Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Linda's ministry is undergoing major growth and is upgrading a free medical clinic to the tune of 3.5 million dollars. The big announcement was made on Tuesday and the new covered it. They did not kill themselves with the coverage but at least it was on the TV. That is why Linda delayed her surgery, because she wanted to be totally focused on this event. Very exciting for her.

Linda and her husband sold their family home and bought a delapidated church and built this ministry from the ground up. She has written a book, "Five Years of Faith". She is a very interesting person.

Judy---yeah, I thought at this stage (the way Jeanne explained) is that I have to puree absolutely everything. Granted, I've cheated with cottage cheese but after yesterday's egg debacle...I'm letting up a bit!!! Blech!

When was Linda on Channel 4? And what for? Ooh that rhymed...smile.gif

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss...no day but today."--Jonathan Larson, from Rent

NO DAY BUT TODAY!!!! I finally got through, and spoke to Miriam today at BGH. She said i'm on the schedule for the next seminar. YAY!!!! Hopefully everything else follows suit. Does anyone know if Dr. Hoffman's group requires a sleep study?? Or is everyone different in what the DR's request, as far as testing is concerned?

By the way RENT is my FAVORITE musical of ALL time!!! I'm going to the IMAX of the final performance this sunday.

Edited by akirrastar710

Judy---yeah, I thought at this stage (the way Jeanne explained) is that I have to puree absolutely everything. Granted, I've cheated with cottage cheese but after yesterday's egg debacle...I'm letting up a bit!!! Blech!

When was Linda on Channel 4? And what for? Ooh that rhymed...smile.gif

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss...no day but today."--Jonathan Larson, from Rent

NO DAY BUT TODAY!!!! I finally got through, and spoke to Miriam today at BGH. She said i'm on the schedule for the next seminar. YAY!!!! Hopefully everything else follows suit. Does anyone know if Dr. Hoffman's group requires a sleep study?? Or is everyone different in what the DR's request, as far as testing is concerned?

By the way RENT is my FAVORITE musical of ALL time!!! I'm going to the IMAX of the final performance this sunday.

where is rent at the IMAX?

I think they might want a sleep study, but check first because if it is not clinically indicated your doctor may not order it.

where is rent at the IMAX?

I think they might want a sleep study, but check first because if it is not clinically indicated your doctor may not order it.

The IMAX is on transit rd in williamsville. They taped the final performance and are showing it only in IMAX. I've seen it 10 times since it opened, i'm a bit of a RENT head. So i hope this is cool. :smile2:

Did any of you guys have Excruciating pain after surgery? Or was it pretty much like getting kicked in the stomach type of pain? I mean i'm expecting pain of course, but i was hoping it was not too too bad. I wanted to get back to work as soon as i was able. I sit at a desk all day no hard labor and I can get up and sit as much as I want.

no i didnt see it- sorry i missed it

the pain was not bad at all- i used the pain med only for a couple days and then used tylenol

The IMAX is on transit rd in williamsville. They taped the final performance and are showing it only in IMAX. I've seen it 10 times since it opened, i'm a bit of a RENT head. So i hope this is cool. :smile2:

Did any of you guys have Excruciating pain after surgery? Or was it pretty much like getting kicked in the stomach type of pain? I mean i'm expecting pain of course, but i was hoping it was not too too bad. I wanted to get back to work as soon as i was able. I sit at a desk all day no hard labor and I can get up and sit as much as I want.

We are all different, but I will tell you my story. Not much pain, drove in two days, worked in 5 days. Still have my lortab liquid. Except for burning skin on the day of surgery due to the incisions, I really never had stomach pain. The port was a little annoying, and if you eat wrong or get something stuck then there is pain, like you swallowed a baseball. There is some shoulder pain from the gas they give you to expand the work area for the doctor. The gas must rise to the shoulder area for some reason. It is also not unbearable, but annoying. But, others have had some pain, so please be prepared. Everyone is different. I do not think anyone I have talked to had excruciating pain. Probably the worst thing after the skin burning was I had dry heaves in the hospital. For the most part I had a good experience.

Akirrastar, here is the exact information on Sisters from Business First: Sisters Hospital ranked in the top 10% among hospitals nationwide for its Bariatric program. They received a 5 star rating.

I suspect if you did a search on this site for Dr. Carruna or Sisters Hospital you would find bandsters who were thrilled with his work as we are with our doctors. To put it in perspective - there are bandsters who weren't pleased with Dr. Forbes but there are bandsters who think she walks on Water. Might be a quicker option for you.

Hi Linda, I've donated items to Harvest House several times and my Aunt used to live on that street. I'm a block from B-Kwik. Did you know that there will be a Tim Ho's in there-I love there coffee. I see Dr. Posner on 10-20 not 9-20 . Trying to lose more weight before I see him.I lost 9lbs. when I met with Jeanne. Trying to stay on South Beach but really love carbs. This site motivates me and I'm learning alot. Is there a minimum amount of weight to lose before surgery? I have BCBS.

Linda--you are so right, people either like or don't whatever program they're in, you know? Or, they just come here for all of their info. :tongue2: :wink2: Congrats on the growth of your ministry, by the way!!! I wish I'd seen the coverage; I wonder if it's on the channel 4 website anywhere.

I tend to think that Sister's program is rated so high because they haven't outgrown themselves, like BGH. They're a smaller hospital, and are working within their means and are able to answer all of the questions that are out there. They're doing a lot of good!! Sister's was an option for me when I first started looking into bariatric surgery (for bypass) before I decided the band was for me. At the time they weren't doing banding.

Buckets--I have BCBS, I believe the minimum is 5% loss; but with comorbidities, etc. it'll be an easy approval. The clinic had me lose more weight than the insurance asked for, but that was just to lower my BMI even more.

Hi buckets, I too belive it is 5% of your body weight. But don't loose more and almost be disqualified as I did. We are really close neighbors. If you want to go to the support meeting together or drive to Delaware Park on Saturday mornings to walk let me know. I don't know if I will be at the next support meeting, it is October 15th and my surgery is the 13th. I really hope to go. If you send me a private message via this site I will give you my phone number and personal email.

hi everyone.

just wanted to update everyone went to the deitions yesterday and lost 13lbs. im so excited.

great job china!