Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating to much?

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if I'm eating to much? I have a 10cc band and have had 3 fills .. so far 6.75 cc's added to the band. I can still eat a pretty decent sized meal and I'm wondering if I'm eating too much. I do get the feeling of being full and stop but I don't want to strech my pouch. I had surgery 10/23/07 and I mainly eat lean meats and veggies! I've lost 38lbs in almost 4 months ... Am I on schedule? Just wanted some thoughts from everyone!!

bigron

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if I'm eating to much? I have a 10cc band and have had 3 fills .. so far 6.75 cc's added to the band. I can still eat a pretty decent sized meal and I'm wondering if I'm eating too much. I do get the feeling of being full and stop but I don't want to strech my pouch. I had surgery 10/23/07 and I mainly eat lean meats and veggies! I've lost 38lbs in almost 4 months ... Am I on schedule? Just wanted some thoughts from everyone!!

bigron

It sounds like to me that you're on track. I had my surgery on Halloween & I've lost 32 lbs.

Thanks for the reply Cowboys fan (although I'm in NY) Jets fan but also watch the GIANTS!! It just seems like my surgeon said I would be eating a lot less, maybe my next fill will get me over the hump.

bigron

I am right about where you are in my 10cc band and can still eat a pretty good amount of food, too. It depends a lot on what I am eating. If I eat really dense foods I get full pretty fast. (chicken esp.) If I eat softer foods, I can pack it away. I wouldn't be too concerned if you aren't having any negative repurcussions - you don't mention pain or PB'ing or anything so my guess is you are fine. You probably aren't at your sweet spot yet (I'm not and I have 6.5 ccs). Also, portion sizes are not as small as some people think they are even at your sweet spot. I think if you are eating the right kinds of foods, which it sounds like you are, and are losing the way you are losing, you are doing great. 38 lbs is great and I am jealous! Keep up the good work!

You might need another fill. Also, make sure you don't drink at all with your meals. That will help to prevent over eating.

Thanks for the reply Cowboys fan (although I'm in NY) Jets fan but also watch the GIANTS!! It just seems like my surgeon said I would be eating a lot less, maybe my next fill will get me over the hump.

bigron

Well, I guess you're a happy camper huh with that super bowl win? Ha! I guess, even as much as it pains the hell out of me, I have to say congrats! I absolutley cannot pull for a division rival to win the big one. Therefore I had to pull for the Pats. Oh well, we'll get over our own hump next season, but man it's a long way to August!!! Anyway, I think your next fill will do the trick for you. If it doesn't you should inform your surgeon of the situation so he can do another one for you. Good luck, keep posting your progress. We'll continue our success during the next season & argue over football.

So bigron452...how's the restriction now? Did you ever get your next fill? I had my 2nd one yesterday & I've lost 35lbs to date. As soon as I walked out of the Dr's office, I felt full again. Hope all is going well for you & your weight loss.