Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice or help with sorting out what I'm actually feeling, please?

I had my second fill of 2 milliliters last week after 1 milliliter 4 weeks before that. With the fill of 2 mls after the 1 ml I was getting indigestion and not being able to keep even mushed fish down. So yesterday (February 18) I went down to my clinic after calling them and got one ml taken out. Leaving me with two.

I had my dinner of a jaffel last night and ate it faster then I should be able to. Then felt I could have another one but opted not to. But I did get frustrated. But I also kept in mind everyone is different. But I also got paranoid.

I am somewhat worried though. As I thought it would take a bit more to get restriction, or a good amount of restriction I think I have some restriction but it is nowhere near enough. But, considering I'm getting heartburn with three milliliters and not being able to keep mushed tinned salmon down. Well, I don't know. I guess I will talk to my surgeon in three weeks time when I see him again and talk to him about it then.

I want to ask a question though. Or rather the opinion of people here. I'm thinking I might ask for a half milliliter more of saline and see how that goes. As I had too much restriction before. And not enough now. Although having not had these sensations before I'm not too sure what to make of some of it and I'm sort of doubting myself.

I would go to the support group at the clinic but that would mean taking a one to two hour trip just to get there. I don't mind making the trip for the appointments every few weeks. So that's why I come here. For the support group bit. But all last night I was feeling frustrated. And my being on the Autism spectrum as well, that led into my feeling depressed then extremely pissed. But rather then sitting and letting fester. I thought I'd ask what you guys make of it?

Sincerely, Kat.

You will likely experience times when you can eat faster, more, and a wider variety of foods than others. This isn't yet reason for paranoia, it's part of your body's natural fluctuations.

I would say to let the majority rule on this one. Usually, are you adequately restricted and letting the one time with the jaffel make you rethink your restriction? Or usually do you find you're adequately satiated with a reasonable amount of food?

I'm getting heartburn with three milliliters and not being able to keep mushed tinned salmon down. Well, I don't know. I guess I will talk to my surgeon in three weeks time when I see him again and talk to him about it then. Are there any other foods you can't keep down? Perhaps canned salmon is just something your band doesn't agree with, and is only loosely related to your level of restriciton (indirectly).

I want to ask a question though. Or rather the opinion of people here. I'm thinking I might ask for a half milliliter more of saline and see how that goes. As I had too much restriction before. And not enough now. IIf you've been too tight, and you're now too loose, I would suggest fills of less than half ml. I went with half ml adjustments and that was still too much for me. Perhaps go for .1 ml or .25 at a time. If you've been too tight, you know you don't want to be there again! Although having not had these sensations before I'm not too sure what to make of some of it and I'm sort of doubting myself.

You will likely experience times when you can eat faster, more, and a wider variety of foods than others. This isn't yet reason for paranoia, it's part of your body's natural fluctuations.

I would say to let the majority rule on this one. Usually, are you adequately restricted and letting the one time with the jaffel make you rethink your restriction? Or usually do you find you're adequately satiated with a reasonable amount of food?

A lot of the time I usually feel fed with one jaffel. Almost to the point of being satisfied but not quite. I then get distracted because I'm thinking about it, rather then being able to concentrate on what I want to do. But I also have those feelings where I tend to confuse something else for hunger (if that made sense). I have a feeling that it is that that is making me feel like I'm not satisfied. As I usually wait 5 minutes and tend to feel ok. I know I overreact to a lot of things. But I've always been a worry wart and a bit of a paranoid person.

With the tinned fish. I would mash it finely and keep a bit of the juice in it and eat it slowly but I would still bring it back up. About the only thing I could eat was Soup or mashed potato. Or really hot pizza that was mushy and gooey. Everything else I'd have pain and have saliva threatening to come up. With the first fill, tinned salmon was fine. But then that was less saline.

I'm feeling slightly better after reading some of the other threads. Which is why I'm still reading.

Sincerely, Kat.