Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from WV???

Hi, I'm from Alma,wv. I just had my band done on 8-15-08.the operation went well. Went home the next day so far so good ihad to do a 2 week liquid diet befoe that. lost 12 lbs. I'm still a little sore but it's only been 8 days since my operation. I had mine done I had mine done at CAMC also. I had Dr.Rossie.real nice dr.I hope that everything goes well for you.Good Luck and God Bless.

Tomorrow's the day!! Whooooohoooooo...Its been such a long wait and now its finally here!! I plan on doing laundry and making up found and freezing it for the family today, gotta keep busy!! Thanks for all the great info and I will keep you all posted!

Hope you all are doing well!!!!!! I'm still in the process... Went for consult on Sept 26th, go to nutrition consult on the 20th of October, need to have my psych stuff faxed to the Doc.... I have a question??? I started a supervised diet in August, just in case that is what insurance requires. I am seeing Dr Nease in Huntington and the lady I've spoken with at the office tells me I need 6 months...... How does she know if they haven't contacted my insurance??? I know most do, but the insurance I have is BCBS of Mass, and from the info on their web site, and other posts, it doesn't sound like they require that, just a letter of referal. What should I do to get them to contact insurance after I have all my consults to get this ball rollin' ??????

to find out what I needed I called and pestered the insurance and talked to several different people. told me I needed 6 months so I did that lol everything is getting submitted tomorrow.

I finally convinced the insurance lady to send in my info to BCBS..... she did this on the 28th of oct..... i called BCBS today and they gave me a precert number and told me everything would be covered 100%..... now if i can get the dr's office to call me back to see whats next so i can try to get this done by the first of the year, since my insurance will be changing....

Keep your fingers crossed that I hear from her tomorrow and hopefully I can get a surgery date too!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all!!!!! I got my surgery date..... Dec 29th..... I know I should be excited right now but I won't be until I see the Dr and he tells me surgery IS on... monday I did my lab work, EKG, and chest xray. xray fine, had to repeat the EKG because the first one said I have had a heart attack at one point, while having that repeated at my PCP (which was normal) she told me my PTH (parathyroid hormone) is elevated, so now I have to have a parathyroid ultrasound. After doing some research about elevated PTH, it really explains why I feel like crap 24/7, almost all of the symptoms of an elevated PTH i've been dealing with for sometime except for high blood pressure. So depending on the outcome of the ultrasound, worst case scenario I will need surgery to have them removed, in a weird way I hope that is what is going on, just so I can start feeling better, which in return will help me be even more successful with the band!

Anywho enough about me how is everyone doing???

Diagnosis of Parathyroid Disease. Diagnose Parathyroid Disease by High Calcium and Parathyroid Hormone Levels. Hyperparathyroidism diagnosis is on parathyroid.com.

Parathyroid hormone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for anyone else who has had this issue!!!!

Tomorrow ismy big day!! :laugh:

Froggi - Good Luck tomorrow. It will be the beginning of a new you.

Tomorrow is my 8th month bandaversary!!! I have lost 30 pounds before surgery and 70 since.

Hello all,

I am going into my PCP on Dec. 8th to discuss getting the "paperwork" started for the band. Do any of you know anything about the Dr. from Princeton that does this? How long does the process take? I so want to do this, but my biggest fear is dying on the table and leaving my DH and 3 kiddos. I'm currently 280lbs and I'm only 5'6. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Crystal - I live in Princeton, but had surgery in Roanoke. Dr. Duremedes had not started doing lap band yet. My SIL had her surgery at Princeton. She is a nurse at the hospital and it took 6 months of supervised weight loss with the PA at Smith/Remines office. She works with the doctor and totally trusts him. I worried more about dying from problems from obesity than I did about the surgery. I HAD sleep apnea and high blood pressure and was on my way to being diabetic. I started my process in December weighing in at a heafty 304. Had surgery in March (274) and now I am at 201. Getting close to Onderland. I may be a faster loser than most. Good luck!!!

Sugarbean,

If you have to do the 6 mo. thing will they still do the surgery if you drop below being 100lbs overweight during the 6 mo.? If I really work hard at it I can drop weight, but I have never been able to keep it off. I always end up doing the yo-yo thing. I have been overweight since 2nd grade and my lowest weight as an adult was 210. Thanks for any input and it's nice to see someone else from the area

Crystal

Well, I went to the Dr. today and she is setting me up with the prelim visits and she wants me to go to Charleston to see a Dr. Rosi? Does anyone know anything about him? She said that the Dr. in Princeton was good however, he didn't like to do fills and there was not a point to banding if the Dr. didn't want to do the fills. Anyway, That is what I know so far. ANY advice or info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Crystal