Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I do if I am too tight?

Yesterday I had a fill around 9 in the morning. I was able to sip until around 6 in the evening. Now I am hurting and can't sip, and I can feel my saliva building up. I have been throwing up. I was unable to work today.

About 6 weeks ago I had a fill that was so tight that I was throwing up saliva every 30 minutes and had to have Fluid taken out. This one doesn't hurt quite that bad, but it's the same concept.

Has anyone experience this and waited it out to see if it gets better. I have lost 5 lbs since my adjustment yesterday probably all saliva

PLEASE HELP!!!!

If you can't keep your own saliva down, seek an unfill. I was there for about 6 hours and couldn't take it any longer. You don't want to go the whole weekend this way, especially since many places are closed Mon. See if you can get some out.

I am curious why your doctor would fill you so tight. You said you had a fill 6 weeks ago. Did you end up getting that entire fill unfilled, so that you went back in for a refill now? What symptoms were you having before this fill to make you feel that you needed another fill?

How much saline did you get in your fill, and what size band do you have? I have a real question as to why your doctor would let you go when you were having trouble with liquids. Or is it just that you experience some swelling after leaving the office? If so, cold liquids may help.

I had my second fill last month of .4 in a 4 cc band, bringing me up to 2.1 cc. Before I left the doctor's office i could tell I was having trouble with liquids and was starting to slime on a few sips of gatorade, so I went back into the doctor before I even left the office and had him take half of the fill out. Since then (January 10) I feel that I am still a bit too tight, since I often have difficulty eating and pb a couple times a week. I would never tolerate being as tight as you describe. It just isn't healthy. I would be back in his office for an unfill.

I am going to have Fluid removed tonight. I don't think my body likes the band. This is my second time swelling after a fill like this. 24 hours is long enough, it's not going to get any better.

I was able to sip for about 10 hours after my fill before I swelled up so bad. This happend the last time too. After I had to have Fluid removed 6 weeks ago, I had almost no restriction. I am not sure how much fluid is in my band, but I had my surgery last year Feb. 6. And, I have been having adjustments (small ones) every 6 to 8 weeks. But, now I need to get the band where it needs to be, but I have a swelling response.

Squirral:

I hope you get relief soon. You don't want to get dehydrated.

Take care.

Sue

I am much better now. The doctor said from now on they will be careful with my fills. She said that sometimes you can't go by what you see on the screen. I still have a good restriction she said.

I told her she was a miracle worker. I lost a total of 11lbs Water weight since yesterday.

I will sleep good tonight.

what do you mean by swelling? I had my first fill Thusday and was doing okay (a little gurgilling but was keeping everything down) Its 2 days out now and I am having problems with milk and some mushies. But I'm sick so I don't know if its mucus blocking me up (not to be gross) or if the band is to tight. Either way since its Saturday I'm sure I'm stuck till Tuesday because of the holiday....Nay thoughts would be appreciated

I've got the small AP band, and the owners manual gives general instructions on fills being every 4 to 6 weeks. I've followed that schedule and never had issues with fills until my fourth, which was the beginning of October. I have waited over four months to lose restriction and finally have, so will be making another appointment in the morning since my weight loss has significantly stalled. It took a lot of soul searching and paying attention to every bite I put in my mouth to decide to finally have another fill.

So you see everyone is different, and even the same person can vary widely from fill to fill. All docs vary, but my doc gives instructions to be on liquids for two to three days following a fill to allow for any swelling to go down.

I hope you got relief and didn't lose all restriction. The band is a phenomenal tool, but needs monitoring so we can use it to be the healthiest we can be.

Yesterday I had a fill around 9 in the morning. I was able to sip until around 6 in the evening. Now I am hurting and can't sip, and I can feel my saliva building up. I have been throwing up. I was unable to work today.

About 6 weeks ago I had a fill that was so tight that I was throwing up saliva every 30 minutes and had to have Fluid taken out. This one doesn't hurt quite that bad, but it's the same concept.

Has anyone experience this and waited it out to see if it gets better. I have lost 5 lbs since my adjustment yesterday probably all saliva

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have experienced the saliva but I don't know what causes it