Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is great!!

Hey everyone, this is great! Now we have a place to come and discuss PCOS related issues. Thanks Alex!

Some of our topics can get a little graphic, lol! I'm excited about this!

Renewed, did you ever start back taking Metformin? I've been off of my Actos Metformin since my fill last Tuesday. I wasn't able to eat enough food and I was feeling light-headed and drugged all the time. I've just started to eat a little bit of meat and more textured foods, so I'll probably start back taking it tomorrow.

I was just wondering if it was working okay for you if you are taking it.

I started it, but only took it for about 1 week. I didn't have the really bad stomach symptoms that I had the first time, but, like the first time, I just really feel drained when I take it. I may start again. I can't decide, but for now I am not taking it.

I go for my more "agressive" fill on Friday. I am really kinda nervous.

The scales are just not moving right now. I started back at the gym today, so hopefully that will help. I am also following Atkins more closely. I am not counting carbs, etc, but I am focusing on eating low carb foods.

Good luck with the fill, I hope it's "the one". I can tell a huge difference since my last fill, I just hope it lasts this time.

My scales haven't been moving either, but it's mostly because of me. I haven't been able to exercise and I've been eating crappy food. As soon as this ear infection is better, I am going to start really working on my exercising.

Does the Metformin make you feel drained? I have enough hormone issues as it is and I haven't had any energy in months, but I have noticed since I've been taking my new medications, I have even less energy. It's depressing because I just want to feel good again. I think one of my biggest problems is sleep deprivation. I just ordered a relaxation CD that's supposed to help you go to sleep a few days ago. I really think I have insomnia, I usually stay up till at least 2 am, sometimes 3 am and I don't take naps during the day either (Except today, I was up all night with my ear hurting, so when my son takes his nap, so am I).

I don't know if feeling tired is a known side effect of metformin, but for me, it seems that I am more fatigued when I take it. I also have not worn my cpap for the past few nights, and i don't think I am ready to kick it to the curb yet, as much as I wish I were.

I am really working on simplifying life around here. Our 2 oldest foster kids went to live with there grandmother on Friday. We miss them, but boy is our house quieter. I also put my son back in public school on Monday. We had been homeschooling him this year, and he really misses his friends at school, so we let him go back. So now it's just me and the 15th month old and 4 month old boys during the day. I really want to make it work financially so that I can continue to stay home. I know you are a SAHM too and know the challenges that presents at times.

Anyway, I am rambling. I hope your ear is lots better real soon!!

Renewedhope

I'm sorry about your foster kids, I know you miss them, but at least they are with family.

It really is a challenge being a SAHM, financially speaking. My husband and I have made a lot of changes in order to make it work. I've been a SAHM for almost 2 years now and I just can't imagine it any other way. I am truly blessed for the opportunity to do this.

We had actually thought about about homeschooling our son, but I think we have decided against it for now. I'm actually taking some online courses to become a medical transcriptionist so I can work from home. I'm not sure what the future holds for us in regards to having another baby. We decided it would be a good idea for me to work from home in case we do decide to have another kiddo (after I reach my goal weight).

Speaking of goal weight, I'm really having a rough time right now with food. I just got a fill and I think I may be at my sweet spot, but I keep eating all this junk food. I've actually gained a couple of pounds. It's really depressing. I hope once I start feeling better, I will make this weight loss happen. Sorry for rambling, but it's nice to have someone to talk to about this. My husband just doesn't understand. Don't get me wrong, he's great and supportive of my weight loss.......it's just hard because he keeps junk food in the house. I keep telling him he needs to start eating healthy and try to lose weight with me, but you can't make someone do it. It would be so much easier if he would do this with me. He probably needs to lose about 60 lbs. I worry about his health because his bloodwork came back that his "good cholestorol" is low and is "bad cholestorol" is high. The doctor put him on a diet a few months ago and he just wouldn't stick to it. The new bloodwork from a few days ago came back even worse.

Again, sorry to ramble, just needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening. How have you been doing with the dieting?

Hey everyone, this is great! Now we have a place to come and discuss PCOS related issues. Thanks Alex!

Some of our topics can get a little graphic, lol! I'm excited about this!

I am *so* excited to see this forum up and running! I was hoping us PCOS Sisters would get our own little place on the board to share our experiences with one another. Yay!

I am *so* excited to see this forum up and running! I was hoping us PCOS Sisters would get our own little place on the board to share our experiences with one another. Yay!

I know, I'm stoked about it too! It really is good we have this forum, it's our own little private room, and we need it...........because we all know the side effects of PCOS can be a little embarassing sometimes, lol!

well, I went for my fill today. She put another 1cc. That's a total of 8.5cc. Man o man. I could only drink very small sips of Water, but I thought I would tough it out over the weekend. Well, at 4:30 I was back in her office. She took .5 out so now I have 8cc. I am can tell that I am quiet tight, but not too much. I am on liquids for today. I can start soft food in the morning, so we'll see how it goes. I may do pretty much liquids for the weekend since I can tell I am really tight.

Georgia, CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! I am so glad that your hard work is paying off!! It sure is exciting to see those scales moving down.

BTW, we got 2 new foster kids on Wednesday night. They are 2 and 3. A boy and a girl. They are the sweetest little kiddos. Now we have a 4 month old, a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 3 year old (she will be 4 on Sunday), and a 9 year old. Never a dull moment around here. They are a lot of fun.

Amy

Renewed

Congrats on the fill, I hope this one works out. My last one had me eating soft foods for a while, about a week probably. Take it easy and slow and hopefully you will be able to eat okay.

Congrats on the kiddos! It just warms my heart to hear that you take in these kids and you love doing it. I now see why you haven't been posting much, lol!

Well, I finally got my hubby serious about the cholesterol and diet. We bought new groceries tonight and I threw away ALL the unhealthy stuff.

Thanks for the compliment on the weight loss. I've worked hard this week and I hope I didn't ruin all my hard work. DH and I went to applebee's tonight, kinda for a "last supper" meal for him. Well, I ordered the Spinach and Artichoke dip........WITH THE TORTILLAS :thumbup:! Well, I guess we'll see in the morning.

So cool that your husband is on board with you. That makes such a big difference. There are worse last suppers you could have had with him than spinach dip and tortillas. It really looks like these kids will be with us for an extended period of time. They are so sweet. I haven't posted much lately. I have read posts but that's about it. When we get new kids there is a transition period for all of us. It's a little crazy sometimes. dr appointments, getting them clothes, etc. We are beginning to settle in so hopefully I will begin posting more.

Amy

I am officially not obese enough to have lapband surgery even if I had comorbidities. My BMI this morning is 34.5.

Georgia, How is your ear?? Are you sleeping better?

Renewed, that's great! NSV's are always so exciting.....you are doing great!

My ear is so much better, it's almost completely back to normal and my leg feels better too. Me and DH are going to start walking Monday if the weather permits, it's been raining with thunderstorms here for the past couple of days.

I ordered a 2 disc CD set (doctor's orders) to help me sleep and they came in yesterday. I just need to get some new headphones for my Portable CD player (the kind that you stick in your ears). Since I am a stomach and side sleeper, the ones that sit on the head and go over the ears didn't work to well last night. I listened to the "sleepy rain" one last night and I think it's going to help me fall asleep faster. I've gotta do something because I'm getting dark circles under my eyes, and I can't be having that, lol!