Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna..and gaining weight?

I was determined to self-pay, but I called my insurance company today and they will pay 100% if my BMI is over 40 and I do 6 months with a Dr. under a diet program first. I am 7 lbs away from my BMI being 40.

7 lbs is nothing right? I could gain that in no time. I know it seems silly to gain weight first, but it's only 7 lbs and I could keep my $15K I was gonna pay. Any thoughts?

wear 2 1/2 pound ankle weights on each leg when you get weighed in. I don't know about your doc's office but I've noticed that most of the time at mine they don't even pay attention since who in their right mind would want to weigh more??? LOL :biggrin: Oh yeah and wear really long pants and bring a bag big enough to drop the weights in when they leave you in the room alone. :)

I'm sort of in your same boat. I have to gain weight to qualify for insurance. I do have comorbidities, they are "weak". So....I'm gaining the weight and it sounds fun but I physically feel disgusting, and am having a hard time looking in the mirror....and have outgrown all of my "fat clothes" I weigh in on Friday and if I "qualify" it will all be worth it but I am still one pound below my target, fully clothed. Oh ya, after watching Supersized I decided that would be the best way to gain the weight. After a week of fast food I was physically sick. I am not overweight cause I eat this way all the time, I do overeat, but not with fast food. It was fun at first to eat all the stuff that helped me gain weight. I literally made myself sick. My blood work came back with major Vitamin defecits, I now have high cholesterol, my blood sugar has a pre-diabetic curve, and so on...all made soooooo much worse by me purposely gaining weight. If I felt it was honest to wear ankle weights I so would have done that rather then gain the weight (about 10 pounds.)

just my 2 cents.

I don't know but be careful ...I'm in the same dilemma and I think they could ask to see past proof that you had a 40 BMI for the past year! I would check this out before gaining. I am 38.5 BMI ...it's so frustrating...if I only had not gone to the gym for all those years! crazy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches