Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Apt Tomorrow

Well it's official. I am on my way to a healthier, skinner me. Tomorrow I go to my first appointment and if all goes well I should have my surgery next month. I can't wait, I'm so excited.

I went to a seminar Saturday and I have been flyin' ever since. This is really going to happen!

Is there anything that I need to remember to ask tomorrow? I know that I will not remember anything when I get to my appointment. So I need to have a list!

Again EKKK....

hey, i have my 1st appt today...i am nervous....but with my insurance i have to weigh in for at least 6 months...i was wondering about the psychologist visit??? i am worried that i will say the wrong thing....does everyone have to go to a seminar? i have seen that on a lot of pages...they don't have any close by where i live....so i will have to travel a little if you have to go....wish me luck, and back at ya....

I have my frist appt with my surgen tomorrow , I allready went threw the ins process and was approved,so Iam in need of the same info,what to ask ect, good luck at your appt ,,,

Welcome. You can ask whatever concerns you...

1. Where do you place the port (location in the abdomen)?

2. How long is the pre-op diet?

3. What tests are required before the surgery?

4. Can I continue to take all my medications post-op?

5. When do you allow the first fill to be scheduled?

6. When will I meet with the anesthesiologist?

7. How long will I be in the hospital?

8. Who will do my fills? The surgeon usually does the first and then the PA or NP follows you in many cases.

9. How does the post-op diet progress?

10. What do you prescribe for post-op pain?

11. When can I go back to work?

12. When can I start to exercise?

I think those are the one's that you might want to ask. As for the psychologist appt., it's no big deal. They ask questions and fill out a form and it takes about an hour. The required psych exam and dietician consult were NOT covered by insurance and cost me a combined $450 out of pocket so be prepared. Finally, read as many posts as you can and write down questions they might provoke. Good luck on your surgery.

when my surgery center called and told me i had approval and scheduled my surgery, they sent me paperwork and included was an access code to a computer generated video in regard to the surgery. it was very informative and answered a lot of surgical questions as well as overall expectations of comfort, weightloss, eating, etc. i wish they had handed me this a few weeks ago prior to meeting with the surgeon. ask if your surgeon has access to Emmiready, that is the video. it is very simplistic but really covers a lot of the basics before and after. So research it and research it some more, you will be glad you did. it is much better to educate yourself then rely on others. this site is a pleathera of info, use it to your advantage. and revel in knowing you have a tool to a healthy life style!! woo hoo! g2s

Today’s the day!

I wonder how long it will take to get a date for my surgery. I am paying cash, so I don't have to worry with insurance. Any guesses... I want it now!