Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LA / San Bernardino Doctors?

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some research on LapBand doctors in Los Angeles / San Bernardino country area. Any suggestions on the doctors? Anyone had Lapband done with doctors from these areas?

So far I've been to 2 seminars: Dr. Milton Owens (Rancho Cucamonga) and Dr. Jeremy Korman (Marina Del Rey)

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some research on LapBand doctors in Los Angeles / San Bernardino country area. Any suggestions on the doctors? Anyone had Lapband done with doctors from these areas?

So far I've been to 2 seminars: Dr. Milton Owens (Rancho Cucamonga) and Dr. Jeremy Korman (Marina Del Rey)

Thank you!

I live in the San Fernando Valley and have met with Dr. David Davtyan he has offices in Glendale and Beverly Hills. He was very highly recomended and actually has the lap band himself so he knows first hand what you are going through. I have also headr many great things about Dr. Mahbod Mark Paya Lap-Band Weight Loss Surgery in Los Angeles and Orange County he has offices in West Hills and Beverly Hills.

I hope this is helpful to you.

CaliGirl,

I had my surgery done by Dr. Douglas Krahn in San Bernardino at St Bernadines Medical Center. If you live in San Bernardino this is very close to you. He has a multi-disciplinary team and supports groups each week at the hospital. He also has a free informational seminars monthly. Good luck to you.

Hi Dori,

I live in San Gabriel Valley but work in Rancho Cucamonga. However, I would rather had a surgery done with a doctor that someone else had done and had good experience. So I'm still looking around. I just send in a request for Dr. Krahn to contact me. Hopefully I will hear from him or his staff soon.

Thank you for much!

Have you gone to the open conference classes by Dr Krahn? They are very informative. He does the lap band in San Bernardino and in Rancho Cucamonga, but I don't know if the Rancho Cucamonga is out paitent only or not. I've only got the psyc. evaluation to comlpete then I will get a date set for surgery. Good Luck to you!!!!!

Hi Dori, I'm hoping to have my surgery in April. Does Dr Krahn do all the fills? When I had my first consultation apt. the office was soooooo full and I was bounced around from room to room because it was so busy. I was put in an office to talk to his assistant, before I saw Dr. Krahn. I know he is well qualified but I'm wondering if most of the post op fills etc are done by his staff.

Dr. Korman did my lapband in September 2007. I have had great progress and Dr. Jeremy Korman himself is such a wonderful person, easy to deal with. He really listens to my concerns, etc.

Hello all,

I had a chance to meet Dr. Krahn today. He seemed like a very nice and very confident guy.

I found out that Dr. Krahn does some work out of Rancho Specialty Hospital, he goes there for fills. pre/post op on Thursday. He told me that he is the head of the bariatrics at Rancho Specialty.

I'm still waiting to meet with Dr. Owens. Right now it's just figuring out which doctor I will be going with.

I will keep updating my progress.

Hi CaliGirl. I had my surgery on March 17 with Dr. Mark Paya. He is absolutely wonderful. Everything is done so quickly and his bedside manner is excellent. I was only there for 10 hrs and he came to my room twice after surgery to make sure I was doing Ok