Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to deal

I wish now that I had just told my DH since he really is the one that supports me in anything I do to better my life, new job, go to school, every diet I've done in the past, ect. So I decided not to talk to those non supporters about it anymore. I even told a few of them I changed my mind just to get them off my back. DH backs my lies too, isn't he the best? One of my off the scale goals is to feel comfy enough to get some sexy undies to reward him.:biggrin:

I wish now that I had just told my DH since he really is the one that supports me in anything I do to better my life, new job, go to school, every diet I've done in the past, ect. So I decided not to talk to those non supporters about it anymore. I even told a few of them I changed my mind just to get them off my back. DH backs my lies too, isn't he the best? One of my off the scale goals is to feel comfy enough to get some sexy undies to reward him.:thumbup:

Good for you (and sounds like its good for him too!:biggrin2:)

I stated this in another thread, but for some reason, the idea of us losing weight seems to intimidate those around us, even the skinny. Seems to me that no one really wants me to succeed.

Some are afraid you wont want to hang out with them if you're thin, some don't want you thinner than them, some like having their fat jolly friend. It's a sad thing, but oftentimes people aren't truly happy when someone else has good news.

What part of VA are you from? I live in Spotsylvania and work in DC.

Boo Boo Kitty, I never noticed that "before" shot in your pics. You look AMAZING! Congrats.

I live in Caroline County in Lake Land'or (exit 110 off I95) and I work at MCB Quanitco. I used to live in Spotsy. DH graduated HS from Spotsy High.

Boo Boo Kitty, I never noticed that "before" shot in your pics. You look AMAZING! Congrats.

Thanks Suzanne.

I agree with you , some people just want to stay the skinny ones, and don't want to share the spotlight. :thumbup:

I told people thank you when they said I didn't need surgery. I guess the next would be, "you have so much confidence in me. I appreciate the support". However.....when my husband started giving me a hard time before my first fill, which is Monday, I said when he had lost all his extra weight and left off candy, colas, and beer, he could say those things. I guess I have a little shorter fuse when he gives me that LOOK.:Dancing_shocked: Oh well. He hasn't said anything else today at least.:thumbup:

I agree with all the comments here but none sticks out more than 'noone else wants you to succeed'. Is it because we would be a threat to woman kind being skinny? Is that their problem?! :thumbup:

I sincerely believe that not too many people know why this surgery is available. I believe that people don't know anything about it plus what it is like to be obese, slimmer, more obese, slim again etc. you get the idea. It's such hard work, even thinking about losing 30kg is hard work enough for me! When I was infertile, noone was able to understand what I was going through, they couldn't relate, they couldn't understand or sympathise with our plight unless they were going through it too(I have gone on to have three children thanks to fertility treatment). I believe it is the same thing. People can't sympathise/relate because they can't imagine what life is like being like us (as a group I mean). There's nothing like free pychological help like these bulleting boards - they are a fantastic support because we can all relate.

Once you make your decision, keep it to yourself unless you necessarily have to. I did, and I love the fact that I have a secret that only my hubby and one girlfriend knows. I see the scales drop, my clothes getting bigger, and I can walk around with my head held high knowing that I am succeeding and people will look up to me no matter how I got there. When I get to goal, I will probably tell people how I did it as I will be so much more informed, and able to answer any questions and more importantly be confident enough to ignore the knockers of the surgery and say things like, "hey it worked for me then it must be good"

Good luck anyway.

Christal, Just like you-I have lost the weight and gained it back and this time it will not happen-I am getting banded next Tuesday in Mexicoand am quite proud to say I have lost close to a third of what I need to lose since Jan. 8th. This time I will not gain it back, I will lose all the extra weight and I don't give a good goddamn what anyone else thinks about it-I am self-pay, so obviously I have thought this out and I don't know of anything better to spend money on than your own health! Good luck to you.

Thanks Suzanne.

I agree with you , some people just want to stay the skinny ones, and don't want to share the spotlight. :wink2:

Agreed! I have someone in my office that I got to know pretty good and quickly. Thought we had grown a frienship, which was nice. Well, just before my surgery and up until now, she can't even form two words to me anymore - even "Good Morning". I'm beginning to suspect the green demon has taken her place, especially when she looks me up and down and can't acknowledge anything.

Anyway, they will just have to deal with us divas! Beautiful on the inside, and now on the out!! :wink2: