Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

sugar free pb cups are the WORST. Oh do they taste wonderful going down though. I always have major gas and major "other" issues after consuming those! Not everything with sugar alcohol does it to me but boy do those! Any kind of sf candy does that to me, though.

LINDA!!! Tomorrow is your day---who knows if you'll see this, and hopefully you've made it your "cleansing" today...but GOOD LUCK!!! Yay!!!!

hello fellow buffalonians,

i'm going through Synergy Bariatrics in Williamsville, his name is Dr. Vigilianco. they are awesome there!!!!!!!! they have support group meetings, an exercise facility which you get to use free for 3 months, not to mention all the support they give you! my surgery is scheduled for early january. i did consider going through hoffman, i have heard good things about him, however i know people at my work that went through synergy and have had wonderful experiences! the only thing i don't recommend is going through kaleida health weight loss center doctor...forgot the name but i've heard nothing but bad stuff about him. feel free to ask any questions! and good luck!:smile2:

Synergy is the group from sister's Hospital. One of my friends, Maria, is one of his dieticians. She is very nice. I have heard about their exercise facility. Good luck. Let us know how long it takes you to go from start to finish.

Bloom and Band and everyone else. I just saw Linda, she was tired but happy. She has the ice bag over her belly (we all remember that, right?) She had no nausea, lucky bum! She is already asking what time she can go home tomorrow!

Actually last night she was able to go to a comedy show with her husband, cleansing ended early!

She is on her way.

Liz--welcome, welcome! Even though this thread started with Dr. Hoffman lovin', it's really just about Buffalo peeps talking about stuff. Plus, I too want to hear about the Synergy program...all I've got is feedback from gastric bypass patients who had it when it was still open surgery.

Judy--so glad to hear that Linda's doing well! I can't believe she went to a comedy show...I was SO down for the count with my cleansing, lol. I was afraid to go anywhere. :biggrin:

Sometimes I miss my ice bag, lol. :thumbup: I loved it though, it made things so much easier to take!

hi all,

synergy is pretty quick...i could have a sooner surgery date, but i wanted to wait...my co-worker and i started this process at the same time, his surgery will be early november, we both started in July....so yeah...pretty quick!!!

i don't know linda, but glad to hear things are well :thumbup:

i'm going to a support group meeting tonight to hear from some people, even though i'm like 98% sure i'm still going through with it....i am going to miss my chicken wings tho:sad:

Awesome, Liz! That's great!!!

I think that BGH would be faster as well (it used to be) if they were staffed accordingly, and all the staff got the same info. I'm hoping that they replace Dr. Forbes so that the program picks up again.

Anybody going to the support meeting tomorrow? I'm going, my real name is Sally. Not sure what I'm wearing yet, though, so just say hi. :thumbup:

glad to hear Linda is doing well. still having PB's and sliming myself, I guess when they said 2-3 oz. of food, they meant it. even my meds are coming up in the a.m., thinking I should not take anything by mouth till afternoon.

I saw Linda this morning..she looked great! She was just waiting to be discharged. I had my post-op with Hoffman too. He said I was doing great and could start pureed foods. I lost 12 lbs since my pre-op visit.

Band, sorry to hear about the sliming & PB ing Hope that gets better soon!

4_1_203.gif Thanks Dee, I am losing weight so it is tolerable right now. As for the coffee, I would say yes, because they gave it to us in the hospital. Great Job on the weight loss, wow 12 lbs.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Awesome, Dee! Congrats!

I haven't PBed or slimed yet...but I have gotten close. On Jello of all things! I wasn't paying attention while eating it and ate way too much. Freakiest thing ever.

NBflo: see you there!

Anyone else going? And now that I'm going, what time is the meeting? I thought I still had my flier on my fridge, evidently not...