Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

What is PBing?

:teeth_smile:

Pb's or productive burping is when there is too much food in your 29_1_3.gif esophogus and when you try to burp, the chewed food comes up/ different than throwing up, cause it hasn't gotten to your stomach yet. and sliming is when you eat to much and get the pain, your esophogus produces slime (mucus) to help it slide down easier. I know now cause it happened to me once. I think you have to experience it to understand it, I did...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Dee H - what is your last name? What time is your surgery? I will be there on the 6th for my final weigh in. I will see if you are in your room yet. My surgery will be a week after you. Good luck!

Bandofgold, thanks for the clarification. I thought they were the same thing. Hopefully I will never find out the difference - boy am I a dreamer!

My appt. is at 9:00 on 10/7. It would be nice to meet a fellow bandster! Thanks for the definition of PBing. I think I have semi-PBed! Congrats to all who are having surgery! To me it was very exciting-now I am trying to figure out how to use it.

Good morning, everyone! It's so good to see so many posts in here lately. :biggrin: *waves to everyone who hasn't been around lately and to the newbies*

I'm still on pureed food...made it through the wedding that I was in this weekend! It was at Samuel's and they were VERY accommodating and pureed my entire meal (minus the salad/cake/Baked Alaska...I just mushed up a little of the latter two, and the thought of pureed salad made me sick). Granted, pureed filet mignon is probably the only way I'll ever eat it again but it was gross until I salted and peppered. I felt bad that I was only able to eat about 10 tablespoons of everything combined, but hey whatcha gonna do? I also ate a little piece of cake...but not until yesterday. :thumbup:

I tried regular scrambled eggs on Saturday morning and they didn't get stuck but they definitely gave me a stomachache. I'm with y'all who are eating out of willpower (though, it's SO MUCH EASIER now) because of fears of getting stuck. On Sunday I had fat free yogurt from Tops (I was at my sister's and she didn't have much around) and it made me so gassy! OMG! Must've been the asparatame. But Aldi FF yogurt doesn't do that? So weird.

I haven't slimed/PB'ed/etc. yet...I have felt very uncomfortable a couple of times and it's always after just one extra teaspoon of whatever I'm eating....it's crazy! My warning sign is usually hiccupping. Except for Water when I'm not eating...I love that I can still drink Water because I think I have an addiction, lol....

I guess when I move to real solid foods (which won't be until next Wednesday I guess) I'm really going to figure out what works. On Friday there was BBQ pork at the rehearsal dinner with no puree option and I basically took really small bites and pureed them in my mouth, like Jeanne said I would eventually do. It worked out but I'm still nervous! :blush:

Anyway, there's my update...I will definitely be at the Support Group meeting on the 15th, and hopefully at the park on the 11th!

36_11_10.gif Judy , My appt is at 1:30. and I am afraid I will run out of fills before I lose the wt.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Yes, that concerns me too. Not sure what happens when you run out of fills, back to weight watchers I guess.

the doc will probably not let that happen, he will find a way to get you back on track before that. I think LLL is 75% filled and she did not seem worried.

Dr. H. just keeps telling me to exercise more which is good advice.

Take care.

I have a question. Has anyone gone from normally being (too) warm all the time to being cold after surgery. I have read of a few examples and am praying it happens to me! Also did anyone have wierd dreams the weeks before? Last night I dreamed I had a stroke on the table and a few weeks ago I dreamed I woke up in my room screaming what did I do getting this thing in me for life! I think I am having a missing my favorite foods crisis.

Bandofgold - I don't understand what you mean when you say you will run out of fills. There is no limit. As long as you have the band you can get fills. I just posted a site where a doctor who performs the surgery and is also a patient had a fill after 8 years. I think they are less frequent the further along we get.

Czarbaby - thanks for the encourageing words. I am worried about the first week, Pain and not eating wise. Good luck on your second week.

I have a question. Has anyone gone from normally being (too) warm all the time to being cold after surgery. I have read of a few examples and am praying it happens to me! Also did anyone have wierd dreams the weeks before? Last night I dreamed I had a stroke on the table and a few weeks ago I dreamed I woke up in my room screaming what did I do getting this thing in me for life! I think I am having a missing my favorite foods crisis.

Bandofgold - I don't understand what you mean when you say you will run out of fills. There is no limit. As long as you have the band you can get fills. I just posted a site where a doctor who performs the surgery and is also a patient had a fill after 8 years. I think they are less frequent the further along we get.

Czarbaby - thanks for the encourageing words. I am worried about the first week, Pain and not eating wise. Good luck on your second week.

Linda, yes you can run out of fills. The band that BGH uses hold 10 ml of liquid. Some of the girls are up to 7.5 ml. there is a 15 ml band that they probably use on really big people, not sure about that. But, after 10 ml they can not fill you.

I was always very hot, could never wear sweaters etc. After my hysterectomy I finally cooled down and I LOVE it. I can wear sweaters and barely sweat.

Why do you keep saying you are saying goodbye to your favorite foods? And you talk about a week without eating? You are reading all the books but perhaps misunderstanding them. This surgery is so that you do not have to give up anything, you just eat less. You are working yourself up over a misperception. Hoffman maintains that we do not have to diet, this will restrict the amount we can eat.

I am still losing. I can not think of one food that I wanted that I could not eat. The only thing that gives me trouble is chicken and hamburg. And I can still eat them sometimes.

I have eaten pizza, wings, nuts, brownies, ice cream, cake, sandwiches, banana bread, chips, popcorn, Bagels, drink coffee, french fries, rice, Soup, seafood. Not sure what else I can do to convince you that you are going on to a good life, not a miserable life. I just spent $79.00 on dinner last night in NYC. Does that tell you that you can still eat? I had to go slow, and I brought half back to the hotel which I had for lunch. Last week I ate in a French restaurant. I have beer and wine and bloody mary's.

As long as you eat small, slow, [protein first) and exercise 4 times a week the world is yours girl. Think happy not sad.

Linda, I know how you feel.. My surgery is scheduled for 11/11 and am having scarry thoughts already.. but I am trying hard to concentrate on the positive.. Buying normal clothes and looking good after spending a fortune on an outfit.

Judy, thanks for the information. I really don't want to give up all the great food, after all being italian it would be impossible, however, I know I can handle eating less of it !! Will you be at the next meeting ? I am planning coming.

shar

Yes, unfortunatly, Judy is correct, we can only be filled up to 10cc so my thought was what if i get to 10cc and it wears off like the last 3 did. I feel full for about a week, and then its like i never had a fill.

Also, Yes I never thought it would happen to me, but I do get cold now and I NEVER get or got cold ever. so there is hope for all us woman going through menapause and hot flashes...

Judy, I can't believe you eat all that and lose wt. I am still doing Phase 1 and have not dropped a lb in a month..Hats off to you girl..

I also excersize, so I guess it is the pateau everyone talks about... It sucks.

Just celebrating with myself.

I only have to lose 99lbs to get to goal. At least its not 100!:cursing: