Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From Fidget in San Diego

Hi everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've found this site to be invaluable! I've learned so much and I can't wait to get my band - I'm looking at getting mine done in TJ since my HMO's idea of WLS is duct tape! ermm.gif

Just waiting for someone to pay back a loan and then I'm SO there! Time to get off the yo-yo dieting roller-coaster caused by my seeming ability to un-hinge my jaw like a giant anaconda and consume the entire contents of my fridge in one fell swoop. redface.gif

Also gonna get a treadmill and walk while watching TV instead of methodically eating non-stop while watching The Simpsons or whatever's on HBO. Not to mention the added perk of being able to exercise in the privacy of my apartment so my scary morning hair and faded Target sweat pants are only seen by my cat and Princess thinks I'm great no matter what I look like.

Again - I love this site! Hugs to all of you and I hope to be joining the ranks of the banded soon! banana.gif

Fidget

Hi Fidget!

Sounds like you have a great game plan there. Good luck with your plans and we'll save a place in bandland for you!!

Love SD, by the way. My bro lives out there so I've visited a few times. You have, hands down, the best weather in the U.S. :)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the encouragement. And yes - we do have fantastic weather - which is why I pay a fortune for a one-bedroom apartment. Yikes!

Fidget

Welcome Fidget and Hope to see you on the banded side real soon.

Only been to SD once loved it, By brother lives in Escondido was amazed by the Ocean and all it Glory.

You sure are lucky

I'm looking at losing 80-90 lbs. Is it scary to wish you "only" weighed 200 lbs? I remember when I first saw that number on the scale and I wanted to cry - heck, I'd kiss an armadillo to be that now!! :)

Fidget,

Hi! I just read your introduction and wanted to let you know that I just had my surgery in TJ on Wednesday (Dr. Ortiz). It is now Saturday and I'm feeling surprisingly well!! The surgery was much easier than I expected! The only pain I feel now is a bit at the port site. I've only felt a few twinges of hunger, but not too much to speak of! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!!

Monica

I'm looking at losing 80-90 lbs. Is it scary to wish you "only" weighed 200 lbs? I remember when I first saw that number on the scale and I wanted to cry - heck, I'd kiss an armadillo to be that now!! :)

After you get your band, would you like me to get an armadillo for you? LOL