Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from WV???

Hey all!!!!!! I'm in WV in the charleston area... I've been contemplating having the lap band and finally set up an appointment for a consultation last week, so far they say my insurance will approve due to my BMI and other health issues. I have my nutrition consult the 24th and will soon have a psych appt. I'm kind of skeptical about the physician that I have chosen. While reading there is a post from dtoliver that he/she received some disturbing news regarding Dr. Bali.... Does anyone know anything about him, dtoliver can you contact me and let me know, what you've heard and what you think so far????

jlg1019

I am from Princeton as well. I was banded 3/24/08 in Roanoke, VA by Dr. Bruce Long. My sister-in-law is just about ready to have her surgery done at PCH.

Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by SugarBean

Hi from Princeton, WV. I had my surgery March 27,2008 at PCH hospital. I was their first and do not regret it at all. I have lost 35 lbs., but feel like I could have done a lot better. I have had no fills, as my Doc says as long as I lose around 6lbs per month....no fills. Its not as easy and quick as I thought and I still have to drum up my own willpower to do most of it. But, if I were not losing this little bit a month, I'd be gaining it per month. Good luck!!! I love southern WV with all of its lovely trails and parks to walk in. jlg1019

I hate to hear this. While you are losing, you could be losing more with the fill. You are not getting the benefit of the band. I'd think your doctor would want you to be a success if you were there first at that facility. He's not giving you the best chance. Put something heavy in your pockets and tell him your losing your will power and your afraid without the fill, you will not be successful. Maybe the truth is he's afraid to give the fill. Check into Fill Center USA (I think that's the name) and see if you can find one in your area. I'm fairly sure there are some in Virginia. Maybe a few hour drive would be worth it.

Good luck.

HI, Sorry...I've had my hands full.....and quess what...I had my first fill and its working....now I know what it feels like once again to be full. It turns out that I have the largest band, so I had 2cc. I had to go to Day Surgery...it was hard to find...at a slant, I think. Wish me luck. jlg1019:rolleyes:

Hi....quess what...had a fill finally...2cc ( I have the largest band). It is definitely working....feel much fuller. Hope I can do better. Thanks for your concern! I got a little discouraged, but hope I'll have good news this month.jlg1019

I hate to hear this. While you are losing, you could be losing more with the fill. You are not getting the benefit of the band. I'd think your doctor would want you to be a success if you were there first at that facility. He's not giving you the best chance. Put something heavy in your pockets and tell him your losing your will power and your afraid without the fill, you will not be successful. Maybe the truth is he's afraid to give the fill. Check into Fill Center USA (I think that's the name) and see if you can find one in your area. I'm fairly sure there are some in Virginia. Maybe a few hour drive would be worth it.

Good luck.

Just FYI but West Virginia and Virginia are two different states...:confused2:

lolol :wink2: west virginiaaaaaaa mountain momma take me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee country roads!!!

That's why it says a "few hour drive (to Virginia) would be worth it".

Now Steph and kdlee...lets not argue over WV and VA or I will send you both to your rooms for time out!!! She did say "travel a few hrs.,"however", but we're all friends here. And remember...we're all HUNGREY!!:)

We're wild and wonderful...thank god it isn't open for business anymore. That was cheesy.

No arguing here. :thumbup: Just sticking up for her. I may live in Ohio now, but I am a WV girl at heart.

We're wild and wonderful...thank god it isn't open for business anymore. That was cheesy.

'Open for business' was the dumbest slogan! Wild and Wonderful is classic!

'Open for business' was the dumbest slogan! Wild and Wonderful is classic!

I couldn't agree with you more.:thumbup:

Don't forget to add me on yahoo dear. lol I go see Lindsey again on Tuesday YAYYYYYYYYYY:smile:

Girls - I live in WV and work in VA. WVU/Hokie fans depending if I am at work or at home. Sometimes it feels like two totally different worlds.

StephD,

Sorry I missed your reply. I'm not confused. I know exactly where WV and Virginia are. I am very familiar with both.

If my post wasn't clear, let me try again. What I was suggesting was that if a doctor would not give you a fill, you weren't getting the benefit of the band. It is often hard for a patient to find a different doctor for aftercare/fills. Fill Center USA seemed to be an option. I don't believe there is one in WV, at least not the last time I researched. On the other hand Virginia (which borders WV) did have several Fill Center USA locations from what I recall. I do realize that Virginia may not be close, depending on where you live in WV, so one of the other bording states might be a better choice if you needed fills from someone other than your original surgeon and you were willing to travel to get it.

The poster that I replied to did get a fill, so I'm guessing she didn't need to travel.