Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good baked fish and bandster friendly!

I made this last night and it was big hit! I'm eating it again today for lunch and it really is good.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

• 4 Talapia filets (or any type of fish you like)
  • 1/4 c. salad dressing, ranch, nonfat or lowfat
  • 3 T. yogurt, plain, nonfat or lowfat
  • 1 1/2 T. mustard
  • 1/2 lb. spinach, fresh (I used a big bag of baby spinach)
  • galic salt and various other spices to your liking (I used a little garlic and Emrils fish rub)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels and arrange in glass baking dish.
  3. Mix dressing, yogurt and mustard; spoon evenly over fish.
  4. Spice the fish up, use your favorite seasonings, doesn't take much as the Salad Dressing and mustard have some spice in them. I like to sprinkle a little of Emeril's fish rub on mine, then maybe a shake or two of the garlic salt.
  5. Bake until fish is no longer translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. (I cooked mine more like 15 - 20 min)
  6. Remove tough stems from spinach; rinse thoroughly and drain. (I didn't have to do this as I bought the baby spinach in a bag)
  7. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
  8. When skillet is hot, add spinach and stir-fry just to wilt the leaves, about 30 seconds. (I also added a little pam butter flavored to the skilley to give it a little more flavor and seasoned the spinach with a squeeze of lemon and garlic salt)
  9. Arrange spinach single layer on serving plates; top with baked fish.

Nutrition at a glance

Each Serving Provides:

amount per serving

Calories

Total Fat

2 g

Saturated Fat

0 g

Cholesterol

53 mg

Sodium

337 mg

Carbohydrates

8 g

Protein

20 g

Sunshine, any idea on how much Protein?

Thanks for asking that question. I updated the recipe, but normally 4 oz of fish have 20 grams of Protein. I used talapia - the 4 oz is raw of course, after you cook it, it usually reduces down to about 3 oz, but it is still 20 g of protein. yum!

Here's an easy one (sorry I don't have nutritional stats though):

Place catfish fillets in baking dish, squeeze on juice of 1-2 limes, sprinkle liberally with garlic powder and Zatarain's creole seasoning (it's the best!), and bake at 400F for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure to spoon juices over each fillet when serving to make it extra tasty and moist.

Even friends who don't understand why you wouldn't just fry catfish love this one! ;)