Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couple of post-op concerns

Has anyone been advised by their physician that they will need a lifetime of GI series? My doc didn't tell me that, but his associate did the day after the surgery. I forgot how often he said because he blew me away with this news. Said something about I'll always have to watch for esophagus problems (erosion?) or something with my stomach. He also said the surgery was the easiest part of this whole thing and not really sure what that was supposed to mean. He says the TV talk shows with people who were banded are so misleading and that diet and exercise is so key to success. I was under the impression the band kinda gives you a full feeling so I'll be able to control my impulsive eating. Now I'm hoping I won't regret being banded. I had no idea I needed to follow up with the surgeon every few weeks & then every 6 months either. Another little tidbit they left out is the band isn't inflated at all for 8 weeks after surgery. I'm so afraid of becoming ravenously hungry just having broth, Jello & 3 Optifast drinks for that long. And, I don't really get it. If I have to work so hard at not eating after getting the band along with increased exorcise, what's its advantage?

Hi. I was banded on 1-17-08. My Dr. did not say anything about needing GI series. As far as diet and exercise I know I am going to have to do. But the good thing is I am really never hungry and when I am it only takes a small amout to feel me up and I have no salin in my band yet. The hardest thing for me has been my mind. I see things and want to eat even though I am not hungry, but even that is starting to get better. It just takes time for us to get used to the over night change in our lives. It will be worth it though. Just hang in there everyday gets easier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches