Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Albuquerque

Hi,

I'm a newbie to LBT, and thought I'd join this group if you'll have me! I'm a mother of two, and grandmother of 4 1/3 (so far, all boys!). Before retiring on SSDisability in 7/06, due to Fibromyalgia, I was an RN, Certified Diabetes Educator, but I've worked in lots of other specialties before that! I try to keep myself busy(?) with beading and counted cross stitch, but I haven't yet seen a need to have the "Senior Social Life" that some of my patients have!! I figure that it's time to relax after 38 years of mostly full time working!

I had a Realize Band placed on 12/3/07 by Robin Blackstone, MD at Scottsdale Healthcare, as well as a huge hiatal hernia repair. I've had two fills so far, and this one seems to have given me some restriction. It's much harder to know, though, because it's not as clear as it was for the first 3 weeks post-op.

Hope to make some friends here, and to become one too!

Hi Jean---I haven't made it to the 60-somethings group yet, but just saw your thread and wanted to say Hi from Farmington!!

Nice to have another New Mexican on LBT!!! Good Luck! Next time I head to Albq---will be the 25th---taking my Dad to Presbyterian for a follow up appointment!

Kat

Hi, Kat,

Thanks for the welcome! I think that NM is getting up there in the numbers of Lap-banders. It would be easier if we had a good surgeon in state, but I'm very happy with mine.

I hope to do as well as a lot of others, but I've been off to a slightly slower start - I've lost 21lbs, not counting the 11 lbs of Water right after surgery. But, I'm so glad that I did this. It was worth every penny that I've spent.

Have a safe trip down here on the 25th. :unsure:

since your post was titled greetings from Albuquerque, should I take it you live in Albuquerque, NM? Just asking as I live in Farmington, NM.

Welcome Jean: I also have the Realize band (02-12-08) and have had trouble getting on the realizemysuccess website. Can't get the proper information from my dr. office. still working on it tho.

I also do cross stitch my favorites are Marilyn Levitt-Imblum, if you are familar with her Lavendar & Lace, Butternut Road, Told in a Garden patterns. I used to be a model stitcher for her and some of my work ended up on the picture for the product.

I also had a Hiatel Hernia repair during surgery. Wonder how that effects recovery? I'm feeling pretty good at 8 days out.

HI jeanieb, Welcome to our site. I'm way up in cold snowy Wi. So glad to have you join our site. I'm another nurse, working 1 day a week now. Seems like 1/2 of lapbanders are nurses! I think we all learned to "eat as much as fast as we can because it might be hours before we get another chance!" So what is the temp in NM now? Oh maybe I would be better off not knowing. :)

Hi, everyone,

Thanks so much for the welcome! Yes, I do live in Abq. It's cloudy and cool here today -43 degrees, but expect it to be around 60 again by Sunday.

Sharon, you are so right. I never have to worry about taking more than 20minutes to eat because I haven't in more than 40years!!

Sharon160, if anything, I no longer have the breakthrough reflux that I had, even after taking medication twice each day!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

23_33_6.gif Hi, from Silver City, NM. I lived in Albuquerque area for over 13 years, Corrales. My kids & grankids all live in ABQ. I divorced my husband in 2001 and moved to Silver City with my BF. Love New Mexico. I fly from Tucson to San Diago for my fills (in Tiajuana, Mexico. Dr. Gonzales). Had my surgery in Sept 2007. I've been on lapbandtalk.com since before the surgery; except lately:

I'm guilty of ignoring my diet and of posting on LapBandTalk. My BF wants to buy a house in Livingston Montana and I have been sooooooooooooooo busy looking for one. We'll use it for a summer house and head back to New Mexico for winter. We're heading out Monday morning for Montana. We'll just sit there in the RV until we find just the right house for both of us. I like Victorian and he likes practical.

I won't be using the net unless I find a wifi connection.

Jean

So glad to hear you are doing well. I used same surgeon you did. I have tried pm ing you but not sure if you got them.

Let us hear from you.

I continue to do well, but due to "scale phobia" I will not know what I have lost till my next visit and fill on May 8th.