Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts TT, BL, Lipo & BA

For me, I'm glad I didn't do the implants, no regrets there. I'm still a DD, but still hoping they'll go down to a D or large C.

Doesn't he have enough to work with that he wouldn't have to do the implants. Like my doctor explained, that's just something else to deal with. He said he'd be glad to do them if I wanted, but why bother, but then again.. I'm almost 58.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the implants, just don't get them too big, so they look like implants :).

I go back for another follow up tomorrow. I have a few stitches that didn't dissolve and for some reason, my right breast is very tender, can't take any pressure.

Neal, how's it going? I slept without my compression garments last night, I actually missed them and almost got up and put them on, LOL.

Christine, I read your blog today and I'm RH neg, I had to get the same shots after my kids were born. We've got special blood :).

Christine, I read your blog today and I'm RH neg, I had to get the same shots after my kids were born. We've got special blood :smile:.

great... special... just what i need ... :tongue2:

Okay, busy getting my prescriptions filled, making lists for soft foods, lo cal drinks, ice, etc. Trying to get my house in tip top shape. My mom is coming to help me, so I've got to get the guest room in order. Leaving for Florida on Thursday. Giving a 75th birthday party for my Mom, then flying back on Sunday. Surgery on Tuesday. Too much to do! I better get off the computer! I'm trying to stop thinking about the upcoming pain and focus more positive energy on the healing process and trying to remember to breathe!

Karey,

have a great time in FL... at least you'll be busy and not counting the days ... errr... hours like someone ... not me though, nope ... :smile: :tt2:

Karey,

I'm sorry I'm late to this party! I've had the plague (doc says the flu but I promise it's a million times worse than that). You're going to do so well and let me answer two of your questions from one who has gone before you.

First, you asked when will you feel worthy/or that it was the right time to have had the TT. NOW is the time. You're going to lose 10 lbs with it. You will lose weight during recovery. If there's one thing I've learned from being 141 for about 4 or 5 months now, it's that though my "goal" is/was 136, I don't worry about it anymore. The world thinks I'm thin. Sometimes I don't, but I go into stores and pick up mediums and sales girls take them away from me and hand me extra smalls. And they're always right. I was much further from goal than you when I had my TT and, not to brag (haha) but my stomach rocks. Yours is going to also. There is NO doubt in my mind that this is the time for you. I think you will come out better now that you would if you lost 15 lbs first. You have to give the surgeon a little something to sculpt with to get the best shape. We're not meant to be skin and bones. Put the timing fear to rest, ok?

I feel equally strongly about the implants. GET THEM. I don't claim as much authority on this topic because I do think there may be different factors that go into that decision for a woman my age, but I really, really love my implants. I got small ones. As you know, I had the lift first. Then, low and behold, I lost 50 more pounds that I never thought I'd lose. And a B cup just wasn't enough for me. Even at 5'2 I felt out of proportion with my hips -- even after the thigh lift. I really struggled with it and I ultimately went with the smallest implant my Dad would consent to (my Dad's my surgeon for those who read that and said WHAT???). I got 250 cc gel, low profile silicone implants and they're perfect. They're still small -- a mid-C. But the texture and look is so wonderful. I joke with Dad that even if I'd never been MO, I might have had my breasts scooped out and had implants put in because the texture and feel is so great. It might be a personal preference -- I don't know -- but I wouldn't let age stop you. You can choose a subtle augmentation that will make you look and feel so good. My opinion is that a B isn't big enough for most women. That's a vast generalization, but I feel I know enough about your body and your WL journey to comment.

And my advice is go SILICONE not saline. And go low profile, not normal profile, if you don't want that "implant" look (a lot of people like that look -- you know, where there's a lot of curve on top -- low profile carries the weight a little more in the center and bottom -- you still have plenty of cleavage, they just don't scream "IMPLANT" -- but that's a completely personal choice).

You're going to be a whole new person next week. I can't wait for you to be a week post-op.

Thoughts are with you....

Julie: So glad you're feeling better. Thanks for taking the time to thoughtfully reply to my questions. I didn't know there were low profile implants. I guess I didn't do much research. My PS didn't ask me, they just measured, ordered three sizes and that was that. They are silicone and they will be under the muscle and that is about the extent of my knowledge. I know that they ordered 321 cc, 359 cc and 371 cc. Odd sizes, huh? I told the PS that I wanted the smallest size that would fit. He told me that I was broad shouldered and tall and I wouldn't want to be too small. I said that I was also a very conservative person. I really don't want to walk into church in a few weeks and have everyone's eyes go immediately to my chest! Do you think I should call their office and ask about the low profile implants? The whole reason I'm getting implants is because I was going to be so flat on the upper portion of my breast and the PS said that the lift wouldn't help that much. I am definetly going to insist that he puts the smallest size that fits in when he marks me up etc. I've only met with him 3 times already. He's going to start thinking I'm a trouble maker. This was an incredibly hard decision for me. It wasn't hard to decide on the lift or the TT, but having another foreign object in my body that something could potentially go wrong with was. I think I'll look lots better, though, so, I just have to have some faith in my PS's ability and judgement. Don't you think so? Or, should I be more proactive?

Hmm. I tend to say trust your surgeon at this point. I could have carried a 300 cc implant with no problem (in fact, some days, I wish I'd gotten them -- I'd be a "full" C instead of a medium C). And with your height 20 more cc's just isn't going to be an issue.

As to the low profile/regular profile, if your doc didn't even discuss it, I would GUESS it's because it wasn't a good choice for you for the reason you said -- that you actually want more of a fill on top -- it's part of (or the primary reason) you want the aug to begin with.

Julie, I'm glad your back on the boards. You're a calming influence on me. I'm getting the pre-surgery jitters and the augmentation is nerve wrecking for me. It's hard to visualize all of this. I guess I'm worried about the pain, but I have total confidence that I can cope with it. I just hope that my body doesn't let me down and that I heal quickly and can get back to exercise and my life soon. My DD is getting married in May and I don't want anything to jeopardize my ability to be helpful to her and to enjoy the big day! There's nothing like trying to squeeze everything in!

Karey, may you soon feel at peace, with all the pre-op decision making.

You are gonna' love it all---- after the pain goes away of course. Thinking of you!

Karey please dont be worried! I am 2 weeks out and I feel fantastic, I went out and about for more than 4 hours yesterday, and the night before we turned the apartment into a disco and danced for 2 hours!

I have got a consult today for my new boobs and I cannot wait to get them done, i have been window shopping on MMH looking at peoples pics and have picked the ones that I want!! I must admit I have been a E cup most of my life and I want to stay that size I just want em back where they should be!!

As for the TT, I can honestly say write off the day of sx, you will feel like a train wreck, but the day after you are just stiff and sore , you do a bit of 2 steps forwards 1 step back but it is soooo worth it I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new body and I am still really swollen!

Nina x

Nina: Thank you so much for the update. I am getting very nervous. I appreciate the encouragement! At this point, I really need it! I'm glad you're doing well! Keep posting!