kendra, my thoughts are with you and your family. What a difficult thing you're going through. :tea:

That is wonderful news about the breast masses. I have an image of cowboy boots with very sharp spurs in my head, and will keep it uppermost in my mind as you go forward with treatment. We are ALL pulling for you!!

Longhorn--

I guess I've been out of touch and haven't been keeping up with the posts much lately. I've read thru all of the messages this morning, and I am so sorry to hear about everything that you are dealing with. I know that nothing I can say is going to make much of a difference, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!! Hang in there and your fellow bandsters will be thinking about you and sending healthy vibes your way!!

Bobbi

Kendra,

We've not met but I was alerted that one of our beloved LBT members was dealing with some bad news...I wanted to come over to lend my support and prayers for your complete recovery. It appears you have a wonderful circle of friends here and I am glad for that... just like my lovely "Shrinking Violets"...I have come to rely on them for so much more than lap band support.

Just know that there are countless others who join with you in positive energy, visualization and prayer.

Also, I live in Houston and would be more than happy to help you or your family in any way I can. MD Andersen is the very best of the best. Thank God for that....you are in very good hands.

Your offer is very much appreciated!

The November Nymphs, as well as other LBT members who have come across my thread, have been fantastically supportive! I'm so glad I found LBT because it has been so helpful for me both before and after my surgery and now with this new development.

I sometimes wonder what this would be like in the days before the internet, when people like me would have so much less information and support 24/7. The moment I'm feeling a little down, an email will appear telling me that someone has responded to my thread. Or I can continue an email chat with local friends who all went to my doctor for surgery -- we found each other through LBT. Or I can chat with my friend, Mindy (coltonwade) who I met through LBT. This board and one other (political in nature) have helped me stay strong and, for the most part, upbeat.

I'm sure there are some who would scoff at the notion of "internet friends" but they just don't know the value. When y'all tell me that you are praying or sending positive thoughts, I believe you, because I've done it myself for others. And because I believe it, it helps me. Thank you!

Kendra

Dear Kendra,

We prayed for you in our synagogue today ("Kendra Bat Geraldine" - Kendra daughter of Geraldine) and will continue to do so every Saturday until you are all better and tell us to cut it out, already. Keep in mind that this is Israel, where all calls to God are local rate. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers and with best wishes,

Bandpal