Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor in Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

Yup...Dr's Brett Cohen & Thomas Bass are at Memorial Regional in Hollywood. Dr. Cohen did my surgery and I love him. Dr. Bass did a friend of mine and she loves him also. Both are fantastic! They have a full Bariatric practice which includes nutrition, psych, and support groups. Memorial is also now a Center of Excellence, so you're in great hands. You can reach the docs at 654-966-8559. Good luck and I hope this info helps!

Michele

That's weird, it's the same practice. Who did the seminar? When I went to the seminar in Hallandale, it was Dr. Cohen. I was sold right then and there!

Good luck!

No. I went to the seminar in Pembroke Pines. It was a doctor Michael Choi- not a MD, but a DO. Did Drs. Cohen and Bass help you through the insurance maze and was their office staff helpful as well?

Mary

:confused2: Has anyone used the Bariatric Department at Cleveland Clinic? My doctor is recommending it, but I have heard that it takes them a long time to work through insurance? Anyone have somei nfo on that?

No. I went to the seminar in Pembroke Pines. It was a doctor Michael Choi- not a MD, but a DO. Did Drs. Cohen and Bass help you through the insurance maze and was their office staff helpful as well?

Mary

I can't help you on the insurance maze question as I was self-pay, but as far as the office staff is concerned, they're great! The Doctors wouldn't be the ones to help you, it would be one of the office staff. Anytime I called with a question, I'd either get help right then, or a callback, or an email. I never met Dr. Choi so I can't comment. You'll want to make an appt with either Dr. Cohen or Dr. Bass. I can vouch for both of them.

I don't regret the decision to go with Dr. Cohen and Hollywood Bariatrics. They're all great and REALLY caring.

I hope this helps,

Michele

I am going to Dr. Choi at Memorial Regional in Miramar. So far the staff has been very helpful and Dr. Choi is really nice in person. I went to the seminar and wasn't convinced this was right for me. I gave myself 3 months to really focus on loosing weight and realize, I need this. Dr. Choi is very knowledgable and personable when you go to his office. I am researching and looking up information on his past surgeries. I suggest this for anyone considering any type of surgery.

I went for an endoscopy and I was in shock how nice and professional the medical staff was at the Memorial Miramar Hospital. It was refreshing to see the extra care you received. I guess I have been to a lot of bad hospitals in the past. I am still going through the approval process and I should know within 2-4 weeks.

Thanks so much! I went to the seminar at Memorial in Pembroke Pines, but wasn't impressed. I will call!

mary

Went to seminar last week thought it was good. If you have not gotten a dr yet try Dr sosa at Palmetto General in Hialeah. He has been donig them a long time and was the first dr at Memorial in Hollywood. Most likely trained the others.... Lynne

Dr. Bass in Hollywood is great! Had my surgery Jan. 9th and have had no complaints or problems with him or his office staff. I haven't seen Dr. Cohen

I am going to Dr. Choi at Memorial Regional in Miramar. So far the staff has been very helpful and Dr. Choi is really nice in person. I went to the seminar and wasn't convinced this was right for me. I gave myself 3 months to really focus on loosing weight and realize, I need this. Dr. Choi is very knowledgable and personable when you go to his office. I am researching and looking up information on his past surgeries. I suggest this for anyone considering any type of surgery.

I went for an endoscopy and I was in shock how nice and professional the medical staff was at the Memorial Miramar Hospital. It was refreshing to see the extra care you received. I guess I have been to a lot of bad hospitals in the past. I am still going through the approval process and I should know within 2-4 weeks.

how was your surgery with dr. choi? what is a DO. What is his first name I can't find any information on this md