Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from WV???

Hi Saundra,

Thanks for the reply. Congrats on your fill. I'm already looking forward to my first one.

I've completed 5 days of liquids and I think its getting easier.

I appreciate the good words about Dr. Rossi. My PCP, who's also a life-long friend, recommended him highly. The gal in his office that I've been working with, Sara, has been super.

Please keep in touch. I'd love to hear more about your "journey"

Take care,

Jim

Hey Jimbo

You must be starving and so excited right now. I remember the count down real well. Honestly I had second thought but mostly because I hate being put to sleep, all went well obvioussly.

Right now I'm stuck and its so frustrating I cam out swinging the weight seemed to just vanish it was crazy. When I hit 174 though everything changed...that was about 3 weeks after my first fill.....I've felt restriction since surgery, I eat very little and I make good choices (except when I had a pity party the other night and ate some chex mix). I've been waiting to get back in ever since. Dr Shin told me at my first fill that if I ever went a week without loss to call for a fill so I assumed it wouldn't be so hard to get in........I've been sitting on that number forever now and trying not to get discouraged is rough. I'm sure once I see him things will change and I won't leave without making another appt just in case LOL I can always cancel and make someone very happy.

I do NOT regret being banded at all. The weight I've lost already has made a huge differance in my life. I am going through the what in the world can I eat phas now. My band doesn't seem to like a lot of things, hates meats no matter how tender but loves crab legs. Thankfully so do I.

Remember if you have a lot of gas to walk walk walk and move your arms up over your head. I didn't expect it and was caught off guard, well I should say I thought it would go away in a few ummmm well anyways for me getting rid of it meant the body eventually absorbs. In a very unlady like comment I have noticed in the past month I've learne to burp....something that would of came in handy right after.

I'm sharing negatives only because I really didn't a lot prior and looking back I think it would of been much smoother if I had.

Stock up on what you'll be eating after surgery. I bought a case of chicken broth from Sams....between it, tea, my bullits and some stage 1 baby fruit I got by.

Holler back at me......was that your tummy growling just now ;):lol::thumbup::lol::unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Howdy! I'm from Charleston and am just getting familiar with this site. Loving it so far! I was banded July 31st by Dr. Bali. I saw a post previously that someone had heard disturbing news about him but never saw a response as to what it was?....maybe I missed it. I'd like to be filled in if anyone knows!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

welcome to the site. I don't remember that thread but I've seen good and bad about most drs and I think usually the bad is mostly they don't like the rules that come with the band, I think a lot of people kid themselves into thinking it will be so easy and when its not like they thought they blame the dr. I know when I listen to my dr I do much better, when I listen to me I hate the scales. Good Luck and keep us posted on your journey

hi, i am too from wva, bunker hill to be exact, i had my surgery on monday aug 10 2009, things went well but i am still in a little pain i guess from gas and around the port, am i am so hungry, does everyone feel like this in the beginning? i see others great weight loss amounts and i wonder how can i do this when i want to eat all the time, any suggestions or anyone close to me to chat with thanks

after the first few days I was soooo hungry then my first appt was canceled which meant I had to stay on liquids till the new appt, ok I was bad and slipped some things like navy Beans in but ate super slow and only after my original appt date passed. The fills help a lot with hunger, head hunger is the butt kicker. When I seem to be struggeling real hard with my calories I have a little added. Hang in there its soooo worth it. If your getting Protein now that seems to help a little. I remember eating and drinking grape stuff like crystal light, grape Jello, and grappe Liquid Protein so much in the beginning, along with baby foods. Some how we all get through that part.