Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jon Schram patient with Realize Bands Michigan

I have a few question I hope you can help me with, how did you find Dr. Schram ? How do you think he makes things diffrent if you think he does ?

And what are your thoughts about your new Realize Band Like's and Dislikes?

And when you where looking for a Realize band ?

Are you Dr. Schram?

nope just figuring things out i charged my posted, maybe to direct. sorry

do you have a realize band and do you like it?

I have just noticed that in many (most) threads you write you make it a point to push Dr. Schram and it looks curious. Many threads asking if they like Dr. Schram, what he does that patients like, that he does fills on anyone, everyone should go to him, etc. No mention of other doctors, just Dr. Schram.

It just looks kinda hinky. It looks VERY much like you are Dr. Schram.

No, I have an Inamed band. I don't care for the company Inamed but I like their bands a great deal. J&J... I like the company but I don't like the bands.

I wish that we could combine the two, get Realize manufacturers to take over Inamed. :wink_smile: But since that will never happen people need to find the band that is right for them.

From reading various boards it seems like it takes longer to get to a sweet spot with Realize, likely due to the size. Same thing happens with the large Inamed band. It just seems to take more fills and that is annoying for newbies, and rightfully so. It prolongs bandster hell. On another forum there are 4 people that have 10-13cc in their Realize bands and they still have no restriction whatsoever. That is concerning to me. I haven't seen that in those with Inamed 4cc bands.

you have done your research alot like me. I am getting close. I am not just dive in person. with out total knowledge

Well, I'm confused. In your very first post on this site you say "I am here to support realize band patients I know a fair amount the realize system, I also have a support group, on myspace under groups for the Realize band patients."

This makes it seem like you are a rep for J&J available to support people who got this band. But your last post makes it seem like you are just another obese person thinking about WLS who hasn't even got a Realize band.

How can you run a support group if you aren't either a banded person or someone who is in the WLS field in a professional capacity?

Well, I'm confused. In your very first post on this site you say "I am here to support realize band patients I know a fair amount the realize system, I also have a support group, on myspace under groups for the Realize band patients."

This makes it seem like you are a rep for J&J available to support people who got this band. But your last post makes it seem like you are just another obese person thinking about WLS who hasn't even got a Realize band.

How can you run a support group if you aren't either a banded person or someone who is in the WLS field in a professional capacity?

Exactly.

I have a hunch the support extends further to Dr. Schram's patients. :)

I didn't become annoyed until the usual US thinking regarding Mexican banded patients started being posted. (different thread, of course that post went unanswered) We get what we get due to a discounted surgery. I got a whole heck of a lot more than I would have if I would have had surgery in the US.

It's just not wise to even be subtle about slamming Mexican banded patients. Last long term poll I saw here shows that 55% of people posting had surgery in Mexico and 45% had surgery in the US. I don't think Mexican surgeons are going away anytime soon so to make subtle digs is not the brightest of moves. It tends to make Mexican banded patients not think highly of some US surgeons when it comes time to refer someone to a surgeon that does have insurance and will be getting surgery in the US.

I'm not anti-US for surgery, obviously, considering I live in the US. I am pro-get surgery in whatever way you have to that is safe and research your surgeon regardless of where you go.

Any of these doctors who "don't like Inamed" remember - you built your practice on the LapBand and you have made thousands of dollars off the LapBand - Not the Realize band

Any of these doctors who "don't like Inamed" remember - you built your practice on the LapBand and you have made thousands of dollars off the LapBand - Not the Realize band

I think that probably a lot of it comes down to which company offers the doc the best perks. For many docs right now the Realize band is cheaper, the Mexican docs are passing the savings onto the patients, I haven't seen any US docs who are passing that savings on to patients yet. Not saying they aren't out there, I just haven't seen them.

Inamed will pay a bulk of advertising costs for the doctor IF they are in the US. Canadian, Mexican, and Aussie docs have to pay their own advertising. Of course, they get the band at a reduced cost as well. So it's a competition between companies to see who can be more appealing to the doctors for financial gain. It has little to do with which band is better. They essentially do the same thing, restrict your ability to eat large quantities of food.

BTW, I notice that the original poster changed their ID from "Realize Support" to "Realize Journey"... isn't that six of one, half dozen of another?