Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things went real bad!!

Hello Everyone, I am Saffron's mother...and yes she had a horrible experience and I got to see it first hand. However, she is one of the bravest troopers I have ever seen...kind of hard seeing your daughter laying in the emergency room close to death with one of the most caring doctors I have ever seen in my lifetime trying to save her life...Even harder when she looked into my eyes as they wheeled her back into surgery sayig "Mom I don't want to die, I am to young" She knew as well as I that we were running on a time frame and it was a life or death time frame...my heart was sinking...however I could not show my weakness in her time of need...all I could do was tell her "It is going to be ok honey, hang in there" My heart crying out for intervention the whole time...knowing that I might of just signed my daughters death sentence but had no choice...it was one of the hardest things if not the hardest that I have done in my life...standing there alone watching her go back into surgery... she is right her doctor is so compassionate and loving...not only after the surgery but before the first surgery as well...it was not his fault and the only explanation I can think of is that it was just not meant to happen. This does not merit him being a bad doctor nor does it merit the surgery being a bad surgery...it just means that sometimes things are just not meant to happen...even in the best of circumstances. Saffron, is clueless to my knowledge of this site...her sister let me in on it and I hope she does not mind me adding my two cents...However, I think it is necessary to let others know that sometimes reguardless of how careful we are and how careful others are things can go wrong. Personally, I feel blessed to have a daughter that does not pass judgement on things that cannot be controlled and love her so much for going on with the strength that she has and the belief in the good of others...Hope you do not get upset with me for adding my two cents...but you know that I love you so much and am proud of you for being the person that you have become...hang in there girlfriend...and for the rest of you...I hope that you all are blessed with good surgeries and understand that you need to be very careful and have great attitudes in anything you do in life. Have a blessed day...Mom

That is great that you're giving the doc the benefit of the doubt, but those holes in saffron's stomach had to be caused either by the band, or by the surgeons instruments. This doesn't mean he's a bad surgeon.....sometimes freak things happen to even the best of docs (which is what I think you were trying to say). Speedy recovery, Red Saffron.