Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drs. in Conroe, The Woodlands, College Station?

I'm just beginning my journey towards LapBand surgery and wondered if anyone here has had this surgery in Conroe, Bryan, College Station or The Woodlands, Tx?

Any Dr's to recommend, any to avoid?

Cost? Does anyone have private insurance that will pay for this procedure as my health insurance at work will not.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories, I've learned much and actually had many questions answered already.

Hi Lynne. I had the lapband done at the Physicians Centre in College Station by Dr. John Mason. He's an awesome doctor. I would highly recommend him.

I'm not sure about the cost at present. Sometimes they have "specials" if you are self pay. They might also finance it. I don't know much about that since I was fortunate enough that my insurance covered it.

I just had my lapband done on the 13th and doing great - Dr Bradley Waggoner located on hwy 290 & Huffmeister - Northwest part of Houston has been great. I was self pay and it cost $15,000.00. Good Luck - i am down 20 lbs since the 7th (started special diet 7 days prior to surgery.).

I go for a consult with Dr. Robert Collier on March 3. He was highly recommened by a freind. I really liked him at the seminar. He works thru jouneylite in houston. Self pay is 13,500 and lifetime fills

Thanks for the responses. I left a message with journeylite today but didn't hear back, probably will on Monday. I'm hoping for a seminar next week and to schedule, I'd really like to fast track this because I have an open window on time for only a couple of weeks before I begin a new position at work and won't be able to take time off. Any other suggestions anyone might have for me please give them. THANKS!

I used Dexter Turnquest, his office at Houston Northwest off of 45 but I refused to go to that hospital. Luckily he also does them at Memorial Hermann the Woodlands so I was banded there on 2-22. If you are self pay a sugery center would be your best bet though, typically they are about 1/3 the cost of a hospital.

I have an appointment with Dr. Collier on March 3rd and my surgery date is March 13th!! I am so ready! I can't wait to start the new phase of my life. Can anyone tell me the pre-op diet....low carb? low fat? Please share any info with me.

How did you get your surgery appt. before your consult? Wow I am so excited for you. In a way it scares me, My appt is March 3 also to have the surgery 10 days later. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that fast. I wish I could help you with your questions but I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Maybe we will meet each other in the office or at a support group. Best of luck to you on your journey.

I spoke with Dr. Collier at the seminar, called his office the next day and scheduled my surgery, basically. I am self-pay so that takes a lot of the waiting out of it. I'll have my appointment with Dr. Collier on March 3rd, do my follow-up with my primary doctor, get ok'd for surgery, lab work, etc. and be ready for surgery on the 13th! I'm ready, ready, ready! What time is your appt. on the 3rd? Good luck to you and hopefully we will meet and be support for each other. I agree, it's scary and yet I feel so positive about my decision I'm ready to move forward.

Hi there...I had my lapband and recent gall bladder surgery with Dr. Jason Balette in the Surgical Group of the Woodlands. I LOVE HIM! He and his office staff are the best professionals I've worked with. He comes highly recommended by me. :w00t:

I had my appt with the doctor. I was very nervous going in but felt good about everything leaving. I am so excited to get this started. I also am scheduled for surgery on the 13th with journey lite. I start the diet tomorrow. Maybe we will see each other on our band day.

Yes, maybe we will see each other surgery day. I'm ready and very excited to also start this new phase of my life. I started my diet today, so far so good. When's your dietician appt? What flavor Protein Drink are you using? Be sure you add your "ticker" and other info so you can track your progress and we can congratulate each other as we go along. Hopefully we'll meet at the Dr's office!

Hi,

I was banded in December by Dr. John Mason in Bryan. I would highly recommend him! He is great and he has excellent staff! The Physician's Centre is also a great place. You should check it out and I'd be happy to talk to you about it more if you'd like.