Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What level are all the Nov 07 bandsters at?

I was banded on Nov 16th and was curious about where my fellow Nov/07 bandsters were at with their fill levels and weight loss. I had my 5th fill last night and am now at 9 ccs in a 10 cc band. I haven't had any solids since the fill. Started this morning with some hot tea and then my Protein shake. I'm about to try some fruit and cheese for my morning snack to see if that goes down. :smile:

I lost 25 lbs on the pre-op diet (aka 3 week torture session) and 22 since my surgery. I have been yo-yoing up and down between fills and am a tad frustrated, but trying to remain positive.

Any other Novembers out there that would like to share? :tongue2:

I was banded Nov 27th, no liquid pre-op diet just low calorie, low fat two weeks before surgery, so my weight loss is post op.

I have approx 6 cc's in my band and have no restriction. Next fill is Feb 26 and obviously I need it.

I was banded on 1 Nov and have 6.5cc in a 10cc band. I have lost 31 lbs post op. I am going for my 4th fill on Wed 27 Feb which hopefully should give me the restriction I am looking for.

Thanks for the replies SADES and Shortgal. I had my surgery done in Toronto. The pre-op was not a liquid one either. I was able to have 2 ozs. of Protein 5 times a day and veggies twice a day. Mostly yogurt and cottage cheese with a meat protein once or twice a day. It was pretty bad but not as bad as i've read some people have had to do!! I had VERY little restriction until I hit 8ccs and even up to 8.5 I could still wolf down bread. I was starting to get a little worried, but I'm hoping last night's fill to 9ccs will do the trick. I'm always really tight after the fill and I lose 10 pounds the first week then put half of it back on the second week before the next fill. At TLBC we are allowed to get a fill every 2 weeks and my first fill was 4 weeks post op. It sounds like it might be different elsewhere.

I hope this fill works for you... if I have to wait until I get to 9cc's for restriction. I'm going to be pretty frustrated.

I have terrible restriction ( meaning none) right now. I just had lunch... a big lean cuisine AND a yogurt and I could eat more. Worse part is that the Lean cuisine had Pasta in it... too many carbs.

I have been sticking to my diet until today and while my calorie intake for the day will still be reasonable, I will not continue to lose weight, if I eat like this. Tues ( nest fill appt) cannot come soon enough.

I'm sorry I didn;t call this past week to go in again, but we are driving to VA for the weekend and I was worried I might get too tight and not be near the Dr.

I hope it works too. I mean realistically speaking...there is only one more cc left!!! If this doesn't work then I'm going to go into panic mode!! Most of the people I know from my clinic are between 7.5 and 8.5 so I was getting a little worried when the last one didn't cut it.

As for the lean cuisine thing...the calorie count in those are great but you are absolutely right about the carbs. My nutritionist recommends the Atkins Advantage meals (if those are available in your area). They have no carbs, just the meat and veggies. Another thing I will do is make a chicken breast for dinner and eat half then take the other half for lunch. I make sure to eat all my Protein first and then fill up with the veggies and a piece of fruit after. If I'm still hungry I will have a FF yogurt. That usually does the trick until about 3:00. Then if I know I can't wait any longer I will have some nuts (almonds are the best nutrition-wise, or toasted soy nuts are a great Protein source). That will get me through to dinner. The more protein you have the less hungry you will be. Don't waste precious pouch space on carbs.

I can relate to your frustration. I have been yo-yoing with the last 10 pounds for nearly 2 months. Down 5, up three, down 2, up 4. It's driving me mad!! I still seem to be at a 5lb per two week rate. I suppose that's better than nothing, but I had hoped for more. I really need to get active and that should help out. Just waiting for spring to come to the great white north. :tongue2:

I just got a fill last Wed. I asked the Dr. and he said I have 2cc in a 4cc band. Is that right? I thought all bands were at least 10cc. Anyway feel restriction although I can still eat bread etc. I do get full with much less food now than before my fill. Since my fill I've lost about 3 lbs.

I've had 3 fills for a total of 4.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I had great restriction after the fill and I still have restriction. The restriction isn't as good as the 2 weeks after the fill but it still keeps me from overeating. I've lost 26 pounds since 11/20 and I am very happy with that. My weight loss would be much better if I would exercise more. That is my weak spot at the moment.

I hope this fill gives you great restriction!

I was banded on Nov 19. I started with 4 cc in my 10 cc band. I've had 2 fills. I want to say that I'm just a little short of 7 cc. I have lost 40 lbs. I think I'm pretty close to restriction.

I was banded on Nov 9 2007 with a 10cc band. I have had no fills and I am losing just fine! I am can feel the 50 pounds lost......I should hit that I am hoping in the next week or so.

Banded 11/15/07. I have 6.5cc in a 10cc band. Have lost 45 lbs so far. Only a 3-day pre-op clear liquid diet that I lost 3 of those lbs on. So 42 lbs is post-op.

i just had my 3rd fill wed last week. i'm at 6.5 in a 10cc band. i have lost 52 since surgery. no presurgery diet. restriction is pretty good now.

I had my third fill last Friday. I now have 7ccs in a 10cc band. I have really comfortable but effective restriction right now.

I have had one fill for 3cc in a 10cc band. I have NO restriction right now. I go in next week for my 2nd fill... Hopefully. 2 weeks ago he wouldn't give me one, said I was losing just fine and he didn't want me to lose to fast, I told him, if I wanted to I could eat anything I wanted, I was just choosing not to, I also upped my exercise alot and have started biking again, and that I really needed to feel some type of restriction, anything would help with the hunger I have been feeling.....

So tuesday we shall see.......

That is really strange that the Dr. wouldn't give you a fill. Isn't that what the band was put in for??

Well it seems that 9ccs is NOT enough. I still have to eat about 3 to 4 cups of food to feel full. GRRRR!!! I'm getting SOOOO irritated!!!!

It seems like EVERYONE is losing weight but me!! I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for almost 2 months!!:tt2: