Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

PS, Vicki, you are still doing great, it looks like you are at the maximum loss, two pounds a week.

Question, for all of you, are we ever going to stop thinking about eating, not eating, weight or do you think it is on our minds forever, even with the band? I want to put it out of my mind but it is all I think about.

You should be able to eat eggs without pureeing them. I did not think about it actually. I ate egg beaters, but assumed that they were soft enough without pureeing. You might be the first I have heard about pureed eggs.

I bet you will be glad to finish this week. I have to admit, except for Soups I stuck to foods that did not need pureeing, like cottage cheese, egg beaters, tuna. I would have starved to death otherwise, as I am too lazy to go through all the work of puree. Cant remember what else I ate. A lot of those soups called "soup at hand". They are pretty much pureed. They are even pretty good cold. I think I made a seafood Soup to eat during that week also. anything that could be mashe dwith my fork.

You are doing great though Bloom--you should follow the directions like you are doing. I was not the best patient. As far as eating too much, for me at least, I get a little warning feeling, and I know if I eat one more forkfull I will be hurting. It did not seem to take too long to determine when to stop. Sometimes I went beyond, that is when I threw up. Hoff says throwing up is not acceptable. So I have had to stop going that one extra bite.

you seem pretty in tune to this Bloom, I think you will do just GREAT.

Hello all

I had my 2nd fill today I met Laurie for the first time she is the newer NP seemed very nice,anyways she gave me my fill at first she said she was giving me 2 cc's but ended up giving me 3 cc's she kept saying if I cant eat to call tomorrow and they will take some of my fill out my question is has anyone ever been "over filled" and had to get some taken out?

jen,

i cant imagine getting a 3cc fill. my first fill was 1.5 cc and i didnt feel the restriction for 1 week and at first i had a lot of vomiting until i learned how much i could eat and i didnt want them to take any out

Val

3 cc's does sound like an awful lot does'nt it :confused: I know I just got the fill today but I feel the restriction already,I had a little bit of broth and some Water and hard to believe but Iam satisfied.

good for you Jen. i didnt notice my fill for about a week- im okay as long as i dont eat too much, which i have learned to do so im not vomiting

It's great reading everyone's posts. I was banded 7/14/08 by Dr. Hoffman. He told me I had my first fill at the time of surgery. The problem is I don't feel any restriction at all. I feel the same as before surgery, and very hungry. My next appointment is 10/7. I hope for a fill and some restriction. Tell me that feeling will really come!!:confused:

Nicki has had to be unfilled twice. 3 cc does seem like a lot. What was in your first fill? Who did your surgery?

If you can tolerate it that is great, should be some good weight loss for you. Take care.

czar-you can eat just like before the band? If you have not lost any weight he will most likely fill you. If you are losing an average of two pounds a week then they will not fill you. Sorry that has happened to you. I was banded 7/17, I have been losing two pounds a week, but if it slows down then I will ask him for a little booster. I can only eat about a third of what I did before the band, but for sure I am eating more than the first month. We are all different though for sure. But dont worry, he will take care of you. If you are not losing Dr. H. will do what it takes.

Its soo great to hear everyone, and I'm soo comforted knowing I have people out there going through the same thing(S) that i have gone through and will be going through. Does anyone have any information to the program at sisters?? So i can compare the two and weigh my options.

PS, Vicki, you are still doing great, it looks like you are at the maximum loss, two pounds a week.

Question, for all of you, are we ever going to stop thinking about eating, not eating, weight or do you think it is on our minds forever, even with the band? I want to put it out of my mind but it is all I think about.

I'm not sure how I gained all that weight, but after the surgery, i did not feel any different after the first week. I was told i had no restriction or fill by the nurse, and i believed her. I still feel as though

i can eat alot, maybe i should right everything down, I hope i'm not eating alot....ooohhhhh I cant stop thinking about food and fills and restrictions, and carbs. I think were in it for the long haul as far as having it on our minds allllllllll the time.

Sisters Hospital Bariatric Center was just rated very high (I can't remember exactly what but it will probably be in this weekends Business First.) My surgery is October 13 and it will be 7 months and 1 day since I applied.

I know that they have a good nutritionist, as it is one of my friends. She told me that they have a fabulous fitness facility right there for the patients to come to. Again, I am not sure if one is better than the other, if anyone is in a hurry it might be good to apply to both to see who has a seminar first. They dont have Dr. Hoffman, so they dont have the best surgeon, but I am sure they have a very good one, LOL!

Lets stop talking about food, has anyone seen a good movie or read a good book? All this talk about eating is making me hungry!!

Did anyone else see our famous future bandster on the Buffalo News, Channel 4? Yes, it was our good friend Linda!! Good luck Linda with your new adventure.

Judy---yeah, I thought at this stage (the way Jeanne explained) is that I have to puree absolutely everything. Granted, I've cheated with cottage cheese but after yesterday's egg debacle...I'm letting up a bit!!! Blech!

When was Linda on Channel 4? And what for? Ooh that rhymed...:crying: