Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who knew!!!!

Who would have thought that a cup of ricotta cheese would have made you feel guilty. We've come a long way on this journey.

Congratulations. I can hardly wait for the cottage cheese stage.

Actually, today I'm looking forward to the restriction! It seems like 3 weeks is SO far away. I had my first "oops" today. I've been so hungry eating just a few ounces. Tonight I made a recipe I saw here somewhere with ricotta cheese and spaghetti sauce & parmesan. It tasted like lasagna without the noodles. I made a full cup of it, planning to eat half and save the other half for tomorrow.

Well, guess what....I ate the whole thing. And even though I don't have restriction - I feel like I just ate a whole Thanksgiving dinner. I'm hoping it will stay down. I know its a far cry from the kind of overeating I did before the band - but I still feel very naughty. Uggg. I think I'd better go and lay down!!

Oh you poor thing!!! I hope you feel better! When you get up tomorrow just get back on track and you'll be fine!

Who would have thought that a cup of ricotta cheese would have made you feel guilty. We've come a long way on this journey.

Congratulations. I can hardly wait for the cottage cheese stage.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of "who knew" moments in our journeys!!

Hi everyone, I'm a Pre-Bandster... and thank you soooo much for your thoughts and ideas, you guy's have taken a lot of the 'Scary unknown' feeling I had and changed my perspective, now I'm excited and trying to imagine what it will be like when I'm in your stage. Jax your husband sounds like mine with the pants story lol. and what on earth is a NSV? I've heard it a few times on this site and have no clue what it means!lol sorry :) I was wondering, how long was it before you started seeing the weight come off? I don't want to set too high of expectations... I'm trying to find out as much as posible! thanks!

Welcome to the family of bandsters. You're gonna love it. The band works for you when you work with it. And keep in mind that you won't have good restriction for several months so you will have to work hard at what you eat until the band can help you out more.

An NSV is a Non-Scale Victory. It's anything that isn't pounds you lost. Might be a friend not recognizing you from the back, fitting into theater seats better, etc.

For me the weight started coming of 2 weeks prior to surgery with the pre-op diet. I lost 16 pounds then and after that it was 10-12 pounds a month for the first 6 months. Then it slowed down a bit to about 8 pounds a month. Now I'm having trouble but I have some issues going on and should be back to dropping soon. I had just over 200 pounds to lose though so I was losing it a bit faster than you would if you had less to lose.

Good luck and enjoy your new life. Always remember that the band is only a tool and you have to do the work, it just makes it easier.

Can't wait for tuna sound like a banquet to me