Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2005 Bandsters

Thanks rsduhe I had wonder about the sleeping on the tummy.I naturally thought it might be uncomfortable,abit like imagening when your a kid that boobs would get in the way.However with the port it is embedded in deeply so I had hope I would still be able to sleep on my tummy.this question was going to the next threat for me.Many thanks

annette

Hi,

I want to join the April Bandsters Bandwagon too! My date is 4-28-05, same as Trish. Same day, same doctor and same hospital. I look forward to meeting her. Good luck to you all.

Can some of those that have had their surgery in April, let us know how they are doing?

Thanks

Debbie

Hi,

I'm really new to this site. I've learned alot from the Ol' Timers..LOL. My son had his surgery last Friday and came thru with flying colors. I was really afraid, he's such a weenie but was a real rock during the entire thing. He's not your usual bandster, he's 7 ft tall and weighed 450 so the hospital bed was a small issue for him. His feet hung over the end but he managed to keep from sliding out. The doctor and staff were wonderful. We went to Mexico to Dr. Rod who is a saint. His staff doesn't speak alot of english but we did manage to get thru to them if he was hurting or had some nausea. These girls work their butt off for $15 a day. The hospital is immaculate and everyone was very caring. I'm going back on Sunday for surgery on Monday. I'm a little nervous but really excieted to get this done.

I once thought that food was my best friend, but I've learned who needs friends like that. My friend betrayed me settling on my hips, fanny and tumtum. It became an addiction. I'd say like a monkey on my back but I would have eaten that too! Didn't mean to go on. I hope everyone who has this surgery does even half as well as my son cuz then you'll do great!

Best wishes,

Mamadiggs:glasses

Welcome! I just wanted to say good luck with your surgery, and please come and post when you are done and let us know how you did! Is your son a member here too?

Debbie - Good Luck with your surgery too! Looking forward to seeing you in bandland! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm sad to say I need to be taken off the April Bandsters list. The Dr. office called and postponed my 4/26 date. My pre-op blood work shows factor five leiden, so no surgery for me till I see a hematologist. Hopefully I will be able to join the May bandsters list.

Thanks

Nora

Thanks. No my son thinks he can do it on his own and may be he can, but being a girlie-girl I need the support of others. You know guys can just sit around and grunt at each other but girls like to actually talk about what's going on. That way we know we're not alone in this. One way or the other someone is having or has had the experience you're now going thru. and will share their thoughts. That's nice and I like it that way. But he's a tough guy Yea, right! NOT!!!! So he's sucking it up and doing the best he can. A group could make it so much easier for him, but, I'm just the mom.

I'll keep you posted, thanks for the thoughts,

Mamadiggs

I'm getting banded on April 27th and my husband is getting banded on April 29th.

Me- 5'6" 187 lbs

Him- 6'2" 315 lbs

Dr. Robert Powell, Richardson,TX

I am very nervous today for some reason.

Guest Crazy Cowgirl

Hello, I am brand new, and getting banded on May 26, 2005. My best friend is getting banded next Wednesday....4/27/05. We have talked about this...and now it's actually going to happen....I'm excited and alittle nervous at the same time. This is life changing, I know it....reading everyone's posts is very interesting, I appreciate how open everyone seems to be...it really makes me less nervous.

hey Crazy Cowgirl! Is your friend here, does she have a screen name? If so, I'll add her to the list so we can cheer her on. You need to find the May Bandsters list (if you haven't already) and DebbieDo will add your name. It's under the Support Forum also. Happy researching! And Welcome!

HI, I was banded on Monday April 18th 2005. I am still healing but physicially feel good. I just wish I didn't have problems with Water it takes me so loong to drink it because It actually hurts when it hits my stomach. Amazingly the horrible Protein Drinks go down without a problem. Has anyone else had a problem with water??