Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Judy and BandofGold, you two are scaring me, a future bandster BUT I can't stop eating now so nothing could be worse. If there is anyhting I have learned it is everyone responds differently. I just read that someone couldn't tolertate chicken and I thought if you are not suppossed to eat beef and can't tolerate chicken, what is left???? I am so torn and confused.

Linda, are you torn about whether or not to have the surgery? It is a scary thing having this thing in you forever. But it is just as scary to have bad health. If you are too undecided you could wait a while longer, but I am not sure if that would help.

It frustrates me to not be able to eat a full meal when the meal is a good one, but I am enjoying being in smaller clothes. It's kind of a choice, I think I will get used to it. To be honest I am not sure. You are stuck with this once you do it. I am not sorry at all that I did it. I am sorry that my weight was such that I had to do it.

If you have any doubts, then delay it. It is a big decision. The weight loss is slower than I thought, but faster than I was doing before. I am not sure what else to tell you. You have most of the facts now, let the facts guide you. Again, we are all different. Your surgery might be nothing like mine or like LLL or Band. Margie M has pain, I did not have pain. Decide based on what is right for you, not what is happening to each of us.

Take care talk to you soon.

linda,

everyone is different. i have no problems with beef or chicken- but bread, Bagels and pizza are no no's for me. if i eat slow and the right amt i have no problems. i am so very glad i had it done and have no regrets at all

val

Val is right, eat slow and small, no matter what it is. That is what Hoffman always tells me too, eat slow and small, you can always go back for more.

I just wish I could stop thinking about eating, maybe that will come next.

Hello Ladies..... It's me LLL I'd like to say that first you guys are the best.... Talking out all the fustrations, concerns and problems.

See the emotional side of our weight issues is a huge step at getting to our goals.

I'd like to say Hello I'm Cynthia and I'm a food addicit. Yes it's true I am!! LOL,LOL,LOL as funny as it really sounds due to the most popular addictions are drugs and alcohal..... Mine is food!!! Now with that out in the open let's get down to getting everyone in a good place.

BANDOFGOLD - You won't run out of room in your band - You see they have two sizes and Dr. Hoffman knew which size to place inside so this would not be a concern. It might take you another or more fills to get at your sweet spot. Mine might fade off in a few months yet I know that fills are out there for me to help get me on track again. Take a huge deep breath and stop beating yourself up about not losing as what you feel you should have by now!! Knock it off now - this is self distructing what your working towards a smaller healthier self!! If tough love is waht you need I'm gonna give it to you!!! (o:

meats oh the good old high Protein stuff we need!! I eat many meats but choose only top cuts..... I do have trouble with anything dry or re-warmed like left overs - I kow white meat can also be a problem at times..... It's all in the way it's prepared or how tight you are at any given day or time..... Mornings are out for me..... Yet dinner time is good..... Steak is one of my all time favs I get the best cut and I mean tiny, tiny, tiny bites and chew the day lights out of it!!

bread, Pasta, rice and all other cards I avoid like a tooth ache since I find them now unappealing to me!! Sure I might get stuck or have some sort of problem. But truly after 9 months I just don't want to be filled with these bland fillers that do nothing but stuff me!! I did that for so many years stuffing in food that I really didn't taste or find appealing just because I wanted to eat, eat, eat..... Now I eat for the enjoyment, taste and satisfaction knowing it's healthier for me!!

The best prize in the end WEIGHT LOSS - I don't care if it's .5 or 10 pounds it's a loss for me and I'm going down.

Don't be over stressed and over think yourselfs into I"M BAD, I'M NOT DOING GOOD ENOUGH, STOP IT NOW! THIS IS NEW AND WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER TO THE OTHER SIDE OF HEALTH.

MUCH LOVE FROM ME TO YOU...... CYNTHIA

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Thanks for your support LLL! Yes, food is our drug for sure.

I have been talking to Nicki a lot about this, I think psychiatry should be a bigger part of the program and maybe we should suggest this. I think we would get more out of seeing a shrink at our appointments then the nutritionist or physical therapist. I realize that we can choose to go to one if we want, but since it such a big issue I think it should be ingrained in the program.

I am off to jazzercise. Take care.

Linda, can you hear the consistancy in what all of the bandsters are saying, we all eat different things, but we all eat small and chew a lot. I have to agree on one more thing with LLL, hamburger is a problem for me (especially if left over) but I have eaten some fine steaks since the surgery. We are so worth it.

Thanx LLL, I needed that, love you for it and always appreciate it.

Linda, everyone is right, we are all so different but moderation and correct eating is the not so secret secret....so don't stress we are all here supporting one another, and it is the best time in my life in a long time, I have you wonderful friends, and I'm losing weight, It doesn't get much better. vicki

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all!

I know, it's taken me a few days to come on here and tell y'all that I'm okay, but check it out---I'm okay!

I was SO nervous on Monday, it was pretty evident. And leaving me in the holding area for so long made me even more nervous--I was all by myself, boo! But once they got a vein and gave me an IV, then hooked me up with calming meds and took me into the OR, I was good. Last thing I remember is the oxygen mask and a nurse saying, "we'll take really good care of you." I woke up in recovery all spacey and my back hurt.

I'm at my sister's house, I've been there all week, but I'm going home tonight. I'm really achy through my shoulder--I guess it's the leftover CO2 and the referred pain from being yanked and pulled and prodded in surgery. I drank Atkins shakes for most of the week along with Water and a little chicken stock but now I'm drinking Protein Powder shakes and they're kinda gross but I'm dealing. The Clinic was all in such arms about my white blood cell count last Wednesday that they never told me to get Protein Shakes and stuff to have at home...Dr. Hoffman seemed a little mad that nobody told me that. I think it was attributed to them sticking me with Laurie, a different NP than I was used to (I was used to seeing Barb) and maybeher not knowing me or something. Dr. Hoffman said the white blood cell count was NEVER an issue with him. I love how everyone but the surgeon got all bajiggity. :thumbup:

Anyway, I'm still really excited...I'll be more excited when I can kick these Protein shakes down the road. They're gross, let's face it. :thumbdown: And I'm okay drinking chicken stock, right? And eating sugar free Jello? I know it's low carb protein, and little to no sugar. He was mad that I thought I could drink apple juice all week. Noperooni.

Feeling good, really excited, can't wait to start walking with y'all in October (my next weekends are filled with weddings and Girl Scout camp stuff)!!!! I've missed you!!!

YIPEEE - She's back!! Welcome to bandster world!!

Oh I'm so excited for you.... Glad everything went well and you're recovering with your sister... I spent the first days at my parents house... A comfort thing for me!! Nothing like having family take good care of you while recovering - plus it was the Christmas Holiday!!

So noone told you abou the Protein Shakes? Wow - I know he get's so up-set when the staff up there screws up with his patients. Seems the staff is going through some //problems. It's never anything major or life threatening...But it's things like staff talking in front of patients un-professionally, seminar bookings taking months, lost paperwork, and now information getting to patients.

You rock Bloom - keep on your liquids - until you see Dr. HoffMan - When is your next appointment 9/23/08? Oh and chicken stock is fine.... Jello too...... I did eat about your time frame some pudding mixed with extra milk..... You'll be on mushies by next week. tuna salad mixed well with mayo, cottage cheese and any tpye of low fat cream Soups helped me a ton..... I would blend the chucks in the cream Soup if any!! But remember you will get super full on a very small amount!! I did for the first 6 weeks..... I would eat like a baby bird!! LOL,LOL

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

ok im totally p'ed off. went have the stress done this morning and was at st.joe's ever since 7:40am just to have them tell me that they couldn't do the test. couldn't find a running vein. so as of right now no test. that was the last test needed for dr.h. i could just scream. ya know i was so mad i wanted to eat a few Cookies but, i didn't instead i ate a salad and Jello.

oh yeah according to there scale i have droped 6lbs in 5 days. but, im gonna wait to change my tickler as i was told at dr. h's that there scale is the only one that matters. so i have to call there and see what else can be done or can they give the test at a later time.

love ya

china

OK Guys !! here comes te count down.. I just received a letter from BCBS approving the Banding !!!! I called Dr. Posner's office and got a date for 11/11/08.... need to be there at 5:30 am !! YUK... but I'm glad its first in the morning and not later.. by then, I may be running out of the hospital if I think about it too long !! I need to pick up the Vitamins this weekend.. any place I can go for a good price ?? I talking about the Viactive multi and Calcium chews.. How many daily do you do and in a.m. or p.m. better ??? I am reading all of your notes and learning so much.. thanks for being there for us newbies !!

I just received the Weightloss Surgery for Dummies Book today and reading it... I heard it was very informative !! Any comments about the book ? OMG , already I'm nervous just that I have a date !!

shar

Hi Bloom, congratulations!!! You are on your way. Why no apple juice, just not enough Protein? The only reason I am asking is that they gave me apple juice in the hospital.

They did not give you the list for the Vitamins or anything? I cant remember when I got mine, I think when they gave me the date for surgery they gave me all that.

My protein powder was good, thank God. Designer protein or something like that. I am so jealous that you were able to get babied by family, I went home to be with my doggie, but that is ok. I really did not feel too bad anyway. Actually I drove two days after my surgery, had to go to a funeral.

Anyway, I am so happy for you I hope you will walk with us soon.

Val, since it is just you and I this Saturday (tomorrow) want to start at 8:30 or 9? I am just being lazy. Call my cell if you want to make it later otherwise I will be there at 8 am. 997-4945. I will leave a note on the walking site too.

congrats Bloom, I know you are flying high now that it us over. Now, you just wait for the lbs to melt off..the most comes off the first 6 weeks, or my did anyway. I'm glad your home and everything went well. good luck vicki