Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What level are all the Nov 07 bandsters at?

DLW, Hi. I too get a "lump" feeling if I eat too much. I called it a bubble like an air bubble is lodged. I find I have to control my portions and only eat, say a cup of food, then get up and move around. I do not get the same full feeling I did before either, but if I pay attention and give it a few minutes I am satisfied. Hey this is all a learning thing and everyday is different. Sometimes I can eat more than other days and a few foods, like almonds, only take a little bit and I am over the top wondering if it will come up. I have a 10 cc AP band and I have 4 ccs and am told they only will do 7.5 cc. I have an appointment in a week and since I live a long way from my doctor I will see about getting a .5 cc. not sure if he will do it if I have restrictions. I do best if I am restricted alot, makes me think before I put food in my mouth. Hope you find your spot. ( I too get the rumblings) Good Luck

Thanks for the reply Kathie719. It's good to hear that others have the same thing going on. I had actually gotten food stuck a couple of times. I thought I was going to die! It lasted anywhere from 20 minutes one time to 3 hours another! It was terrible. I was thinking....what the heck have I done? It sure is a learning curve. I would have told anyone for the first 3, almost 4 months to not have it done! I've adjusted since though. It's a long learning process especially for the stubborn folk like me. haha. I've learned and will continue to learn that's for sure. Chewing the food really, really well is a major key too. No more, chew, chew swallow for me! haha Thanks again for your reply. Take care and good luck to you, Dianne

I have 2.25cc's in my 4cc band. Got that fill on May 15th but haven't had one since. I have been a little tight...some meals I have problems and others I don't....this band is finicky. I have fill scheduled for 7/10 and am not sure if I am going to need it. I am going to the appt anyway but may have him just check the Fluid level and if down a bit fill it back to 2.25. Who knows....

Cindy

Well I went to Boston today for a fill appointment. Imagine my surprise when they weighed me in at 247.5lbs. I am down 111 lbs since November 6th. I was so excited. I did not see Dr. Lautz today but his PA and she was great. I liked her alot. She told me that she felt that I did not need to get a fill at this point because I had lost 16lbs in the last two months.

What really made my day was that she told me that I was at the top of the tier for weight loss with the band. I have lost 52.2% of my excess body weight and anything above 40-45% is considered good. We both felt that my success has been switching to low carb eating and adding 5 hours of Water aerobics a week.

I asked about my stomach pain and she thought that maybe it was Gastritis (SP) and told me to take Prilosec once a day before Breakfast. She said that it should clear up in a few days but that if I was still having pain when I go back next month that we would need to look into some tests. I hope it is as simple as this.

I weighed in at 247.5lbs and have 2.25cc's in my 4.0cc band. I am a happy little dudette today.

Cindy

Well I went to Boston today for a fill appointment. Imagine my surprise when they weighed me in at 247.5lbs. I am down 111 lbs since November 6th. I was so excited. I did not see Dr. Lautz today but his PA and she was great. I liked her alot. She told me that she felt that I did not need to get a fill at this point because I had lost 16lbs in the last two months.

What really made my day was that she told me that I was at the top of the tier for weight loss with the band. I have lost 52.2% of my excess body weight and anything above 40-45% is considered good. We both felt that my success has been switching to low carb eating and adding 5 hours of Water aerobics a week.

I asked about my stomach pain and she thought that maybe it was Gastritis (SP) and told me to take Prilosec once a day before Breakfast. She said that it should clear up in a few days but that if I was still having pain when I go back next month that we would need to look into some tests. I hope it is as simple as this.

I weighed in at 247.5lbs and have 2.25cc's in my 4.0cc band. I am a happy little dudette today.

Cindy

Cindy, Your weight loss has been incredible and you should be proud of yourself. Great Job.

16 pounds in 2 months after already losing 100 pounds is unbelievable!

Congratulations!!!!!! You are definately above the norm!! Your doctor will be wanting to use use as a poster child for the band.

How many calories are you eating a day?

I just had my 4th fill on Monday. The Dr. said he thought we just needed to fine tune it and gave me another .75 cc for a total of 5.65 cc's in my 10 cc band. At my previous appointment he wouldn't do an adjustment at all because I had lost 18 lbs in the 12 weeks prior to that. This time I had still lost over 15 in 12 weeks but I told him that I fallen off the wagon on vacation and was starting to be a little hungry in between meals, so he went ahead and put in a small amount. I've been on liquids all week, but I did scrambled eggs for dinner tonight to see how things would go, and I can definitely feel the difference. Hopefully once I try something a little more solid, I will have a better idea of how things are going to go, but so far, so good!! Congrats Cindy--you just sailed past that 100 lb. weight loss and have kept right on going!! You should be very proud of yourself!! I hope to join you soon!! Great job to everyone!!

well, i am down to 283 yesterday morning, for a 64 lb loss.

i am at 7.3, they put in .3 while i was thinking i wanted them to put in .5

Edited by miztrniceguy
added

Cindy, Your weight loss has been incredible and you should be proud of yourself. Great Job.

16 pounds in 2 months after already losing 100 pounds is unbelievable!

Thanks Shortgal! I am proud of myself...who would have thought that I would be this far along and loving 5 hours of Water aerobics a week. By the way, any news yet! I am still thinking great thoughts for you.

Congratulations!!!!!! You are definately above the norm!! Your doctor will be wanting to use use as a poster child for the band.

How many calories are you eating a day?

Foofy,

I don't count calories...I just eat low carb and when I am hungry. I have chosen to keep my carbs under 30 grams a day for a few weeks and then I will in more good carbs. I have found that carbs are the devil and that I will stall if I eat them. I am very choosy with what I eat now but strictly stick to Protein & veggies. I ate off low carb plan on the 4th and gained 4lbs but have lost all that and 1lb. It works for me. I won't stay so strict forever just until my next stall.

The PA was amazed at how much I have lost because it is really unheard of. I am definately not the norm for the Band but for some reason it works for me...

I just had my 4th fill on Monday. The Dr. said he thought we just needed to fine tune it and gave me another .75 cc for a total of 5.65 cc's in my 10 cc band. At my previous appointment he wouldn't do an adjustment at all because I had lost 18 lbs in the 12 weeks prior to that. This time I had still lost over 15 in 12 weeks but I told him that I fallen off the wagon on vacation and was starting to be a little hungry in between meals, so he went ahead and put in a small amount. I've been on liquids all week, but I did scrambled eggs for dinner tonight to see how things would go, and I can definitely feel the difference. Hopefully once I try something a little more solid, I will have a better idea of how things are going to go, but so far, so good!! Congrats Cindy--you just sailed past that 100 lb. weight loss and have kept right on going!! You should be very proud of yourself!! I hope to join you soon!! Great job to everyone!!

BandChick!

You are doing great too! I kind of wanted a little tweek today but she was pretty insistent on not giving me one until I am losing slower and not hungry. Somedays I am hungrier than others but for the most part I am glad I did not get it because I think that I would have trouble like I had back in May.

Keep up the great work!

Cindy

well, i am down to 283 yesterday morning, for a 64 lb loss.

i am at 7.3, they put in .3 while i was thinking i wanted them to put in .5

Great Job Dude! 64lbs is a great accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself.

Cindy

Hey Cindy, great job!! Your doing amazing! I need to get more focused. I haven't lost in a couple of weeks. I'm due for a big loss.

Hey Cindy, great job!! Your doing amazing! I need to get more focused. I haven't lost in a couple of weeks. I'm due for a big loss.

Cindy-

You can do it! I thought I was stuck in a rut about 3 weeks ago but I decided to kick start everything with eating low carb. I keep my carbs at under 30 a day. It seems to work for me...give it shot. I won't stay this low but for now...it works.

Cindy

Cindy

What an amazing achievement Cindy. You drfinitely are an inspiration to us all. I agree that the extra exercise is what is helping. I know when I was going to aqua 2-3 times a week it made a big difference to my body. Of course you have to keep it up which I didn't.