Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my first PB today... Cool

So I also had my first fill on Tuesday 3cc in. Today at lunch I was eating something I knew I shouldn't, but it was going down ok, and then BAM the pain hit. So I stood up in the middle of the restaurant and did a little dance trying to get it to go down... Nope. I then excused myself to the restroom and walked around trying to decide what to do. I bent of the commode and nothing happened. The pain was pretty bad at this point. I walked around for another minute then felt a burp coming. i went back into the stall and almost with no effort I had my first PB. I though it was pretty cool.

Of course maybe I learned a little lesson in the process.

Haha, you're a better sport about it than I likely will be when I have my first one, but at least you learned something :tongue2:

I was at a mexican food restaurant which i should probably avoid. I was attempting to eat some Flameado or what is basically melted Monterey cheese with some chicken in it. Oh Well add that one to the list.

Okay, since I am newly banded and am new to all of this, what is a PB? I would assume by what you are saying is that your threw up, but where do those initials come in?

me too - i'm new...i think i had a PB today - tried to eat tuna about 11 days post op - I KNOW but...that will never happen again.

also - being a newbie - what is a PB:cool:

a PB stands for "Productive Burp" which is the coined term for food that is thrown up because it gets stuck and can't pass through the band's restriction. It's not real vomit, in the sense that it hasn't mixed with gastric juices. I cannot give any personal accounts of one though, luckily!

Never heard anyone refer to their PB as "cool", interesting take on it!

Thanks Redtulip for answering the PB question. Hope that I never have one, but I suppose at some point I will. As for it being cool, perhaps he is really into the scientific aspects of being banded!

thank RedTulip...i am quite sure that is what i had. not fun and for me "not cool"...guess he is a stronger person than i am because it whimped me out - i'll never do that again, at least not on purpose.

be well.

I don't imagine I would do it for fun, but what I found cool about it was its the first time I really felt the band was going to work for me. Prior to that event, it was a free for all. Also I had really been curious about exactly how the P.B. would feel and it was pretty effortless. Just up and out. not like a normal through up.

Well now we know the answer! I would agree that knowing that this band thing is working would be cool and I guess I will hold judgement on the PB until I have my first one! 8-)

Oh boy yes the PB's. I have had more than I can count for reasons I can and cant explain. One food will go down like butter one day then the next day no going down. I ALWAYS make sure I know where the bathroom is and always have a plastic cup in my car cuz it can happen anywhere anytime! You will know when its comming ...bad bad pain in the middle of your chest then the slim ( your siliva (sp?) wont go down either so you just spit your spit out until something follows or the food finally goes down. My word of advise DONT drink anything when this happens it will make it worse and this includes your own spit--gross I know but someones got to say it.

Actually JoyJoy, I am glad someone explained it to me so I know what to look out for and how to prevent it from being worse by not drinking Water. Thanks!

Yes, don't drink anything! It makes it way worse and faster. I have had quite a few also. And like said before. One day you can eat something and the next day no go! It isn't as bad as throw up. You don't taste it or anything and it comes without effort.