Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared about actual surgery

check out my blog (you'll need to click on the calendar on the right side and start with the 4th of march) - i've documented everything with pictures from the beginning to today from my surgery!!! it was such an amazing experience - but like you i was so nervous. i know you'll be just fine!

Cheers to Versed sp? Last year I had an ablation and then a hysterectomey...I was so scared about surgery and being put out...The Versed is amazing...and if you are a talker...watch out you will say the most amazing of things!! :drool: As I contemplate my banding...I am nervous again but I know I'll do fine after an open full hysterectomy...

I too am claustrophobic so I hope they can put the cannules on instead of the mask...coarse, I am waiting for my apnea test back and may be used to a mask by then????

After my June surgery I thought...see...you can do this...maybe next year you can have Bariatric surgery...and hear I am...in the process!

Thank you to all who were so helpful in describing their experiences...I know we all have our fears...it helps to air them.

I was picked up at my motel early the morning of my surgery. Taken to the hospital, where I was ask the same questions by about 20 people minimally!!! What was my name--what are we doing to you today---the usual!!!

I was taken from admissions directly to my room. They got me undressed and in a gown, put my hospital bracelets on, did a blood draw, started an IV, the surgeon come in and discussed the band with me again--for the 3rd time! The anesthesioligist come in and ask me if I had any fears, and reassured me all was going to be fine. Then I had about 20 minutes where my DH and I just kinda sat there looking at each other!! Then they come after me! They gave me a surgical cap to tuck my hair up in...helped me put it on. I kissed DH in the room, then they told him he could walk down with me until just when they wheeled me into the OR. So he did. When we got there, they let him give me another kiss---they all made kissy noises and teased us! We rolled into the OR--and everyone was speaking to me--double checking who I was and what we were doing again, then they had me slide from the hospital bed I was in, onto the operating table. My surgeon told me this machine was what he would use to look inside and do the surgery....I was trying to look at it and talk to him, and they put some oxygen on me, and pulled one of my arms out to the side, and hooked me up to a blood pressure cuff. Then he told me he was going to give me a margarita--and he put something in my IV, I got very relaxed, and unable to really form words....almost out, then he said he was going to give me a 2nd margarita, and said "night night mija"....and that was all I remember!!! I woke up it seemed like seconds later, groggy and they kept telling me I was fine the surgery went well, and I would doze off, and they would wake me up again---pretty soon they kept telling me to breath deep----and as soon as I did that, I went ahead and woke up ok. Within an hour, I was not only back in my room, but getting up and ready to walk---not long after that I was walking every chance I got. I had no gas issues. The surgery was an easy one----nothing like others I have had.

If that didn't answer what you wanted to know--let me know!!!

Hang in there, it is not nearly as traumatic as I bet you are imagining it!!

Kat

Thanks for the relief comedy! 1 margarita, 2 margarita... LIGHTS OUT!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I just got the approval today for my operation which made me very happy but, when I read some of the post on here you guys scare the hell out of me:scared2:.

Oh sorry Witchbabe... no one is trying to scare you!!! I always find information...even unpleasant stuff better than needless worry! YOU are SO LUCKY to have your date....I'm WAITING!!!!!! I really don't want it until June but I am worried the times will fill up fast....HURRY up UNITED!!!!!