Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What level are all the Nov 07 bandsters at?

Hi!

I was banded 11/2/07 (my birthday!). I have lost a total of 60 pounds, 13 of which were lost on the week-long liquid pre-op diet. I have had 2 fills so far, which puts me at 5cc in a 10cc band. I have restriction, but not enough. I go for my next fill on Mar. 5. Hopefully that puts me at a good place, restriction-wise. My surgeon said he's never had to go above 6.5cc for any of his patients. Hopefully I will not be the exception to that rule! Best of luck to everyone!

Robin

Wow Robin! 60 Pounds is Awesome!! Congratulations!

I was surprised to hear that no one has had to go above 6.5 ccs. That's got me thinking....most of the people I have communicated with at the Center I had my procedure done at are between 8ccs and 9 ccs. I wonder what he's doing that different?? Things that make you go hmmmm. It would have been great if I could have been at full restriction by 6.5 ccs!! I would be a lot further along loss-wise than I am now..that's for sure!

There are people on here who have 7.5cc. I will be getting more next Wednesday because for me 6.5cc is not enough to stop me eating. I don't get as hungry in between meals and I'm satisfied on less but I can certainly still tuck away a fair bit. I would think my next fill would bring me to 7 or 7.5cc which should do the trick. I have been losing the same 2-3 lbs over the last couple of months so I know how frustrating that can be. I'm finally going down, losing new weight !! :smile2:

I was banded 11/6/07 and have 1.5cc in my 4cc band. I have lost 78lbs. and have some restriction. I go for my next fill on 3/12/08 and will need a little tweak. Can't wait until full restriction so that I won't eat as much.

WOW Hollyberries. That is AWESOME!!! I just hopped on the scale this morning and I'm UP 3 POUNDS from my fill on Wednesday. I haven't even been eating anything bad and I've been keeping a food journal so I know EXACTLY how much Protein, fat and calories I've been taking it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! I didn't pay $15K to GAIN WEIGHT!!! I am SO frustrated!!!:thumbup:

I thought I had a 14 cc band but I have a 10 cc band. He said larger AP band (as compared to previous band), I heard Large AP band. I have what I am figuring is about 9.75 cc in my 10 cc band (I was at 8.75 at my last second to last fill and I didn't specifically ask this last time because I am close to full and I didn't really want to know but it looked to be about 1 ml added 3 days ago). I am TIGHT. I lost 8 pounds last month and 10 pounds this month, which I think is good. Before my fill this last week, I could still eat most anything. I felt like most of my weight loss was still what I feel is "muscling it" or old fashion dieting. I am feeling really restricted this weekend. My clinic says they have many people at or close to full and have a few people "a bit overfilled". I don't know how that exactly works, I will explore it if and when I get there. I am not going to stress about it, it is what it is.

I too play with 3 or 4 pounds. Loose it, gain it. This roller coaster has been going on since Dec. I have had one fill. 2cc. I think I can eat much more than I should. Can't seem to shake these pounds and get with it. I can go for another fill in a couple of weeks and maybe that will help. I keep hoping for the Sweet Spot people talk about.

My name is kathy and I was banded11-08-07. I lost 11 lbs. pre-op and 45 since surgery for a total of 61. I have a 14 band that had a 3cc fill when it was put in which I think helped alot. I've had 2 fills, one was 3ccs anda1cc fill so I have 7ccs in a 14 band. My Dr. keeps us restricted so I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup at a time.I'm glad I had the pre-fill. I wasn't hungry for 5 weeks. Good luck to all of you!

RxTracy,

Thanks for that info. I feel a little better now. It seems like I am the only person out there that is in the "9s". I was getting a bit worried. I do feel restriction, and can not eat ANYWHERE near what I used to, but I am definitely eating more than 4-6 ozs and am getting pretty darn frustrated. With every fill I keep thinking "ok...this HAS to be the one". I am really glad I found this place. It's a comfort to know that others out there are thinking and feeling and experiencing the same victories and setbacks.

AndreaL,

Thanks for the compliment! You are doing very well also! I'm not sure what my surgeon is doing differently. The 6.5cc apparently has been his experience so far. As I mentioned, I just may the exception to his rule! Best of luck to you!

Robin

I was away this weekend and good thing my fill appt is tomorrow! I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but I must have gained.

For the three months since being banded I had varying degress of mild restriction and this weekend I tested my band and found almost everything goes down very smoothly! That's bad! This weekend was the first time I tried pizza and got down most of one piece. Way less than I would have eaten before being banded, but still!

Other than the pizza, I ate healthly food, but too much of it and too often.

I guess if the Dr's office sees I gained, it will just reaffirm I need more fill!

Since I only had a low fat diet for pre-op, my weight loss over the three months is very disappointing. Hope this fill gives me a new jump start!

I was banded Nov,15th and had my 3rd fill Feb,19th which makes 8cc in a 10cc band, I am finally at perfect restriction and have dropped 7 pounds in a week. This is perfect!!!! If you are not at good restriction.. Dont give up it will come.

Well I'm going for my 4th fill tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll get another 1cc because I am still able to eat more than I want. That should take me to 7.5cc. I'm so ready to get more weight off. I lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks but have been eating too much in the last couple of days... hopefully haven't done too much damage.

Sades: I think 6.5 would be too little restriction for me, too. I have perfect restriction right now as far as little hunger, needing to eat slow, and getting full fairly quickly. After my initial loss while back on liquids, I haven't lost any more but I have to lose eventually with as little as I'm eating.

Yesterday I had a Slimfast shake (180 calories), a Weight Watchers entree (I didn't check but the ones I get are all less than 350 calories), a Luna bar (180 calories), and a sugar-free pudding with two reduced-fat Cookies (200 calories), for a total of 910 calories. That's pretty much how I eat every day, though different foods. I can't seem to eat any more than that without relying on shakes and even then, I'm just not hungry for them.

What I like about this level is that I still seem to be able to eat most foods. I haven't tried everything but I've been able to eat everything I've tried. I really think the next fill will do it for you. If I get another fill in March, I suspect it will only be .5ccs but at this point, I don't anticipate needing one.

Good luck!

Thanks Longhorn. That's exactly where I want to be. I was losing heaps when I was on around 900 cals a day. I'm eating anywhere between 1200 - 2000 cals at the moment. Good for maintaining, not losing. I'll let you know how I go with this one.