Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it to Onederland!

I can't believe how quickly I'm losing since this last fill! It has only been four days and I've lost 4.5 pounds! I never dreamed I could lose this quickly, especially without being hungry or uncomfortable in any way. I'm not even exercising because I just don't have time.

My main issue now is making sure I eat enough, especially Protein. I'm on the go a lot so I have to rely on portable foods. I've mostly been eating Slimfast shakes and Luna bars but at only 10-11 grams of Protein per serving, that's not enough, especially when I have to make myself think about eating. As I mentioned in another thread, it's time to get out the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder and start adding it to my foods.

I know it's tough when you're not really experiencing the full benefits of the band but try to be patient and hang in there! I don't know how long this level of restriction will last but I'm enjoying it while I can! :(

I'm so happy that you're there Longhorn. You started off slowly but look at you now... onederland !!:(:thumbup: It must be a great feeling to know that the band is finally working.. I've had glimpses of it. Looks like you'll have no problem meeting the Spring challenge.

Thanks, Sades! I realize that I could revisit Twoterville -- in the past, I rarely reach a new low and stay there. Maybe this time will be different.

You're so right that we get "glimpses" of how the band works along the way -- perhaps the first couple of weeks after surgery and then after some of the later fills. I know the band has been working all along because I always kept losing but very slowly. I may get back to the slow rate but this faster rate is sure fun! I hope you get there at your next fill, too, Band Sis! :(

Band sisters, I like that ! :biggrin2: I'm losing again at the moment... haven't weighed myself for a couple of days so could be back at onederland myself... was at 200 two days ago. The plan is to keep going not keep working on the same 2 lbs.

Band sisters, I like that ! :biggrin2: I'm losing again at the moment... haven't weighed myself for a couple of days so could be back at onederland myself... was at 200 two days ago. The plan is to keep going not keep working on the same 2 lbs.

Good for you! That's such a psychological boost to finally start seeing some new numbers! I tend to revisit the same numbers for awhile before I dip lower, which is why this last few days have been so amazing. I barely got to "know" 203 before I left it behind. :thumbup:

Same band date, same age, and now, about the same weight. I'd say we're definitely band sisters! If it wasn't for that pesky six-inch difference in our heights, we'd be twins! :lol:

congrats!!

Thanks, ljm! I just read through a little bit of the rollercoaster you've been through lately as described in your blog. I feel for you, hon, and hope everything works out the way you want it to. Good luck!

I can't believe how quickly I'm losing since this last fill! It has only been four days and I've lost 4.5 pounds! I never dreamed I could lose this quickly, especially without being hungry or uncomfortable in any way. I'm not even exercising because I just don't have time.

My main issue now is making sure I eat enough, especially Protein. I'm on the go a lot so I have to rely on portable foods. I've mostly been eating Slimfast shakes and Luna bars but at only 10-11 grams of Protein per serving, that's not enough, especially when I have to make myself think about eating. As I mentioned in another thread, it's time to get out the unjury unflavored Protein Powder and start adding it to my foods.

I know it's tough when you're not really experiencing the full benefits of the band but try to be patient and hang in there! I don't know how long this level of restriction will last but I'm enjoying it while I can! :thumbup:

Congratulations LADY and hugs on a job well done! I can't wait to feel that elation with you!! I am so happy for you and you are gonna be at goal before you know it!!:lol:

CONGRATULATIONS LONGHORN! :thumbup:

Reaching those milestones are such a mental boost. I was in the 180's and then suddenly back into the 190's.... BOO!

This has not been happening to me. I've been losing slowly, but losing, never gaining. Annoying, but not too worried yet, as I know I totally need a fill! And I know I have NOT overeaten, even though I could easily.

Have to get "things moving" so I just had a piece of whole wheat "double fiber" bread with Peanut Butter. This is in addition to all the benefiber I've been adding to my Water.

Had no idea waiting to get restriction could take so long though.

Hooray for you!

Good for you! That's such a psychological boost to finally start seeing some new numbers! I tend to revisit the same numbers for awhile before I dip lower, which is why this last few days have been so amazing. I barely got to "know" 203 before I left it behind. :thumbup:

Same band date, same age, and now, about the same weight. I'd say we're definitely band sisters! If it wasn't for that pesky six-inch difference in our heights, we'd be twins! :cool2:

:lol: You're a crazy woman !! :cursing: Yes that 6 inches would make a big difference... that would make you look about 10 lbs lighter than me. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that I am back at 199 this morning (Aussie morning) and I'm so excited. Another 1 lb and I'm back where I was about a week ago. From there it is downhill all the way !! :lol:

Sades, I hate to rain on your parade ( but since I'm in a bad mood anyway)... the six inch difference in height is actually more like 30 pounds difference... as for weight calculations, it's about five pounds for every inch in height.

Now before you start to really cry, I'm TWO inches shorter than you and eight inches shorter than Longhorn.......

I think I'll go curl up in a corner and weep for awhile. Does crying burn a lot of calories?

Gosh, I'm really having a bad week!

Nah Shortgal, not that much... my niece is 7 inches taller than me and when we were a similar weight, we weren't very different dress size. Anyway, I can't argue with the stats.

Hey don't let things get you down... so easy to do. You've done so well so far and I know once you get that next fill things will start moving. Think about how lucky we are that we discovered lapband surgery and that we could afford to do it. I know there are many people out there who will always be overweight because they weren't as lucky. I'm looking forward to saying I wear a normal size 16 which isn't going to be too far off and think about when you can tell people you are a size 14. Keep the motivational thoughts in your head and spit out the negative ones.

CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic!

It is amazing how fast the weight comes off after a good fill. I lost 5 pounds the week after my last fill. It has slowed again but I am still losing.

I'm looking forward to saying I wear a normal size 16 which isn't going to be too far off and think about when you can tell people you are a size 14. Keep the motivational thoughts in your head and spit out the negative ones.

This morning I tried on a pair of 16's (not the icky 16W's) I had in my closet from a few years ago and they fit! One pair buttoned but was a smidge to tight but the other pair fit great. They are really cute too. I didn't get to wear them for long because I gained so fast which means they are in really good shape. Very exciting!

I'm 5'1". How tall are y'all?

Thanks Sades, I know I'm just cranky because the scale went up in spite of the fact that I've been eating well and not too much.

Today, I have eaten too much, just knowing the scale went up. I know I will stop sabotaging myself tomorrow. And boy, it really affirms I need a fill and I've totally changed my mind about asking for .5 cc's. I want the full 1cc's. I don't even have to overchew my food for it to go down.

I guess the dress size thing can be different for two different height people depending on where each person carries their weight. For me, it's sort of evenly distributed but my worst area is below the waist and above the knees all around. My butt has shrunk a lot though.

JILL, What a victory! I just can't stand the woman's sizes, they are just not made for short framed people. Pants way too long, sleeves too long etc. The shoulders on the larger sizes would fit a linebacker. Just not right for shorties.

I used to be 5" and 1/2 inch. I think I shrunk to 5 feet even. Even petite clothes can be too long for me, especially sleeve length. No wonder I can't reach anything in the kitchen cabinets! Although as my belly gets smaller, I can get closer to the counter and reach a little better. And all this time, I thought I couldn;t reach as well because I was shrinking!

One NSV I've had is: I don't seem to drip food on my shirts anymore, as I lost weight I guess I am able to bend over the table better and I have fewer spills. And I can put my shoes and socks on without angling my body to the side around my belly.

Ok Thanks everyone, I feel better now! I will salvage this day and make tomorrow even better. I can hang in until next Tuesdays fill.

I love my fellow November Nymphs. My husband is just no good at helping me over these hurdles. He's very supportive, but just doesn't know the right words I need to hear. I think it's a Mars/Venus thing.