Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercised at Curves tonight!

It's been at least 3 weeks since I went last and I did the whole workout and I feel great! I'm going to sleep good tonight!

Great job... Excersie will always make you feel great!

I use to go to Curves too... but now Im going to start Golds Gym with a personal Trainer

Good Luck with everything Take Care

Great job... Excersie will always make you feel great!

I use to go to Curves too... but now Im going to start Golds Gym with a personal Trainer

Good Luck with everything Take Care

Go Trish thats a good way to get in shape girl!!

Sharon~I've been thinking about joining Curves. I have one just a few miles from my job. I thought that might be good to do on my lunch hour??? I might have to check it out!!!

TrishS that is awesome with the trainer. I don't regret hiring a trainer one bit. Well at least not till that one hour before she comes then I have second thoughts. LOL!!! I feel fantastic after the session. So motivated and uplifted. And it helps that she is very sweet, a good friend, pushes you but not in an obnoxious way, and asks if you would like to try this new exercise then gives you time to learn it before she steps up the tempo.

Good for you Sharon for going to CURVES. I have a small circuit in my home. Treadmill, recumbent bike, ab lounger, and weight machine. I have been doing 5 min increments. Is that what Curves does too or are they longer?

I too am a member of Curves, I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been in about two weeks, my friend and I go during lunch and its a good cardio workout. I am actually planning on doing that at lunch today, got my workout clothes in the car. I haven't been working out w/ my trainer and miss him terribly, I feel so good after working out (too much going on w/ my life), but I am starting a strength training class on Monday and I'm looking forward to it. Lets start working really hard so that we can get in our bikinis this summer. LOL

Good for you Sharon for going to CURVES. I have a small circuit in my home. Treadmill, recumbent bike, ab lounger, and weight machine. I have been doing 5 min increments. Is that what Curves does too or are they longer?

Curves is a 30 minute workout, you hop on to the circuit anywhere and listen to the music playing constantly (but it's good music). Every 30 seconds, a voice will say, "change stations now" and you move to the next station. When you go around 2 or 3 times (depending on the club and the number of machines) you have worked out 30 minutes and it's easy, fun, but a good workout!

It's set up in a circle, you have 8-10 or so machines that works with hydraulics, so the faster you move the machine (eg: pushing and pulling handlebars overhead and down to your shoulders) the harder it is to push and pull. You do that for 30 secs, then move to a recovery pad where you march for 30 secs, then move to a lower body machine...round and round. You work out all the major muscle groups with the strangth training and the pace is good cardio, they also have you check your heart rate every 10 min or so. I loved it there but they didn't have child care and I needed more aerobics/cardio anyway, I wasn't doing it at home...but it was a great start for me.

Youv'e got a great circuit at home, good for you! If i had to wrok out at home, I'd have to hire a trainer. I just can't motivate myself at home. I'm too distracted by the computer...LBT is a great escape!

The nice thing about Curves is that they are EVERYWHERE and you you can get visiting privileges at other locations. It's kind of fun to see the differences in shops. My favorite one was in San Francisco. Then I decided to walk back to the hotel - ooh boys those "hills" almost killed me.

Did you try the hula hoop? I bought one for my house, picture that a 55 year old doing the hula hoop, well on second thought nix the picture that.

Last year on my birthday we went to the Joe's Crab Shack, they call you up and give you a hula hoop and tell you they're gonna sing happy bd to you until you do it. Needless to say, I just took the hoop and manually moved it around my body....but now, I can keep it going for about 3 minutes, yahooooo, well that's a start.

For you ladies that use the hydraulic exercise machines--how do you like them? I am looking at buying one and was not sure of the back and forth under pressure movements. Many say that you get twice the workout since you are working in and out. Do you like them better then free weights or a one way machine? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

T